Penis Cancer Community
Pain and symptoms

WELCOME TO THE PENIS CANCER COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Causes, Clinical Trials, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Penis Cancer, Prognosis and Treatment Options.

Pain and symptoms

For the past six months I have been having pain in my back, left side of penis, left inguinal area, and left leg that goes down to my foot. There is also a feeling of discomfort in my groin area. I have been to see doctor and urologist both who tell me they don't know why I am in pain. Had an ultrasound that showed a swollen lymph node in the left inguinal area. Had a follow up MRI that showed no sign of hernia or anything else. I was diagnosed with Hep C three years ago but these do not sound like symptoms of that. Please help.
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. With growths/ masses ruled out, possible causes of the inguinal area pain that may need to be considered include GU infections, inflammations, trauma, neuro-muscular causes, referred pain from other  regions etc; while the other symptoms may or may not be related to it and possibilities such as postural issues, neuro-muscular causes such as muscle sprain, nerve impingement, injuries to muscles/ ligaments, inflammations, spinal causes such as degeneration, micronutrient deficiencies, referred pain from other regions etc. would need to be considered. I would suggest getting this evaluated by an internist initially and depending on the cause diagnosed/ suspected, it can be managed accordingly or specialist care may be sought
Hope this is helpful.

Take care