Pelvic Organ Prolapse (POP) Community
Surgery my doctor wants to perform

WELCOME TO THE PELVIC ORGAN PROLAPSE (POP) COMMUNITY. This forum welcomes all discussions about female, pelvic organ prolapse.

Surgery my doctor wants to perform

I am 52 and I have a prolapsed bladder. I've been doing the kegal exercises for the past 3 years but it has dropped more. The urologist has recommended surgery in which I agree. My problem is she says that in order for it to be successful they are now doing hysterectomies with it. I am still getting my menstrual cycle every 28 days and hate to have to do this. Is this how they are doing it now?
Hi there.  I am sorry to hear of your problems.  It is common for prolapses to get worse even with kegel exercises due to gravity, hormone levels and the nature of prolapses.  However, it is also good to continue with your kegels to keep in the best condition possible.

You dont say where you live and I note you have seen a Urologist.  It is generally accepted and recommended that we see a Urogynecologist for advise and treatment for prolapses.  Have you seen one?  You may wish to get a second opinion before making a big decision to have a hysterectomy and I dont understand why you wold be recommended to have a hysterectomy if your uterus is not causing problems or prolapsed.

Consider an appt with a Urogynecologist for a second opinion then look at your options in order to be able to make a fully informed decision you are happy with.  I hope this helps