da vinci hysterectomy
i went to doctor and he said something about a cuff not cuffing can you explain more
I am not familiar with this term so I have done some research.  After a hysterectom the surgeon sews up the top of the vagina a bit like the end of a sock where the toes are so there is room and no shortening of the vagina at the top when the uterus is taken out.  If it is not cuffing it could be that the top where it is sewn it isnt keeping shape.

I have researched this but do not have experience of it myself.  I recommend you speak to your doctor about this and find out exactly what they meant with regards to your operation and condition now.  Also do a search on 'hysterectomy cuff'.  Get information and let go of worry.  I feel this is an important comment from your Dr and if it were me I would be wondering what implications there were.  Do you know if you had any form of support stitches for the top of your vagina to keep it from vaulting later on?  

You have a right to ask your Dr for info on your condition and operation blackey36,  I wish you well.  Come back to us if you need any further help.