Slight pain in penis after having protected sex with sex worker.
Hi Doctor,

I am 30 yrs,Unmarried Male. 4 days before, I had protected sex with Sex worker. I had weared two condoms and there was gap at the tip of
the condom. And Penile-vaginal Sex lasted for only 5 mintues and i had inserted my penis only half not full as i was afraid and i ejaculated
semen inside  the condom and both the condoms were intact. Now i am feeling a slight pain in penis is that i am infected with HIV,
pain is very slightly not much but there is no discomfront while urinating.I am very concerned about getting an STD.

What could be causing and what are symptoms of STD/HIV.
Is that i need to test for HIV. If yes how long should i need to wait to get accurate results.

Please help me in this regard, as i have not got proper sleep for last 2 days.

Thank you so much for you time
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. With a protected intercourse the chances of HIV and STD is highly reduced, though it may not be 100%. Other possible causes of your symptoms include non-STD infections, trauma etc. Though the risk of STD/ HIV is low, it may still be worthwhile getting this evaluated by a primary care physician initially and depending on the cause diagnosed/ suspected, it can be managed accordingly or specialist care may be sought.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!