Pelvic Organ Prolapse (POP) Community
what kind of sports/exercise can I have

WELCOME TO THE PELVIC ORGAN PROLAPSE (POP) COMMUNITY. This forum welcomes all discussions about female, pelvic organ prolapse.

what kind of sports/exercise can I have

I am relatively a new mum, I am 33 years old. My son now is 12 months. I had dystocia on April 1st last year, that was obstetric forceps. I had vagina tears (not too severe, got revovery soon), and 2 months later after baby birth, I got to know bladder prolapse and rectocele (dr said it was stage I).  In the past year, I controled my die with eating wholegrains to avoid constipation and avoid defecation with efforts (I do need to control diet, else, it would be a little bit difficult).

Now, I have discormfort everyday, but I can tolerate it, it is better and better than before. I go to work for 5 days a week. I want to have a strong body, I want to do some sports or exercise, but I don't know what type of sports or exercise is OK for POP endurer . I rarely squat, jump, and run since baby birth.

Appreciate for your posts, its do help us, it helped relieve the worries.  
Tags: dystocia, rectocele
sherrie,

I found you strongly recommend Fruit fiber rather than grain? why ?
I have wholegrain every day, but not too much. I think yes, I'd better to change to the fruit fiber, but just don't know why.
sherrie,

I am afraid of  rectum cancer, with long time rectocele.
First up, rectocele does not cause rectal cancer so please don't be concerned with that. :)

As for fiber, some people find grain fibers harder to digest (me included) so I always recommend produce-lots of fruits and veges provide a natural fiber source, so many grain products have little nutritional value and lots of chemical preservatives-the less processed our foods are, the more our bodies like them. (I know it's hard to eat the good stuff rather than what tastes good to us-hard to find an apple that makes us as happy as a brownie, ha!)

Forceps delivery damage can truly cause POP problems at a young age. The good news is you are aware of it and can monitor the situation. The biggest concern I see is heavy lifting-with a baby going on toddler, you are exposed to heavy lifting multiple times daily. If you lift heavy things at work it is compounded. It would be a good idea to ask your dr about a pessary to wear to help contain the degree of severity of your prolapse(s). Would also be a good idea to wear a support garment to help control downward pressure to your abdominal cavity. Also try to remember to contract your pelvic floor PRIOR to picking your child up. Try to come down to your son's level (kneel on floor if necessary) to hold him rather than pick him up when possible.

No jumping exercises, running/jogging are out unless you wear a pessary. Try to strengthen your core with pilates/pfilates exercise programs, swimming is great too.

Sher

sherrie, Thanks a lot.
After several months dark days, I accepted it and tried mastering the discomfort.  I will take good care of myself.  I am ordering the silent epidemic. Thanks for you advice on the many posts :) best regard.

You bet, any light I can shine I'm happy to share!
Sher