People Are Allergic To Me (PATM)
People are allergic to me. And a lot of other people around the world are suffering from this condition. Doctors do not beleive the reports, and most of them claim that we are crazy but we all know that we're far from being crazy. This condition causes so much heartache and stress. I have sent emails to CDC, NIH and WHO with no help. Would you please address this issue?
What i also want to know is Does it stick on our clothes?
It doesn't matter if i change clothes, still PATM, thats for sure but maybe we can do more when we know if its something that also gets on our clothes.
maybe we need to drop one of our clothes on purpose somewhere haha joke.
If you bend down and let your head fall to your right side (if you're washing your left nostril) the water should come out of the right side (it's normal for some water goes down from your left nostril though).

It should come out easily, unless you have deviated septum. My right side it's more deviated so the water doesn't come out that easily :(

---

I usually take long time bathing too but I don't know about the clothes. I don't know if using entire new piece of clothes would work.
Hi. I've been having PATM for a few weeks. I think it was because of the chinese medicine I took for my "candida" problem I developed after 2 rounds of antibiotics. I was on antibiotics a year and a half ago and it totally f*cked up my GI system. I have excessive gas and I notice that the allergic reaction would be greater in people if I'm full of gas and when sitting down.. not sure if I'm leaking so allergens or are the allergens being removed from my body via my pores because I'm not able to get rid of it with the gas. I'm pretty sure it's not due to the smell of the gas because I've had problems with leaky gas before but no one acted as if they were suffocating around me like they do now. but it seems that only some people are affected by the "smell".I notice that it gets worse when I exhale or talk and reduces at night and some time after a BM. I think that I might be releasing spores?? because that is how fungus/bacteria reproduces. I actually has been getting a little better in the past few days. I'm not sure if it's because I'm more relaxed about the issue or something else. fiber is also definitely helping things move along as well as cleaning my insides out.

As someone posted, I also have a mouth full of amalgam fillings so it could be mercury poisoning also. I've had them in for 20 years so why would all these symptoms come up all of a sudden?

Has anyone noticed any white particles floating around in their pee?something that looks like white discharge and other smaller particles that just look like dust? Possible to be eliminating the toxins/ spores via urine?
Does anyone also feel hot all over their body sometimes..and your heart beats faster for no reason? I feel like this PATM thing is not just due to 1 cause. It could be multiple things that are going wrong in the body.

I also wonder if this phase of having allergenic "smell" is part of the healing or worsening process of candida or whatever's in my system. The chinese medicine practitioner said I had liver qi stagnance..which is basically your liver being overwhelmed with toxins that it can't function properly. so it could be what the practitioner said--that my body is getting rid of the toxins. anyways, I plan to go back for another round of herbs and see if it helps.

Some of you mentioned sauna as an effective way of getting rid of the allergens. Do you know if jogging has the same effect? I don't have access to a sauna.

Anyways, whatever this thing is it's evil but nonetheless impressive. I can makehalf of a lecture hall filled with 500 people cough. It was like I was in a symphony in class today. horrible, I know, but it's like I'm a walking biochem weapon.
God Bless you, hang in there - do not give up !!!!!  

I go to the sauna almost everday - it releases the toxins out of our bodies

unfortunately jogging will not do that

please consider changing your food choices - if u want to get to the root of the patm issue :

plant based food choices, fruit, veggies, Natrene's healthy trinity probiotics, black seed oil, chlorella, vitamin supplements

no dairy, no meat ( i do eat shrimp everyday), no sugar ( i use Stevia instead) , no gluten and of course NO JUNK FOOD

THE POWER TO BECOME PATM FREE IS IN YOUR HANDS ( and what u put in your mouth )
@aj129 I also have gas in stomach, but it is only when i don't sleep enough, even if i sleep good for one month the next day sleeping not enough causes the following directly:
gas in stomach, rumbling sounds and like bubbles are breaking or a bubble of gas floating from one to another area, feeling uncomfortable in stomach which makes it harder to concentrate or do something because feeling uncomfortable, and changes like diarrhea related things might happen.
--
How can i know if its in my head?
I sometimes which its just in my head lol, but that won't change anything if i can't do much about it. If it's in my head then i'ts so good constructed and combined with the real word and only effect PATM nothing more...
--
Anyone can tell me something about the odor with Jock itch (Tinea cruris), in case i have this, but burning instead of itching, and only when sitting. (scrotum contact with inner thighs)
--
I do get the feeling that my feet having a light burning feeling when in shoes or without shoes but standing.
--
My liver blood results showed all good, including blood-sugar and enzymes (except: high bilirubin). I don't know which enzymes are counted by this blood-test but if it is all, then i would not have TMAU or Diabetes or something liver related? i guess??
  also very important :

