Pelvic Organ Prolapse (POP) Expert Forum
Stretched post op!!

WELCOME TO THE PELVIC ORGAN PROLAPSE (POP) FORUM. This forum welcomes questions about female, pelvic organ prolapse.

Stretched post op!!
K4C
I had a DaVinci hysterectomy on 12-11-12 with anterior/posterior repairs; vault suspension and TVT procedure. Yesterday I woke in a full body stretch like I always had my whole life however since surgery I had not done so. Is there any way I have jeopordized the repairs?! I hate to bother the MD on call with a silly question near the holidays. I am sore but have always been; no extra bleeding.  I just hate this happened when I wasn't awake. It started to happen 2nd day post op but I woke up fast and never did this until yesterday. Thank you for your time and help.
It is unlikely stretching would cause any problems.  If you did not experience significant increase in pain, you should be fine.  J. Kyle Mathews, MD
K4C
Thank you so much for your help Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
K4C
The above comment was to the doctor.