Pelvic Organ Prolapse (POP) Community
chiropractor and cystocele

WELCOME TO THE PELVIC ORGAN PROLAPSE (POP) COMMUNITY. This forum welcomes all discussions about female, pelvic organ prolapse.

chiropractor and cystocele

I recently have been having pressure like something is pushing down/ trying to come out of my vagina.  I went to my OBGYN and he did an exam and said I have a cystocele. He did not tell me what degree it is.  He told me a surgery could be done but not until I am for sure done having children and to do kegals. I am 26 y/o and only have 1 child, a 2 y/o little girl who was 6lbs 10oz when she was born.  Also, Idon't now if this could be linked to it but when I was pregnant i was on bedrest from 6 1/2months on due to my cervix being 50% short and it gaping open from the top..I have also had to clean out my late Gradmother's house having to move heavy furniture with only the help of my parents...I went to my chiropractor yesterday morning and he told me there is something he could do for it.  Its like agrab and scoop up type of thing from my belly.  Has anyone ever heard of this?  and would it be ok?  He would liek to do it tomorrow am.  My mom has me a little worried.  talking about rupturing something...please help!
Sorry for the delay Mimi, was away from my desk for several days, playing catchup now. First of all, I hope things went ok at chiro. In all honesty you need to see a urogynecologist for POP-this is the specialist for this health issue. There are many causes, symptoms and treatments for POP. You have a cystocele, one of the 5 types. That pressure you feel is the organs pushing against your vaginal wall and pushing toward the outside of the vagina. If you are in an early enough stage, treatments will help you, typically when it gets more progressive, surgery is a more common solution. Once you read the article I posted (link below), send additional questions in. You can also get more info by going to the POP forum where there are more posts.

http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/Womens-Health/Taking-Pelvic-Organ-Prolapse-Out-of-the-Closet/show/1148?cid=591

Sher