Pelvic Organ Prolapse (POP) Expert Forum
Water retention and POP

WELCOME TO THE PELVIC ORGAN PROLAPSE (POP) FORUM. This forum welcomes questions about female, pelvic organ prolapse.

Water retention and POP

My POP is getting rapidly worse and I am only able to sit or stand for around 3 to 4 hours a day with difficulty in urinating in the evening and lots of pushing downwards into my vagina, constipation with evening urine flow going forward instead of downwards.  
In addition to this I now have what I think is water retention.  I am not overeating and am normally 126 pounds in weight and am now putting on 3 pound a week and my skin feels tight, I cant get my rings on and even my face feels bloated.

Could the pressure of the POP be restricting blood flow to my kidneys by pressing on my abdominal aorta?  I also have found a bit of lumpyness in my groin.
Thank you
It is unlikely that your POP is affecting the blood supply to your kidneys, However, chronic urinary retention caused by POP can damage the kidneys over time.  I would suggest you see a urogynecologist for evaluation and blood work.  They should be able to evaluate your kidneys and advise you.  Dr. J. Kyle Mathews