Pelvic Organ Prolapse (POP) Community
The Best Surgeon

WELCOME TO THE PELVIC ORGAN PROLAPSE (POP) COMMUNITY. This forum welcomes all discussions about female, pelvic organ prolapse.

The Best Surgeon

I just want to report on a great surgeon that repaired my pelvic floor prolaspe.  I recently had a pelvic floor repair done by Dr. Paraiso of The Cleveland Clinic (robotically).  This was a very complicated procedure and required tremendous skill.  She did an excellent job and is unquestionably a world class surgeon.  I even traveled from Kansas City to Cleveland to have her perform the procedure.  I would highly recommend her to anyone who is thinking about having repair of a pelvic prolapse.  This procedure is complicated and requires skills that most surgeons do not have.  I realize there is a down side to going out of town -- but, I am positive that the surgical skill of Dr. Parasio out weighted the down side of traveling to another city.  I am writing all this because I wish I had been told by others about where to go to find the top surgeons in this field.  I did a lot of research before I decided on Dr. Parasio.  There are many excellent surgeons -- I just wanted to share by experience.  
Great news Peg!  It is so encouraging to hear that you are satisfied with your surgeon.  You can pat yourself on your back for taking control of your situation and doing the best research you can BEFORE surgery.  It is so important that we reach out and support others through our experiences.  I also had surgery four weeks ago today and feel that I had a wonderful surgeon also.  I wish you continued success in your healing!
Thanks for your comment.  I am 2 weeks out from surgery and I feel like a new person - NO MORE INCONTENIENCE!  I had forgotten how it felt to not have a bulge outside my vagina.  No more pani liners!  When I put a mirror down there, everything looked normal, the way it is suppose to look.  It is like a had a face lift of the pelvic floor!  Really it is incredible.  I am back in my blue jeans and will go back to work tomorrow.  I really want women to know that surgery - with a competent surgeon - has great results.  Especially with all the bad press about mesh.  Mesh was used in my procedure, but in the right hands (and the right mesh), it is the only way to go.  
How did you discover the "right" mesh?  I am not getting much guidance from my doctor on this.
It is so encouraging to hear a success story. There seem to be so many bad stories. I am facing this same thing and have been doing lots of research which most of the time creates more questions than answers. I am also concerned about 'permanant sutures' to hold up my whole uterus and vagina. I am having a uterosacral a study where materials give different results, some good some not so good. Do you know anything about what type of materials they used on you? Also, did you have the procedure I am describing? I also have the bulge and the incontinence. It's driving me crazy and lots of low back pain which I have been experiencing over 20 years! I keep putting off the surgery. I already had low back surgery in 2005 and now I think this prolapse may have been the cause all along, and now that I am entering menopause it all dropped down completely.
Your not alone.  I too have had a similar experience with low back pain and finally the menopause as well etc.,  
Doing your research is a very good idea and you may wish to ask your Surgeon ( a Urogynecologist that is ) what the failure/success rate is for the operation they suggest for you.  Materials are important of course and the right skilled Urogyne is a must!  I know it is possible to do purse string sutures for enterocele operations if the patients own tissue is healthy enough, otherwise they use mesh.  It depends on the condition of the patient as well as the surgeon as to how it is done, and of course as a patient you have the right to ask your questions and voice your concerns.

Yes it is great to hear success stories and we welcome more of these to the forum.  

Good luck with your search.
Hope Peg come back and tell the recovery progress, how about the feeling now
What is the doctor's address and phone number?