Pelvic Organ Prolapse (POP) Expert Forum
rectocele repair

WELCOME TO THE PELVIC ORGAN PROLAPSE (POP) FORUM. This forum welcomes questions about female, pelvic organ prolapse.

rectocele repair
hi - i had a posterior vaginal wall repair for my rectocele on 4th may 2013
before this my sex life was very bad as i really couldnt feel much at all more than about 2 inches in and neither could my husband - also i had to help my bowel movements out and could see the rectocele at my vaginal entrance

the repair has already sorted out my bowel movements but i am also hoping that this repair will improve my sex life and make things tighter so that we can both feel it - as it was a very unsatisfying experience for both of us before

does this repair usually improve this aspect?

thanks
Depending on type of repair done, the vaginal caliber may be smaller.  Often the muscles of the pelvis are pulled together, imbrication, and the entrance to the vagina is made smaller during a repair.   A surgery done specifically for vaginal tightening is called a vaginoplasty and usually is not covered by insurance.  J. Kyle Mathews, MD