People Are Allergic To Me (PATM)
People are allergic to me. And a lot of other people around the world are suffering from this condition. Doctors do not beleive the reports, and most of them claim that we are crazy but we all know that we're far from being crazy. This condition causes so much heartache and stress. I have sent emails to CDC, NIH and WHO with no help. Would you please address this issue?
has anyone tried the gas chromatograph test? to check the gasses in your lungs from your bowels.
I have some profound news I would like to share, however I would first like to ask everyone a few questions for further support.

First and foremost, when the reactions seem to be bad, I need you to try something. Take any finger and put it directly under your nostrils and breath in deeply. See if you detect a moldy type smell and may also experience the feeling of wanting to cough. You will need to test this various times throughout the day  to be sure as it should come and go. This may not be revelant to you specifically as this seems to affect us either through our breath, scalp, or perhaps both. This makes sense but I'll explain later.

Secondly, do conditions worsen when you are tired or hungry? Essentially when your body is low on energy.

Lastly, do you also notice a worsening of conditions after drinking alcohol, or did this symptoms seem to show up more after drinking regularly and taking antibiotics?

Thanks.
Sorry 'bout the typos, I'm pretty tired.
Hi! I'm still here...I had my gastroscopy Nov last year,results were normal except for the GERD...One thing I notice,my PATM is worst when I'm about to have my menstrual period and when my GERD is worst ( bitter taste, gurgling stomach )..to the ladies here, do you experience the same thing during your period?kelmik,thanks...
I have a feeling now that things are attracting to us. Dust attracts us, flies attracts us and I think that dust mites are attracting us but not necesssily that they are live

1. I will test out the nose test and give my results soon.
2. PATM can be worse when I don’t eat, but sometimes when I don’t eat, PATM is not too bad. I don’t think eating is related to PATM. I usually skip breakfast, but there are so many people that do in this world too .

3. I don’t drink alcohol everyday…and not often these days. PATM was the same when I occasionally drank. I don’t think drinking is related as well (at least in my case).

Yes, I am a girl. PATM is actually better when I am close or get my menstrual period. I’m not 100% sure but PATM is not always better during that time.

It’s just hard to tell when PATM occurs and when not because you are doing the same things everyday…the only time when PATM is less is when I cover my face with my hair..I’m thinking it covers my scalp where the “smell” or fungas is living and it doesn’t attract dust, dust mites, or flies…
Sorry for the typos, in a bit of a hurry...

Dust attracts us, flies attract us and I think that dust mites are attracting us but not necesssily that they are living on us. **
EVERYONE! GO TRY THE MOLD TEST KIT FROM PROLAB. INSTEAD OF TESTING MY HOME FOR MOLD WITH IT, I TOOK A DEEP BREATH AND SPIT OUT SOME MUCUS FROM MY CHEST INTO THE PETRI DISH AND LET IT GROW FOR A FEW DAYS AND SENT IT BACK TO THE LAB, AND THE TECHNICIAN TOLD ME TO MAKE AN APPT. WITH A DOCTOR, BECAUSE I TESTED POSITIVE FOR ASPERGILLUS. IT MAKES SENSE FOR PEOPLE TO BE ALLERGIC TO U IF U HAVE MOLD IN YOUR LUNGS, HUH?
If we all had ASPERGILLUS, then wouldn't we be sick...that doesn't make sense to me.. :(

It says on Wiki, "Aspergillosis is the group of diseases caused by Aspergillus. The symptoms include fever, cough, chest pain or breathlessness, which also occur in many other illnesses so diagnosis can be difficult. Usually, only patients with already weakened immune systems or who suffer other lung conditions are susceptible."

BUT sometimes I do have trouble breathing if I run...I think it's normal though or maybe not..

I forgot to note that PATM is better that day when I cut my hair or do my eyebrows (from outside)...I think something (mites, toxins, fungus) is living in our hair folliciles. I read somewhere that "toxins are deposited into the hair follicle and trapped permanently or until you cut your hair".

I feel that either we are attracting dust mites or something bad is living inside us...

Does everyone else have to change the air filter in their house every month? Every house i live in gets extremely dusty!
This is something we all (or most of us) have in common. We are attracting DUST!!! possibly dust mites since they are naked to the eye. That's my current theory.

How many of you (especially) if you are a girl, see dust in your hair?...if you have blonde or light hair, you probably won't see it. I have black hair so I can see it. I wash my hair clean, but then after a while, dust will appear...

I've been try to figure out why dust is attracting to me...remember in the dust, dust mites live in them that could cause PATM.

