People Allergic to Me (PATM) Community
Patm related to smelly scalp?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to PATM - People Allergic to Me.

Patm related to smelly scalp?

Hey guys glad I found you! Let me start by saying I suffer from smelly scalp syndrome and patm as well. I have had the smelly scalp syndrome for 6 - 7 years now and patm for 3 ,years. For some time I have wondered why I have this problem. It started with the smelly scalp. I would desperatly try to find a solution since their is also no official solution for that as well. One day I used sulfur soap as recommended by a smelly scalp website and after that, the PATM began. At first I thought people were sniffling because they could smell my scalp odor, but later realized I had started to make peoples nose runy. A runy nose soon turned into sneezing, sneezing to coughing, and now flu like symptoms! Yes flu like symptoms. Whats even more worse is that I some how get people that are far away sick as well! My gf would be in another town and I would talk on the phone with her and could hear her sniffling. People on my facebook page are also posting things like, "i have a cough that will not go away!" After seeing them a week before. This has really made me anti social with everyone including my loved ones. Heres the thing, I thought my patm was caused by my smelly scalp. The smelly scalp is caused by excess oils from my hair follicules and cloged pores pretty much rotting. Thus producing a pungent fart/yeast type smell. Their for I must shower daily kwith antibacterial solutions which still dont work. When I dont shower, I notice people around me cough even more. I feel like patm is caused by a fungus or infection somewhere in the body like my scalp infection. It makes perfect sense. With my scalp problem, microbial bacteria feeds of the excess oil and extracts the smell which could be causing the people to sneeze and cough. Sort of like pollen flying with the wind and tickling your nose which causes the sneeze reaction.  I noticed cheap shampoos caused people to sneeze more than good natural shampoos(in my case). It would make perfect sense that people might be allergic to oils in our scalps. Sort of like how some people have allergic reactions to cat/dog fur. I want to see if this works for you guys that dont have the smelly scalp syndrom (syndrome). If anyone is willing to try an antibacterial shampoo to see if that helps you guys, then maybe we can get somewhere with this. Im determined to get to the bottom of both problems so we wont have to suffer! But I(we) need eachothers help. I would greatly appreciate everyones opinion on this. Thanks guys.
Hi!
I have seborrheic dermatitis and I use two shampoos (alternating them). One with tar and one with climbazole and zinc pyrithione. Maybe you should try them?
Also, while I took Ganatone and Omeprazole (for treating my GERD and LPR), I returned to normal condition of the skin on my face. But when I stopped taking them, redness and peeling have appeared again. Problems with the gastrointestinal tract is known can be manifested as skin diseases. Do you have problems with it, for example, GERD?
I too suffer from smelly scalp and patm. I think you could be on to something with the sulfur shampoo. I'm thinking of trying a supplement for ph balance. Have you tried anything of the sort?
Hello ladies and gents!! This forum has shocked me! I began reading about two nights ago when I was on my phone, I suddenly had the the whim to google people are allergic to me...(?) I am still stunnes by how many people have poseted and are sharing that they to suffer from this ****** up disease! I can almost remember the first day I started to catch on to there bieng a conection between me and people in my 10th grade class coughing around me. It was during a test, the californoa exit exam. I had smoked some herb that morning and was nervous taking the test...so I was breathing a bit harder and faster than normal. About 70 percent of my class mates were sniffling and clearing their throats, rubbing their eyes and coughing! And I don't mean tiny coughs! I mean those HUGE! Coughes that carry accross the room. I first thought it was me but over time I started to notice it more and more!. I've read that people have had mental breakdowns because of this overwheling feeling that they were hurting loved ones around them and not bieng able to take it LOL. I an honeslt say that it was ruining my 12 grade year but what I noticed was that it was mind over matter. I'm a smoker! Canabis since I was 9 years old and of cigaretts since 18. Just wondering does anyone else with patm has that in common? I defintly feel relived to know that there are other people out there that I'm able to share this with and understand. I've only told one perosn ever about this and its ture! They call you crazy!!! WTF...my doctor looked at me and said maybe its all iny your head. I thought about that for weeks on end!
i would stop smoking weed since it actually promotes candida growth in your lungs by inhibiting the mucus in your lungs that fight bacterial infections.
now that u mention it Yes. I have had P.A.T.M symtomes for about 2 and a half years now. People sniffing around me, and I thought the sniffing was bad enough. I attributed the sniffing to some type of intestinal problem. But about a little over 3 months ago i smoked spice a few times about 5 times and a little after that I started to notice people coughing around me a lot. So that is one connection that may or may not have anything to do with it.