People Allergic to Me (PATM) Community
Everyone reacts the same when I am around

This patient support community is for discussions relating to PATM - People Allergic to Me.

I have some sort of sinus problem that makes everyone that is within arm's length of me react like a allergy.  They start rubbing their noses, some get watery eyes and others sneeze.  It makes me feel awful.  My symptoms are either a sore throat accompany or my sinus feel's raw when I breathe air.  And this is the second time I have gotten it, last year it lasted about 6 months before it was completely gone and now I am going on 7 weeks, but it feels worse this time.  I have had sinus surgery and I thought that would cure it but I still feel very sick and its been a month since surgery.  I don't have a runny nose or much mucus release.  I often have a headache.  But I just generally feel exhausted and just plain sick.  And I don't have a odor like other people describe.  I just know that my presence makes others react like they are overcome with a allergy.
Have you been taking antibiotics?   You may have a bacteria or biofilm in your nose or mouth,  or you may have a fungal infection.  Some people rinse their noses out with grapefruit seed extract,or salt water.

The fact that you feel ill could indicate that you have some sort of infection or inflammation in your system.

Bacteria and fungus can apparently give off a gas, so you would need to get this checked out.   Candida can definitely pull your system down.

see your gp  and might be worth reading up on bacterial and candida biofilms.
wow i was diagnosed with allergic rhinitis. My dr. told me that the inside of my nose was swollen. he gave me nasal spray but I never took it. I'm not sure if the spray will cure it or just relieve the symptoms and I am afraid to take it. I like to take care of things naturally. What should I do? Have you gone to an allergist? I have an appt. next week to see one. I hope he can find something. I went to a gastro dr. a couple of weeks ago. I will have another appt. at the end of the month. I hope all is well with you...I'll keep you posted