People Are Allergic To Me (PATM)
People are allergic to me. And a lot of other people around the world are suffering from this condition. Doctors do not beleive the reports, and most of them claim that we are crazy but we all know that we're far from being crazy. This condition causes so much heartache and stress. I have sent emails to CDC, NIH and WHO with no help. Would you please address this issue?
Hi Sublime,

I think you're somehat on the right track. I'd try to incorporate a Doctor to your experiments. This is something you have to see it to believe it.

It's wishful thinking that we are more likely to find a cure on our own. I've had this for almost 6 years now. Cursed has had it for more than 20 years. We are not getting any younger and time flies.....

Try to get a Doc that practices "Cognitive Behavior Therapy" participate in your testing. Set up tests with him/her and let the doctor see for him/herself if patm is for real or not.

Good Luck

did anyone have cats ?
did anyone have or ever had a sofa/chair that was owned by someone who had cats?
did anyone sleep on their sofas quite often?

just wondering....
Here's another idea: Exposure Therapy.

Hear me out- Exposure Therapy is a Treatment for people with phobias. As the name says, the therapist will expose you to situations that cause you apprehension.

All you have to do is "pretend" this is a phobia. Have the therapist set up exposures/test and have the therapist see for himself that PATM is for real.

What do you think of this idea?
I agree with this statement from Sublime:

"BUT NOW WHAT?  It's been proven, we do cause people to go allergicAllergic conjunctivitis
Allergic reactions
Allergic reactions to medication
Allergic rhinitis.  But what now?  We need to find a cure ourselves or convince a doctor to help us.  The former is more likely.  I've tried doctors and they think we're crazy.  Maybe we can approach them as a group somehow.  Even if we just write letters for each other.  

This is bigger than all of us.  It's bigger than anything we eat, drink or wear.  It's gonna take all of us."

ANY IDEAS ON HOW TO APPROACH DOCTORS AS A GROUP or HOW TO GET DOCTORS INVOLVED????????? I OFFERED TWO IDEAS IN PREVIOUS ENTRIES... WHAT DO YOU THINK????  
We need to compile a spreadsheet with our basic info.  Some of us may be in the same state or city, we need to start networking with each other.  I am in AZ.  Is anyone else?  Maybe we can find a website like this one, but one that actually has real doctors that will actually respond to our problem.  Maybe we can start filming reactions with our cell phones or video cameras.  I'm even willing to travel to another state to meet with someone.  Let's take action and do something.  Talking is not getting us where we need to be.
I don't think filming will work- It's like going around filming everyone that coughs and sniffles. We need to get docotrs present and see that when the subject is near us, they get allergies and when they get away from us the allergies are better. A film with people sniffling and coughing won't work. sniffedman already tried this.

I'm in Canada.
I was thinking more like hiding a camera in my cubicle at work.  It would show that people are nonallergic before I come in.  As I walk past each cubicle the camera would catch the reactions.  It would then catch the reactions of everyone except me suffering allergies.  And when I go to lunch, everyone still in the office would have no reactions.  I agree with you 100%, we've got to get a doctor out observing us in public.  I just think we'll need more than us just telling them we cause allergies.  The more evidence we have, the more likely a doctor will agree to observe.  Films/photos would be just one small part of our presentation.  
Hi Sublime,

Check previous entries from sniffedman- He exactly did that and docotrs asked him, so what? people sniffle & cough, so what?.

I think this has to be done live- they need to be present. It's not us telling them, but we need them to become witnesses. What do you think?
I actually thought about the same thing- leaving a tape recorder on my desk. On the other hand, I get the impression that what we release may stay airborne for a while....
We know it’s not in our heads. We know we are not crazy.

I don’t think we were born with this disorder, but I think it’s definitely something we got exposure to. Like someone said, there is something kind of protein under our skin causing PATM.

I just read this article:
http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn10184-dust-mite-droppings-damage-skins-defences.html

Could it be the dust mite droppings that are under our skin?  The mites themselves shed gut enzymes – proteins called Der f1 and Der p1 – in their faeces. I remember when I was younger. a lot of bugs used to bite me because they loved my skin or blood. Sometimes I get red rashes on my body and sometimes itch.

I’m going to an allergist soon and going to bring all my facts (say that some people have it around the world and are also trying to cure themselves) This forum is one of my proof. I will need to present PATM to them somehow…
Yep, I think recording the sound is a great idea. MP3 recorder's are cheap and can store hours and with a decent mic it should pick up the sniffles, coughs and sneezes.

The only thing is that if you are recording in the spot that you always sit - the area around your desk will probably have that same allergic-ness in the air (although it will diminish being away from the desk). so that might be an issue.
BTW has any one been on Nilstat/Nystacyn? When I went on it the first time it was around the time my patm started.
Also why do we never get any response at all from the so called doctors at medhelp - they certainly are not helping us in this case!!!!

Even though it's a very difficult subject maybe the doctors could make suggestions, refer to us to their colleagues, etc. Please docs give us some sort of response please!!!!
Recording the sounds is a great idea.  

I was at the doctor yesterday going over lab results.  They took labs since I hadn't been to the doctor in a few years.  Everything was o.k.  I asked about the PATM and the doctor said.

Doctor:  How do you feel in general?

Me:  Good, however, I notice that I cause allergic reactions in everyone.  I know it sounds crazy, but I really do.

Doctor:  Yeah, that is crazy.  You wouldn't be causing reactions in others, it's probably something else that's making them react.

They need to witness it in person.  Otherwise they think we're crazy.  This is about the 3rd time they've told me I'm crazy.
The Only Doc that will look into this is one that practices either Exposure Therapy or Cognitive Beheavior Therapy.

However, you have to "pretend" that you have a phobia and set up tests that will "theroetically" prove you wrong to get over the "supposed" phobia. Take the Doc to places where you know people that will react to you, so that he/she can see.

When the tests start revealing and confirming PATM, then the Doc will see with his/her own eyes- Then doc may be able to get someone specilized in allergies to take this seriously and look into it.
I eliminated that PATM is not coming from neck or ears or breath from tests...

It's either face or hair/scalp (or at least in my case).

I still dont understand why I keep attacting so much dust in my hair even when I wash it like 2-3 times at once in the shower. This is when my PATM is worse because I rub my scalp a lot (I do feel it's related and causing PATM in some way).

It could be that my hair follicles have a lot of grease (produces even more after washing hair) and that oil attracts dust. I also have bumps on my scalp.

Sorry for the stupid question, but I want to get a poll. Does anyone have bumps on their scalp?

I'm going to the doc soon. It's hard to get an appt these days...

Interesting article...

http://www.koreamed.org/SearchBasic.php?DT=1&RID=54372

There is such thing as house dust mite allergen concentrations in human scalp dander.
"Cats cause more severe allergic reactions than other pets. The major cat allergen is an extremely potent one called Fel d 1."

Der f1 from Dermatophagoides farinae is found in human scalp dander and Der p1 from D. pteronyssinus). These are forms of house dust mites.
I was thinking…maybe we should talk to a veterinarian?
This discussion was closed by the MedHelp Community Moderation team. If you have any questions please contact us
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.