Pelvic Organ Prolapse (POP) Community
pelvic organ prolapse

WELCOME TO THE PELVIC ORGAN PROLAPSE (POP) COMMUNITY. This forum welcomes all discussions about female, pelvic organ prolapse.

pelvic organ prolapse

How can I tell if I have a prolapse pelvic organ. when I examined myself I found a ball like lump protruding out of my vagina I an very worried, what should i do
This is a sure flag of POP. There are other symptoms as well, take a look at this health page  for POP basics.

http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/Womens-Health/Taking-Pelvic-Organ-Prolapse-Out-of-the-Closet/show/1148?cid=994

POP is extremely common, 3 million women in the US have it-just doesn't get talked about. It is important that you see your physician for diagnosis-there are both non-surgical and surgical treatment options. If you need surgery, I recommend you seek guidance from a urogynecologist.

Sher
I have seen prolapsed uterus'. It looks like a pink softball protruding out of the vagina. It can be pushed back in but will "prolapse" with gravity. go see your doctor.
Tissues bulging from vagina can be related to uterus, bladder, or rectum. Your physician will be able to clarify which type is occurring (women often have more than 1 of the 5 types of POP at the same time).

Once you get a definitive diagnosis, send your questions for additional info.

Sher
I have been diagnosed with Pelvic Organ Prolapse.
I have Stage 1 uterus prolapse, stage 2 cystocele, and stage 2 rectocele.
Recently, the first part of march I had a doctor appointment with a Urogynecologist. She fitted me with a ring with support pessary.
She happened to have the size she thought I need there so I wore it home. I took it out the next day because I was having a lot of back pressure uncomfortable feeling.
Since them I've tried I at least 5 more ones and each time it's the same feeling and afterwards I'm sore from my pelvic area for 3 to 4 days. The pessary is a #5 3inch.
I have even tried another pessary that I ordered online #4 2 3/4 inch. I can still feel the back pressure not as much as the first one when wearing it but it still is definitely there. Afterwards, I'm still sore in the pelvic area.
I'm wondering if I should tell the doctor which I have an appointment on the 12th of April that maybe I need a smaller size. Maybe a #3 2 1/2 inch or even a #2 2 1/4 inch.
I like the easy insertion and I don't feel the bulge sensation at the vaginal entrance but its the back pressure and the pain afterwards that's bothering me. Do you have any suggestions?
I am using the incostress pessary at the moment and may get a T pessary but this one needs measuring before you buy it.  
The back pressure and pelvic pain is something you need to speak to your Urogyne about as there could be additional issues here.  I get back pain and also have an intussusception and anal prolapse as well as vaginal prolapses and do pelvic stability and kegel execises and stretches given to me by a womens PT.  They help with the back pain.
The fact that your pain is linked to you wearing your pessary should be a big clue to your Urogyne as to if there are further issues and maybe they can give you another pessary as well.
What kind of pessaries have you tried?  Take them along to your appt.  Are you alergic (allergic) to the materials they are made out of?  
Dont suffer in silence.  Pessaries are supposed to give you support and help you.  Tell your Urogyne and let us know how you get on.