Pelvic Organ Prolapse (POP) Community
pain after POP surgery

WELCOME TO THE PELVIC ORGAN PROLAPSE (POP) COMMUNITY. This forum welcomes all discussions about female, pelvic organ prolapse.

pain after POP surgery

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced pain after Da Vinci POP surgery in their neck?  I am also having pain in my hip? stinging and burning?  I go back to my urogyn on Wednesday. But was hoping to get some feedback before my appointment.  thanks
I havent heard of neck pain so I googled it and found another lady had headaches after Da Vinci op but could not find any reasons given for this happening.  I am glad you are going to bring this up with yoru urogyne together with concerns aobut hip pain, stinging and burning.  

You dont say what surgery you had done with Da Vinci but you do mention urogyne, however, if you had a sling or supporting stitches put in, the positioning of mesh, slings and stitches is very important together with the ability of your surgeon as it is possible the hip pain, stinging and burning indicates that the tension or positioning may not be ideal.  How long ago was the surgery?  You may have swelling and healing to complicate matters at the moment, but do make sure you get your questions accross to your urogyne and stress the pain levels and  difficulties you are having with regards to your post surgery pain etc.,

I wish you a speady recovery.
thanks for your reply.  I had a sacrocopoplexy for rectocele grade 3, ceteocele grade 3, hysterectomy for urterine prolapse grade 4, and a large cyst removed from my left ovary.  I did not have the sling.  After testing my doc felt I did not need it after the ceteocele was repaired.  My surgery was 6 and 1/2 hours.  I also had a vaginal/labia repair.  I ended up call my urogyn last night after severe pain.  She says I am having muscle spasms in my piraformas.  She suggested some stretching which help allot.  I she her tomorrow.  My neck pain is a result of the table tilt to reverse treandelenburg position.  Today is 2 weeks since my surgery and it has been rough.  I was constipated which caused a bowel blockage called an ileus.  My doc thinks all the staining caused the buttocks muscles to spasm.  Love to know if any one else has had this problem?  And suggestions?
Thank you for your comprehensive reply.  You had a lot of procedures and only 2 weeks ago so expect to have some swelling and pain.  The constipation needs sorting out.  Try Miralax or laxido and make sure you eat lots of fiber.  A sacrocopoplexy secures the vaginal vault by mesh secured to the sacral vertebrae so you may wish to talk to your Urogyne if you are getting any pain in the lower back and hip area after a 3 month time span for healing.  You mention your Dr says you have muscle spasms in you piraformas which is that area.  Dont ignore your pains - keep an eye on them as you go along.  

You seem to have had a cystocele repair and rectocele repair as well as you sacrocopoplexy and vaginal labia repair - so you have had a lot of procedures in total and I hope very much you feel 100% well when all your healing is done.  Make sure you rest rest rest and dont lift anything.  Lay down as much as possible with small walks to the toilet etc then slowly do more but with caution and no lifting.  Even when you are totally healed you will need to restrict your lifting and any heavy work.  Speak you to your Dr about womens Physio Therapy as well.  Straining is to be avoided so remember to eat your fiber and consider Miralax.

Good luck with your healing and do a search on this site for any individual questions and lots of info will come up.  Let us know how you are getting on and come back to us if you want to ask any more questions.