Pelvic Organ Prolapse (POP) Community
right side pelvic pain

WELCOME TO THE PELVIC ORGAN PROLAPSE (POP) COMMUNITY. This forum welcomes all discussions about female, pelvic organ prolapse.

right side pelvic pain

I have been diagnosed with pelvic organ prolapse.  I went to the hosp for treatment and was told to do physical therapy and trigger point therapy... Trigger point therapy is where they push hard on your internal vaginal muscles to train them. Or relieve tensed muscles.  Ever since they did this to me I have been in chronic terrible debilitating pain.  I can barely walk.  No one want to give me a hysterectomy but I am stage 2 almost 2.5 prolapse!  They created my horrible pain with their modality of treatment... I don't know what to do anymore.  Now that I am in pain the Doc seem scared or like they don't want to help. I am almost crippled, I can barely go to the store or do laundry! I cant even take care of my dog or my kids.  This pain wasn't even here until I went in for treatment.  Why the heck wont they just do the hysterectomy?  This is crazy,, this pain is awful.. Anyone else having similar issue??? This has been going on for over 4 months. I feel disabled and in pain all the time.
First of all I would like to say how sorry i am that you are going through so much pain at this time.  This treatment is often painful to begin with and sometimes hard to bare at the time of having it done I have heard but the pain you talk about sounds like more than I would have expected.  Can you get a second opinion?

A hysterectomy on its own with no support for the top of your vagina can lead to further vaginal prolapses which may be at least part of the reason the Drs are not keen to go simply go ahead with a hysterectomy.  I would consider seeing another Urogynecologist as well as going back to the one you have seen and talking to the womens physios as well.

A hysterectomy is a big decision and is not always the answer.  There may be further options for you to look at.  I feel you need more answers as to what is going on for you with regards to your pain, and options for further treatment.  

I hope you get some answers.  Let us know how you get on.
I have a hysterectomy scheduled first week of Nov.  I am still in pain, and it does affect my daily living.  It is not as bad, but I am still unable to work. Some days are worse than others.  I will ask my doc how he plans on keeping my vagina suspended.  I thought they hooked it up to a tendon or some cartilage or something.
Good to hear you are getting the hysterectomy you wanted.  Is your Dr a Urogynecologist?  It is a good idea to ask if and how the top of your vagina will be held up.  Not all Drs do this and if they are not going to do this I would ask about the possibility of further Prolapses eg, cystocele, rectocele and vaginal vault prolapse happening without a suspension of your vaginal cuff after hysterectomy.
Also, the fact that you are still in so much pain after your other trigger point therapy still seems still to my a mystery.  Have you asked this Dr what is causing this pain?  You still have time to get in to see this Dr before your op to ask the questions.  
Good luck with your operation.

Let us know how you get on.
about 2 weeks post hysterectomy... Still have R sided hip, buttock, thigh pain.  Very discouraging.  THe doc attached my vaginal cuff to the uterine sacral ligaments.  my cystocele is not as bad, I cant see it bulging anymore, but the pain is unfortunately still there.
I can understand your concerns, however 2 weeks is very early in your healing.  You could consider going back to your surgeon early to discuss your symptoms as they are now though.  It is good you have had your vaginal cuff suspended.
Is your Dr a Urogyne and how long did they tell you is would be before you are fully healed?
It can take up to 12 weeks to heal fully normally.  Try and keep positive and dont lift anything.  Rest is very important for you right now.  Do you have any womens physio planned?  

It is good you cant see the bulge from your cystocele.  Is your pain in any one particular area.. like on the bladder side vaginally or in more than one area vaginally?  In this area I wonder if you have pudendal nerve pain.  Speak to your Dr about this and also a womens physio.  They may be able to help you with your hip and thigh etc pain as well when you are healed.  Pelvic stability classes are also helpful to learn to stretch and strengthen your pelvic area and have helped me to reduce pain in these areas.