The whole distance thing with PATM (why PATM can be caused with longer distance or through another window or car) is hard to figure out, but what i think is that we have something in ourselve that is attracting dust or dust mites...like the static or "smell" or fungus is what they are attracting.
The nose test doesn't show me anything...no moldy smell and I don't get PATM reactions.

I'm going to try this....hold on to my breath for the longest I can (see how PATM reacts)...

I don't think the air we breath out is related to PATM, but again I could be wrong...

You guys can try this as well...
have u researched into morgellons disease.
do u also get little static charges alot?
i get small static sometimes, but not a lot...i think it's normal?
I will look into morgellons disease.  

1. when do you get static?
2. what are some things that attract dust? maybe we have a lot of static inside our body and somehow need to de-static our bodies?
3. do you have black hair?
i just read about it...i dont think we have morgellons disease. i dont feel like bugs are on me..PATM on myself is once in a while...sometimes some parts of the day...

do you experience PATM reactions on yourself sometimes?

go to this site and look at the last symptom, i believe the dust is coming from mites from us. check it out....                                                                                                                                                                 http://www.usfreeads.com/538138-cls.html                                                                                                                                                          morgellons has been proven by the cdc this year and scientists are trying to discover exactly what it is. ill give u a audio clip site to check out from the center for disease control if interested.
I do still believe it is fungus affecting us in different ways. Seems like for some it's the hair, for others it's breath.

"Breath" could mean expulsion of toxins from lungs, or expulsion of toxins in mucus.

Within the past few weeks, I've been experiencing something that is actually measurable! I've been reacting to myself. These reactions to myself have given me great insight. For example, I can now conclude that this in not connected in any way to my own biological self, meaning it's not human dander. I think this is good news for all as I have no idea how we would fix this. You simply cannot be allergic to your own DNA.

I noticed that when I would take high doses of probiotics, after having taken for about a month and a half, there would be many occasions where my nose would itch when talking or eating. This happened time and time again. You could say that it's just coincidence, but let me go on...at first I was confused, but now I'm becoming more familiar with how it works.

During what I term this period of "excessive die-off", my nose was constantly tingling and had a slight burn every time I EXHALED. This really started to bother me at first. It sucks reacting to yourself because you can't get away from yourself and I was worried it would stay like that, (naturally I assume worst case scenario). Anyway, I decided to lay off the probiotics for a bit and it went away.

So I go back on the probiotics to test again, sure enough, after a few days and lots of probiotics, I react in some way or another. What's most interesting is that it's several different reactions. Nose burning/tingling, itching, or post nasal drip. Sometimes my nose would even run too.

I consider the pnd (by this I mean a notable increase in pnd, if you already have it occurring most of the time) the most tolerable of the reactions and I actually encourage it. If you have researched at all about the die-off of yeast, you'll note that during die-off the body will produce excess mucus to expel the toxins. Yeast also lives primarily in mucus for anyone who doesn't know, which is why it can be found in the lungs, nose, and intestines...and other areas.

Because of this, I now know for certain that my breath is at least one source of the reactions (I was actually quite certain of this before). I actually gained a lot of information from that. I hope it helps everyone else out too.

One thing though...this is really hard to get rid of, but I've never noticed more consistent results the entire time I've spent dealing with this. There is much I need to learn to better understand this bizarre "condition", and maybe I'm totally wrong, but hey...I'm just working with what I got.

The thing about Aspergillus is really interesting. How do you test for that?

Btw, doesn't anyone else think it would be smarter if, for example, I went to a doctor and said "I've been detecting this moldy smell in my nose and sometimes, when I cover my nose and breath in, I'll cough. I've also seem to notice others reacting to this also." or something along those lines rather than the phrase "people are allergic to me". I've also considered it somewhat alienating. They aren't allergic to us, they're also to something living in us.

p.s. I'm female, and I also feel like it actually gets better around my period, or simply doesn't change at all. This a time where there is less ovulation....hmm....
Oh yeah, if I also take a lot of probiotics and will itch a little. This one of the most common die-off symptoms. Note the toxins try to get out of your body any they can. It is commonly known that yeast byproducts can be released through various areas of the body, including the scalp.

I think it would be best for all of us to drink plenty of water, take vitamins, and get plenty of sleep. Obviously not a cure, but it helps your body handle toxic overload.

Just go to WebMD, register, and search for PATM under Allergies Support Group
This discussion was closed by the MedHelp Community Moderation team. If you have any questions please contact us
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.