Pelvic Organ Prolapse (POP) Expert Forum
facing mesh removal surgery again!

WELCOME TO THE PELVIC ORGAN PROLAPSE (POP) FORUM. This forum welcomes questions about female, pelvic organ prolapse.

facing mesh removal surgery again!

I am now facing my second surgery to fix my mesh because it is going through my vaginal wall. But i had an experience a couple of weeks ago that i was wondering if anyone else has experience. I was in the bathroom getting r=dressed bent over a little and got the worst pain i have ever felt. I could feel something turn completely over inside of me on my left side about the height of my belly button. I had to call my husband to help me cause i was bent completely over from the pain and the pulling feeling i was having. he had to help me sit down after 5 minuts or so of setting bent over the pain started to ease and i could start to stand up again. But i am still having sharp pains in that spot of and on and some cramping once in awhile. I was wondering if any other ladys that have had a mesh implant experienced anything like this. I am afraid that my mesh has gone in to my organs. It has already gone into my bladder a little and was repaired in my first surgery.
Sorry to read of your problem.  It is unlikely that the mesh is the cause of your pain as you described above. If the mesh was placed vaginally it is not in the abdominal cavity.  If it was place by Laparoscopy, Robot, or open abdominal incision then there is a possibility that the mesh could be adhered to bowel.  J. Kyle Mathews, MD
I would also like you to know I have been diagnosed with endometriosis, small fiber neuropathy, severe incontinence and chronic pain syndrome. I have read that some ladies suffer from nerve damage due to this mesh. I was wondering what your thoughts on this is. I had a hysterectomy when i was 29, they put in a mesh sling to hold my bladder up  and a sling on my urethra about 3 years ago. I had one revision surgeon in april of 2012, I am now scheduled for a second in feb. Thanks
I had a prolapse uterus and the bladder comming down too. So I had a hysterectomy only for the uterus, but had the floor and some wall fixed along with the mesh sling on the bladder to hold in plase well that was 8 1/2weeks ago now it feels as though the bladder as fallen i hurt alitte and at the vagina opening it doesnt feel right what has happened? my first operation