L-glutamine powder and chia seeds and/or ground flax seeds -  
"gas in stomach, rumbling sounds and like bubbles are breaking or a bubble of gas floating from one to another area, feeling uncomfortable in stomach which makes it harder to concentrate or do something because feeling uncomfortable, and changes like diarrhea related things might happen. "

Back in 2009 I had a LOT of this, everytime I got nervous or eat a specific brand of pasta. Sometimes I still get it but it's more rare and usually when I'm about to have my period. We have a lot of symptoms in common.
@grateful2011 thanks for the good wishes. I'm ok with sugar and carbs. It doesn't trigger patm as much as it gives me horridly smelly gas, which I have been dealing with after taking antibiotics.

do any of you "leak" odor after eating meat or whatever that triggers PATM? I find that people are allergic to me if I stay away from meat but are less allergic but smell an odor (fart or fecal smell) that I can't smell when I eat meat. exercises like running seem to make it worse for some reason.

do any of you also have IBS and/or fecal body odor? and just curious, what were your doctor's reaction to PATM?
reaction from doctor's: But first this:

The ting with my feet is... I got the burning and sweaty feeling in my feet at the SAME time PATM started! (maybe few days later or earlier, i did not notice PATM before, but after knowing i could link back things and explain it) People also looked at my feet (like the smell is coming from my feet). And this still happens everyday people look down at my feet or maybe legs!? But doctors don't smell anything...

Doctor A: This is when i thought it where my feet that caused patm reactions.
Doc did not smell anything on my feet (or body), said  I have  good nose but i can't smell it. When describing PATM reactions she thought it might be in my head... (the doc probably must have thought that i am focusing too much on details or so)

Doctor B: nothing... no PATM effects. Only "i don't smell it" Did not say anything back when telling about the PATM effects. Though i did get something for bad mouth smell (a mouthwash), i think the doc smelled my breath? didn't really give a reason for giving that.

Doctor C: (dermatologist) for burning feeling under front area of my feet when in contact with something like shoes or ground. Also did not smell...  The doc could see by looking at my feet, just Before i told her after she asked which part, it was mainly the part under my toes. And still she said it's nothing don't think about it (it will go away?). *constant smiling*  Doc said she had to disappoint because she was not going to do something since it according to her was not necessary, saying there's nothing she can/need to do. (meaning it's nothing, not a big deal) So just not thinking about it? well it's Not working...
I don't know what else other than lack of sleep triggers it. this is what i noticed so far to be true. I had this before PATM, but not everyday.
yeah we do have a lot in common. If we only could heal this PATM problem :)
how are your diets like since you guys say pretty much anything but fruits and vege cause patm. I love food and I'm having a hard time sticking to that diet.
@omega333 It's interesting that you have had fungal problems before. Did you take oral antifungal meds or use antifungal soap? I've been wondering whether or not those would help with PATM.

anyone ever get tested for Clostridium difficile and/or have diabetes, anemia, taken antibiotics, been to a hospital after taking antibiotics?

