Pelvic Organ Prolapse (POP) Expert Forum
pig tissue
About This Forum:

WELCOME TO THE PELVIC ORGAN PROLAPSE (POP) FORUM. This forum welcomes questions about female, pelvic organ prolapse.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

pig tissue

I am recently told that I need to have my cervix removed in June because of pre-cancer. I had my uterus removed 2 yrs ago for a bleeding problem. My Dr. says that I will need to have my vaginal wall suspended after the removal of the cervix to keep it from falling since I do alot of heavy lifting at work. He is doing it via robotics and is going to use pig bladder and my own ligaments, mentioned something about stemcells. I am not able to find any research on this, can you please help me.
1344197_tn?1392822771
I too have not heard of porcine bladder or stem cells being used to treat pelvic organ prolapse.  One of the most common porcine products used however is called Surgisis from Cooks Medical.  This is made from porcine intestinal submucosa and does promote tissue growth.  This product may be what your doctor is referring to.  Thank you for your question. Dr. Mathews
Blank
This Forum's Experts
1344197_tn?1392822771
J. Kyle Mathews, MD, DVMBlank
Plano Urogynecology Associates
Plano, TX
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity