Pelvic Organ Prolapse (POP) Community
disappointed...

WELCOME TO THE PELVIC ORGAN PROLAPSE (POP) COMMUNITY. This forum welcomes all discussions about female, pelvic organ prolapse.

disappointed...

I hope this does not offend anyone...but I experienced a very uninformative visit to a Obgyn clinic. I did not see the doctor instead I opted foe the nurse practioner. Needless to say, I left pretty much the way I went in. My question is what precautions should I take for a prolapsed uterus and cystocele,apparently severe. She said I need a hysterectomy. I did nor do my homework,therefor did not ask all the pertinent questions and so left the clinic with no clue what to do now.
I am not sure why you opted to see the nurse practitioner.  It is important to see a Urogynecologist and the more experienced the better in terms of prolapses of all kinds.  Before you make any snap decisions about having a hysterectomy make sure you have all the facts about the severity of the prolapses from a Urogye in terms of degrees or grades and look at your options.  

Consider what questions you want to ask including what success rate they have with their POP operations.  Discuss exactly what is planned in terms of operation and what materials will be used, how many of these operations they do each week or month.  What options do you have and can you have a pessary fitted while you decide what to do... etc.,

You may wish to go away and think about it before you make the decision or have a second and even third opinion.  Make sure you have happy with the answers you are given.  

At least you are moving in the right direction to find out what prolapses you have and with each step of the way you can learn more in order to make the best informed decision for yourself.

I hope this helps.
Come back and let us know how you are getting on