I informed of my doctor of a fecal odor problem (i thought it was) but neither of my doctors could smell it but I knew the nurses could from their reaction. Both ignored that I have an odor problem and told me to take fiber and diagnosed me with IBS. my blood tests came back normal except I had a low mean platelet volume which my docs ignore. However, the last time I gave blood, my iron level was borderline. I also suspect that I may be diabetic. I'm fed up with western medicine right now. my docs are so unempathetic. I bet most docs don't even care, they are just doing their jobs for the money.
i've heard from this forum that naturopath doctors really help them.. ive not tried yet though....maybe you can try to visit one as well they are more broad minded..I guess..as for diet...Im really also having hard time with it since people i am with like my siblings and friends..love eating... cant help but join them....its really hard todiscipline oneself.... see a naturopath doctor in your country ...
'WHAT DO YOU mean about :  you have patm before ...but not everyday.. are you saying thatYOU have days free of PATM .............so what really works for you.....
Many people have talked about healing and everything. I’ve tried almost all of them and it turned out to be false.
The only one I’ve tried so far that has work is going vegetarian. Other supplements will help ie. L-glutamine and so fourth. I’ve tried so many times and now 3 days in a row and I feel pretty comfortable because people hardly react. I can only imagine 4 days or even 2 weeks I’m sure it’s going to get better. Unfortunately I’m a glutton and I don’t want to change.
One thing that disappoints me is the understanding that once I quit my veggie diet I’d be back to square one,,, and that is not really healing is it? Healing would be when we are equivalent to everyone else, meaning we can eat a cow and drink a truck of milk and still wouldn’t change anything other than us booking the bathroom forever.
But anyhow the veggie diet is something to hold on to until someone finds out how to kill whatever demons is inside us. How I wish, whatever this thing is…little germs, fungi.. whatever.. were as big as I was so I can reach out and beat his face to a pulp.
Thank god for grateful2011’s methods which is giving us some relief. It is helping even though I’m tottering along. I’m no glutton really, I was just kidding before but I’m a carnivore from birth and that is exceedingly hard to change although I am trying.
I went to work today, after going on diet for 3 days and a half and sure it felt good, less reaction from people. If I can only go on for a week and experience that.
After weekends, I get very less PATM in office on Monday compare to other days.....very strange.....i am not able to link to it any thing...but yes lot of relaxation and fun on Sat & Sun may be related....
Also almost 6 days i eat vegetables and then non-veg on Sunday......but really it does not reduces my PATM....I dont take any Alcohol....
very strange and confusing.....
The same here, vegetables do not have effect on PATM at least not noticeable for me. I do love vegetables and fruits but it's not that easy to always get vegetables. and vegetables doesn't have to be so healthy anymore since pesticides are sprayed upon from airplanes, so it could also be poisonous. and how organic are the so called organic product and how easy to get and pay.

@gethealty21 it's nice too hear you have benefit of these.

@Girlaghast I wish haha, No i did not have PATM before. I said "before PATM" (switch the words ;) I was talking about gas in stomach problems, which could be gone for weeks.
Which fungal infection? I don't know of any fungal infections? at least nothing confirmed but only things i might think. I do not and did not use anti fungal meds or soaps.

I am not tested for Clostridium difficile and diabetes, but diabetes might be a cause of my feet and Clostridium difficile might be the reason why doctor's do't smell it (nurses should be included?) but i don't have diarrhea, unless i sleep less one day and then have gas in stomach problem which might sometimes lead to diarrhea.

Clostridium difficile is often caused by antibiotics so a lot of the people here might have this (except for diarrhea symptoms maybe)
thanx for the reply... well good thing clostridim difficile is anaerobic...got to increase oxygen in our blood..
just like to ask are you still continuing the oxyoc i cant remember your supplement name  that you youll be taking for additional oxygen in the blood..please update me how it has been for you...thankx
u are right - the doctors should NOT care about u MORE than u do !!!!  U have to care for yourself more than any doctor - and the way u do that is by doing the hard work, GOOD HEALTH is hard work each and every day - I have learned this in the painful, hurtful way.

U say u love food, as we all do - I used to east fast food and junk food every day - ONLY u can decide what is MORE important to u - the addiction to food or your good health - the choice is an individual one

peace and joy always
God is with u and everyone here !  Congratulations for taking one day at a time, and for your patm-free days at work - I know it is hard to change what we choose to eat, u can do it keep up the great healthy work !!! our bodies are crying out for help and support - detox, detox !!!   and thank you for your kind and generous words.

good health is NOT a destination, it is a journey each and every day of our life
how to cure patm if we dont know what is exactly ? the solution  is to find what's wrong with us...
I have read many books that speaks to candida, leaky gut, but no talk of patm,
Sometimes I feel that bother others. my nose itchy like others, and when I cough It is as if I swallowed a tons of dust! i think . air we breathe is polluted with fungi or other .and this thing cause patm.
   in my case I did not take antibiotics, but before patm I was not well. lost weight,excessive sweating,my pee smell very strong since a many years,, hair loss (eyebrows, eyelashes, ) eyes dry, burning the body, and trouble concentrating and memory, and all this continues today
Maybe we can know what it is if we know what helps, but the best and most precise way is off course to know the source, which i also like to know...
I'ts that doctors don't know what it is and we our selfs too, maybe it's something genetic which we can't just diagnose our self. I am still keeping the in head thing a little possibility.

