Pelvic Organ Prolapse (POP) Community
pessary problem

WELCOME TO THE PELVIC ORGAN PROLAPSE (POP) COMMUNITY. This forum welcomes all discussions about female, pelvic organ prolapse.

pessary problem

Hello! This is my first post here.
I have uterine prolapse. A month ago I was fitted with donat-shaped  pessary (which should be folded like taco)   with two large openings in it. I have problem taking it out for sex and cleaning. I can feel the pessary with my finger, but can't locate the opening to hook and pull it out. My next appointment only in November. I'm hoping that you have some "removing" tips for me. . How long can I keep it in without cleaning?   Thank you and sorry for possible mistakes (English is my second  language).
Tags: pessary, prolapse pessary
Hi, welcome!  I can understand your comment completely!  I also had the same type of pessary.  I was told to remove it by locating one of the holes and slowly pull it down, it will bend on its own as it travels down your vagina.  KY jelly might help lubricate the process.  My doctors told me you can keep it in for three months, then it needs to be removed for cleaning.  I suggest you call you doctors office and tell them your concerns about your pessary.  You might get in to see a nurse or nurse practitioner before your November's doctor appt.  Hope the pessary works out well for you.
Hello, Summer! Thank you for a quick reply. My problem is that I can't locate the hole and take a hold of it. I wasn't quite sure, but you confirmed that it is probably safe to keep it in for 3 months. My appointment in November is with the nurse. I will try to call her..
Not being able to remove this thing by myself "bugs" me a lot. Thank you again
If you decide to continue to wear the pessary make sure you can insert and remove comfortably before you leave the doctors office. I was "bugged" by the whole removal/insertion process also!  You are not alone,I hope you can get in to see the nurse earlier.  Good luck.
Thank you