Pelvic Organ Prolapse (POP) Community
doctors

WELCOME TO THE PELVIC ORGAN PROLAPSE (POP) COMMUNITY. This forum welcomes all discussions about female, pelvic organ prolapse.

doctors

I don't know if anyone can give me some names of urogynecologists in my area. I can't travel far and I live in a small town. I can go to Dallas or Little Rock. This is stressing me so much and I can't exercise or even walk. If anybody can help I would appreciate it.
You can look at Fellowship trained Urogynes on the web in the USA to see who is nearest to you to see.  You may wish to get more than one opinion as well and to ask them about their success rates of any operation they may recommend for you.  
Have you considered a pessary to help to support any prolapse/s you have?  This could also give you some support while you decide on any further treatment in the future.  
Have you had any womens physio therapy?  When you see a Urogyne ask them about a pessary and also about PT and look at pessaries before you go for your appt if you want to try one as there is a much larger choice of pessaries than many Urogynes realise but they are the consultants that measure you for one.
It is important for you to be happy with any treatment you decide to have to consider your options and let us know how you get on.  I hope you get an appt soon at a Urogyne that is as local as possible for you
Thank you so much! I don't feel so alone about this.I asked my G.P and she said I needed to see a urologist and they may remove my uterus. I asked about a pessary and she said I would just be sore and bleeding. I don't think I will get much help from her. I even asked her if she knew a good urogynecologist and she said there were none here. So,you see how desperate I am. Many thanks for helping and caring.
It really is worth seeing a good Urogynecologist.  A Urologist is not a prolapse specialist and I really dont understand why your Dr has suggested a urologist would remove your uterus?  Very odd.
Many Drs have no idea how very big the range of pessaries is for women with prolapse.  Do a web search to look at the pessaries and how different ones hold up different prolapses.  
Start to build your plan as to who to see ( Urogynes etc ) where they are no you are going to get there, what pessaries hold up what prolapse, Do a search for Urogynes as well throughout your area spanning out to see how far you would need to travel.  Ask your GP to be referred to see a womans physio therapist.  If your GP isnt too helpful, maybe speak to another GP in the practice and a nurse to see if they know anything about pessaries etc,
Come back for more support whenever you need it.  You are very welcome
Have you tried the POPS support group on Facebook or hystersisters?  I think that I have seen some posts by women who had surgeries in Texas.   Start asking around to women you know.  No one seems to talk about their surgeries but I was amazed how after I had my surgery how many women in my town of 60,000 had the same surgery (mostly all done outside my small rural state).  I would go to a urogynecologist.   A number of them are doing about 200-300 surgeries a year.   Make sure you get someone experienced and ask lots of questions.
Yes it is a good idea to ask around to see if other women locally know a good Urogyne but also check them out yourself and you can ask the Urogyne how many surgeries they do and about their success rates.  
I recommend Dr Miklos in Atl GA.  His staff seems airheads at times, but he did a great job for me. I had to travel but was worth it
Yes traveling can be a good idea in order to see the best Urogyne you can for you.  I have also traveled a long way in order to see a specific Urogyne.  
Great news you had a great outcome.