The same in my case, no antibiotics. Things i also notice which many do not talk about with PATM is, the effected people hold their breath or some breath excessively. most just hold it, like many remove their reaction when you look. I think when they can't hold their breath anymore or after some exposure (depending on the person) they cough. these PATM reactions are exactly like the same as when a room is filled with an unpleasant odor.

Maybe we with PATM where docs don't smell anything, should meet with someone else with PATM in same country/region. And keep a distance when observing the reactions. So that the observer who is far away from people but still can see keep an eye on the people surrounding the other PATM suffer to at least know if it's in our head or not.

And we should just ask more, not in public... or in public. Though it is not easy to just ask someone.
hi aj, if you missed some earlier posts -- your case may be different, but for me, being careful not to consume foods and drinks with sulfite preservatives, wine, beer, apple cider, procesed meats and other foods, i think corn strach etc etc etc -- help with some PATM lessoning and certainly with fecal breath -- my metabolism must find it difficult to convert sulfite into sulfar, it builds up and i exhale (I believe) a part mix of hydrogen sulfite (rotten egg gas) -- it also irritates eyes throats noses etc and eventually knocks out others detection of the gas...go figure? B12,vit c zinc(use correct amount -- i suck on a tablet after lunch I think it neutralises bacteria??but google all this stuff) are good plus molybdenum which helps the enzyme sulfate oxydase convert sulfite to sulfar -- all the best
Yes i agree with you.....many research about candida, leaky gut,..etc...but no one talks about PATM.....i also do not believe entirely on candida, leaky gut theory.....but no option....PATM is a real mystery....we need to go by trial & error method...
Hi guys, I had a pretty patm free day today (1/2 a day)! I didn't do anything special yesterday but ate smaller meals. I ate a few pieces of pork but mostly ate rice with preserved fish in oil and some fruits and veges. although today I do feel especially clogged up internally and have pretty bad gas but no gas smell leaking out!

@manyearslater anything with corn in it gives me serious gas problems but i'm not sure about patm. hmmm~corn is in pretty much everything now, even in plants from fertilizers and runoffs. what if we had so allergic reaction to corn or something? do you guys cut out all corn products?

@missetere i've also had a problem with really strong odored urine but that seem to have disappeared recently. I also dealt with chronic insomnia, depression, fatigue. I rarely get small illnesses like flu and stuff. it's usually the big stuff that gets me.

I'm going to see a GI specialist today and hopefully I can convince the doc to test me for c. difficile.
I've suffered with this for a few years and what has really helped me was

1) Half and organic lemon with warm water first thing in the morning
2) a good probiotic half an hour later
3) low fat greek yogurt with ground flaxseed
4) wheatgrass an hour before you go to sleep

Take a good multi vitamin and mineral after breakfast and b-100 complex slow release after lunch.

I also suffered from itching I showered with tea tree oil shampoo and soap for 3 months.

It worked for me.

good luck to you all and hope that helps.
Look at my posts on this link.
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Undiagnosed-Symptoms/Invisible-Bugs-crawling-on-skin-Strange-sensation/show/1093529

I think we all suffer from the same thing its a fungal infection which comes out on your skin. The people that are effected by you are allergic to fungus and thats why the tea tree oil helps as it has an anti-fungal properties. A few people have tried my routine and have seen results. Worth a try?
So are you free of patm now?

I've been given some meds by my doc for gas so I will try those and see how things go. if i'm still having patm, i will try the routine. I don't understand why and how certain people, and so few have this thing if it's fungal. I mean wouldn't the spores be contagious? and where did we pick it up from??
so are you free patm reaction...
and how long did you treat yourself
I'd say i'm 95% there. The cure is taking care of yourself from the outside and inside. The TTO will get rid of the fungal infection on the skin while the yogurt, probiotics, lemons and b vitamins will detox the liver and kidneys and restore the balance of good and bad bacteria. Your immune system is key, take good care of it and it'll take care of you. More than 80% of your immune system is in you digestive system.
  oxy-oxc - finished my first 180 capsules , just this week  - time to get more

yes this will be a part of my before bedtime regimen - 6 capsules with plenty of water

