Pelvic Organ Prolapse (POP) Community
surgery did not work

WELCOME TO THE PELVIC ORGAN PROLAPSE (POP) COMMUNITY. This forum welcomes all discussions about female, pelvic organ prolapse.

surgery did not work

Hello
I was diagnosed with a moderate rectocele back in 2007. I went to Cleveland clinic and had surgery, only for it to return. I have been wearing a size 5,  ring pessary with support, (i insert and take it out myelf) at the back of vagina, which seems to help, but now i noticed a bulge on the left side of my vagina recently, even with pessary in. I previously felt a bulge on right, and doc said he did not feel it. Can these move?? I currently have no insurance and do not know what to do, i hate this constant bulge feeling. My bowel movements are ok most of the time.
I am 54 and have done heavy lifting and had 6 children vaginally and am predisposed to hernias from my mother.
Any help or information would be appreciated.
Tags: rectocele
Hi there.  Sorry to hear you are having more problems and a new bulge.  New bulges from a different area can be due to a new prolapse occurring.  Since you say the bulge is from the side it is difficult to hazard a guess as to which type of prolapse this may be and an examination is your best way forwards to clarify what is going on.  There are 5 different types of prolapse.
I see your Dr didnt detect a bulge you had on the right.  Was this a GP or Urogyne?  Unfortunately unless your prolapse is presenting at the time of examination it can be more difficult for your Urogynecologist to identify it but normally they can.  
I would recommend you get an appt with a Urogyne and if your bulge is visible externally you may wish to take a picture of it if you feel this is necessary.

I realise you are concerned about the cost of the appt so make sure you have your questions ready and possible photo and any other info with you to make sure you get the most you can out of your appt.  You have done so well with your pessary so far that you may wish to ask also if there was a different type of pessary you could use to help with any additional prolapse issues.

I hope this helps.  Let us know how you get on.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such a horrible time with your
prolapse. I would like to reccommend a product that I found---Fembrace.
It is a V-Brace that acts as a brace with a pad and it feels as if someone is
pushing up the prolapse. It has been a miracle cure for me. They were online which is where I ordered mine. Good luck to you.