Penis Cancer Community
Patchy Discoloration on Penis

WELCOME TO THE PENIS CANCER COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Causes, Clinical Trials, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Penis Cancer, Prognosis and Treatment Options.

Patchy Discoloration on Penis

8832091?1360486662
As early as when I was 12-13 I remember having four small red pimple-like bumps just below the underside of my head positioned either side of where the urethra would be (I am circumcised). A couple of years ago some dark discoloration began to form just above the bumps on the head of the penis. - As it didn't seem to change seemed I didn't really care about it at the time, however I went to a General Practitioner and he said it could possibly be a fungal infection and gave me some cream which I used and didn't work.

However lately (I am almost 19), I noticed that some faint, but noticeable discoloration began to form on the topside of the head of the penis - like the previous discoloration it appeared in random patches. It's hard to see but I'm afraid that it may have been slowly spreading over the last few weeks and may still be spreading. Recently this part of the penis has also being experiencing small red-dots (that don't seem to be raised) but which also greatly concern me. - I am not sexually active.

Due to my concern I sought out a dermatologist who inspected it. He said that the penis may naturally discolor and that the red bumps under the head could be embryonic remnants and.or just fibrous papules. He said he could do a biopsy but he wouldn't recommend it as it still seemed to be normal-ish. So I didn't do the biopsy and he prescribed me some extemporaneous cream to use to see if it helped.

However I'm still concerned as the discoloration may still be spreading, the red dots and pre-existing discoloration and papules also greatly concern me. This is causing me great anxiety as it seems so strange and partially matches symptoms of penile cancer while also seeming different to some of the other symptoms.

Please help as I don't really know what it could be. Should I have a biopsy anyway? Thanks.
Hi there!

Well, looking at the picture I would agree with your dermatologist that the mild discolouration should not be anything to worry about as it appears normal. The pimple like lesions are likely to be fordyce spots and should not be anything to worry about either. I would suggest continuing with the ointment suggested by the dermatologist and relaxing about it.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!