People Allergic to Me (PATM) Community
CANDIDA AND SPREAD OF INFECTION

This patient support community is for discussions relating to PATM - People Allergic to Me.

CANDIDA AND SPREAD OF INFECTION

We know that candida can cause problems, however, many GPs write it off as nonsense. The article below clearly proves that is not the case.

The article below is from a research study and proves that any mild infection in the body is clearly exacerbated if candida is present.  It appears that the candida not only ‘feeds’ the infection taking it further through the body, but also prolongs it.  From other info I have read that candida causes inflammation and this helps the bacteria to survive – thus creating a biofilm(s).

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC347924

“Candida albicans has been shown to stimulate infection in mice by a number of bacteria. Mice inoculated intraperitoneally with as little as 500 colony-forming units of Staphylococcus aureus along with a nonlethal dose of colony-forming units of C. albicans  developed widespread staphylococcal infection.     S. aureus injected alone at that or considerably higher doses did not establish infection.    A minimum dose of C. albicans  and  colony-forming units was necessary for the amplification of virulence of S. aureus to take place.   Serratia marcescens and Streptococcus faecalis inoculated intraperitoneally at small nonlethal doses could also be recovered from blood and tissues 5 days after animals were dually injected with C. albicans but not from animals which were inoculated with the same amounts of these bacteria alone.”

The article below just confirms what we already know about the over-use of antibiotics, but I thought it was worth noting.  Also I might be reading it wrong, but I think it says that it is not only candida that is caused, but other types of infection such as serratia marcescens.  Could it be that the candida comes first and the rest follows, but this research group are not aware of this fact????

jama.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/summary/164/12/1328

“Accumulated evidence1 has demonstrated that the prolonged use of broad-spectrum antibiotics may so alter the normal flora of the body that antibioticsensitive organisms may be replaced by organisms usually considered nonpathogenic or weakly pathogenic, which may set up new infectious syndromes. This phenomenon has been seen frequently to involve the gastrointestinal tract (particularly the oral cavity) and the respiratory and the genitourinary systems in humans receiving penicillin, the sulfonamides, streptomycin, oxytetracycline, chlortetracycline, and chloramphenicol. Some of the organisms so isolated have been Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Candida albicans, Klebsiella pneumoniae, and Serratia marcescens.”