People Allergic to Me (PATM) Community
My experience with PATM (first time post)
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to PATM - People Allergic to Me.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

My experience with PATM (first time post)

I thought that I was the only person in this world living with this problem and I have been searching for years trying to
find out if others are affected by my same condition and I am sooo happy I finallly found
this forum where I can relate to so many others. I have benn struggling with PATM for about 5 years now. I can't exactly
remember when the onset occured or why. My original
theory as to why I have PATM is from psoriasis. My family has a history of psoriasis and have never been affected by psoriasis
until my sophomore year of college when I developed really dry scalp which caused severe dandruff then continually became
worse from the lifestyle I was living abusing adderall (adderrall) and not getting adequate amounts of nutrients and vitamin which eventually
lead to me developing PATM. Every where I go most people start coughing, clearing their throats, sneezing, get running nose,
get irritated eyes, etc. I printed out
a couple of threads from this forum and showed it to my doctor but he still doesn't believe me. He tells me "so, people are
allergic to you? I'm not allergic to you." I don't know what to do anymmore. It's so hard to live with this and ever since
it started I have withdrawn myself from family and friends but they don't know why. I have not told anyone close to me about
this condition and they still don't know I am the cause of their "allergies." I was perfectly fine up until my seconnd year
of college then it all started. It started with having dry scalp and severe dandruff then just progressed into PATM. I don't
know what onset it. My PATM gets worse when I am stressed, take adderall (adderrall), smoke marijuana, and perform physical activities.

All of these events happened around the time of the onset of my PATM: Here are some theories as to what may have caused my PATM:
1. I was diagnosed with ADHD and my doctor prescribed adderall (adderrall) which I abused for 3 years.
2. I started smoking cigarettes and marijuana
3. My scalp became extrememly dry and I had extremely bad dandruff which eventually lead to PATM

Some theories that can explain my onset of PATM:
1. Adderall (adderrall) abuse: I abused adderall (adderrall) for 3 years which made my psoriasis condition worsen and could have triggered a biological
   reaction and dormant genetic alteration to become active leading to PATM
2. The mold exposure for nearly 2 years could have cause some kind of toxins to enter my immune system
   causing an auto-immune disease which eventually triggered PATM
3. The abuse of adderall (adderrall) could have also caused my a circulatory system disorder leading to poor skin health causing PATM
4. Smoking cigarettes and marijuana triggered an onset of my psoriasis gene causing PATM but i highly doubt this theory because
   many people in my immediate family smoke regularly and don't have PATM

As of today, I believe that my scalp condition is what is causing people I come in contact with daily to "be allergic to me"
I go to the doctor regularly trying to cure this condition. My condition has improved once i stopped using adderall (adderrall) and smoking
marijuana but it still affects me. I am trying to improve my diet and get my daily recommended dose of vitamins and minerals.
My doctor prescribed me a scalp oil named derma-smoothe fs. I have been using it nightly for the past 3 weeks and but still
people are allergic to me. Though, some days when I go to work it seems that customers are a lot more tolerable and much
less are getting a really harsh cough from coming in contact with me. I will continue to use derma-smoothe for 6 months and
see how it improves my PATM. I am hopeful but will rigorously research this condition. I also want the medical field to recognize
this as a legitimate condition that many people suffer from.

I believe that the main cause of PATM mainly has implications of genetic factors that could be onset by various factors such
as life style (i.e. nutrition, substance abuse, environmental conditions) but at this moment I have not done much research
on PATM because I originally thought it was my psoriasis that was causing allergies in the people I come in contact with
daily.

But, For all we know maybe PATM is just a form of psoriasis that was onset by some kind of environmental or gentetic factor.
And for all of us that suffer from this horrible condition there has to be something out there..a study of some kind because
this is a legitimate condition affected many persons in this world and if there isn't they need to do do something. As far as
I know scientists still can't determine the exact cause of psorisis so until they figure that out i highly doubt they know
much about PATM. Hopefully, in the near future they see PATM as a true diagnosed condition.

Btw, sorry for my horrible writing skills. I can't process my thoughts from my head onto a piece of paper in an orderly fashions
so sorry if it's hard for all of you to follow my pattern of thought. I haven't dont much research on this which is why my
thoughts are all over the place but hopefully you can sort of follow my thinking. Since finding this forumm and realizing
how many people suffer from this I will research thoroughly into what PATM is or what it's caused by and will repost with a
more in depth and intellectual post. Thank you guys so much for sharing and once again I am so glad I came across this forum.
God bless you all
100%
 (2) 
causes
0%
 (0) 
symptoms
2 Members voted