Penis Cancer Community
blood in semen
About This Community:

WELCOME TO THE PENIS CANCER COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Causes, Clinical Trials, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Penis Cancer, Prognosis and Treatment Options.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

blood in semen

Last night me and wife of 22 years had sex and i saw blood in my semen,is this something i should see dr. about?Thanks for help   Danny
1711789_tn?1361311607
Hey Danny!

Blood in semen is medically known as haematospermia. Haematospermia is most commonly caused by a prostatic venous bleed tough it could originate from the testicles, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles or urethra as well. Other and related causes include infections (bacterial, viral, fungal, parasitic)/ inflammations (50%), calculi, post inflammatory cysts, uncontrolled hypertension, diverticuli, strictures, trauma, growths, bleeding disorders malignancies (4-13%) etc. Multiple causes may be involved in a few cases. Though the condition is self limiting in most cases; if recurrent, a thorough investigation is often implicated to look for causes and more particularly to rule out the more serious causes. Hence if it recurs, it is advised to get this evaluated by a urologist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this information helps.

Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Penis Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949