Pelvic Organ Prolapse (POP) Expert Forum
low hanging cervix?

WELCOME TO THE PELVIC ORGAN PROLAPSE (POP) FORUM. This forum welcomes questions about female, pelvic organ prolapse.

low hanging cervix?

So I recently had my third daughter 12/6/12 & had the mirena put in about two weeks ago. Few days ago my husband and I noticed the strings hanging low. I went to doc and he said my cervix is hanging low, to do kegals and if that doesn't work,I may have a surgery similar to hysterectomy to pull it back up and also he would tack my bladder? Does this happen allot? Should I be worried, I'm only 25, will it affect ability to have other kids if we decide to
Pelvic Organ Prolapse, relaxation of the support structures that hold the uterus and bladder is common after childbirth.  I would suggest you consider seeing a Physical Therapist that specializes in Pelvic Floor.  They can help you with Kegals and strengthen your pelvic floor muscles.  I would not recommend surgery until you have completed your family.  J. Kyle Mathews, MD