so first thing in the morning -great bowel movement will result
so how do you apply the TTO oil do you rub it on your skin
the tea tree oil has some safety issues so which one shall we get
i think my patm came suddenly ,i dont think its genetic;After emotional shock I ate only cakes, sweet food, and lots of redbull a day for a year,i depressed I slept never really  I started to see a  reactions to me,the people first scratched their  hands  when  they talked to me, and  the legs as if they had fleas,I thought I had fleas on me(  maybe my cat ),it was not in my head;( i see a lot of people a day that i noticed they are really allergic to me )I cleaned my apartment with the product against fleas...I washed my clothes at 90 degrees...(even me I had an allergy because it seemed that I was bitten by mosquito or fleas ) but not my boyfriend who lives with me ,(strange )
  Later ... I noticed that people are scratching their hair, nose, ears during they  spoke to me ,cough and sneeze..I was not crazy it was not in my head....it was not an obsession by the reactions of others, because people at work were talking about me,they thought I had lice or fleas ,but it was not ..
doctor not believed me ,my boyfriend thinks im crazy ,i know patm is real ,I've done experiments myself, by changing car for 10 stop in the train,people react to me ,especially old people !Children have nothing with me,,,,
PATM is a mystery !we need to make every possible test, invent a lot of symptoms(but dont talk about patm ) for to make bealieve  that doctors are testing what you think it does not work with us,,,,
READY TO TRY ? we start with what test?;...we.can spend our lives searching the cause of patm    and never find the answer to this mystery We are not doctors, we take and try  a lot of food supplements ,(Imagine your body does not need ) it may worsen...
100% TTO is. But I used 50% TTO mixed with Olive oil and applied it in on my body once a week + showered with the shampoo and soap/shower gel every morning and night for a week then just once a day. Just make sure you are not allergic to TTO by putting a couple of drops on your arm and leave it for 20 mins.
"...especially old people !Children have nothing with me,,,, "
Exactly, this is also what i notice. Everyone else with PATM do not talk about children that are not effected.., someone else said it before but i guess that was you and me.

But this is another thing that could indicate that it is in our head... unless there is something that really only effects the older more. Like some gas children can not smell yet or so? This might not be the best thing to say to a doctor ;)

I don't have a clue at all, why these people get effected and children not. I also don't have anything to do with them, not afraid of them or something like that, which i guess some will think when trying to tell me it's in my head. (which of course still might be a possibility 0.1% lol since everything you think you see and hear can be in your head)

For me it started directly with the PATM reaction without scratching hands and that never happens or did happen. I noticed PATM when standing in a full train going home next to a sitting old lady, who showed a sour face directly when i came and all other odor reactions and also other around me but much less then the old lady and the other also looked at my shoes. After this i could also link this to something which happened before. During a camp/presentation of Windows 8 with the person next to me clearly turning away from me with his hand at his face, like it was so hard to stand it.
Ok this is what has worked for me:

Before you start this put a couple of drops on your arm and leave the tea tree oil for 20 mins and see if you have a reaction if you do DON'T try this.

Mix 100% TTO with olive oil and rub all over, head to toe and leave for 20 mins then shower off once a week for a month, Bath with TTO shampoo and shower gel and wash face with TTO face wash twice a day for a week then only once a day after that. Wash all bedding/towels and put 10 drops of 100% TTO in rinse cycle. Change towels every couple of days.
At night before bed is more important to wash with the TTO especially the face. DO NOT GET TTO IN YOUR EYES OR DRINK ANY.

Do the lemon, yoghurt, flaxseed, etc that I mentioned in my earlier post.

Good Luck.
Did anyone here have surgery for deviated septum?

I have issues breathing from the nose, also have PND. I can't even do the Neti pot trick, the water won't come out of the other nostril, on both sides. Does that mean i have a deviated septum?

So far, the only PATM cure i've heard of is surgery for deviated septum. It makes sense since anaerobic pockets in the throat/sinus can created havoc in the body, nasty bacteria and fungus can grow there and spread. We have to eliminate the culprit, addressing the symptoms with a diet and antifungals will not work long term.
he Ribeyes!

I was also diagnosed with deviated septum, and then the docter said because I am also allergic to dust to do Accapuncture..

This helped me, I can breath much better now true the nostril..

Something else I also wanted to share is that I asked the acupuncturist if she could do my belly.

The Accapuncturist put the needles just right and lift from my belly hole.. and put energy on it. This felt so good! After that I had so many energy, and normally I was kind off tired after I have had acupuncture.

So I was sitting today in my room, and was thinking about how the acapuncture with the energy gave me such a good feeling.

So I thought about doing this myself, and now I am massaging 4 cm right and left of my belly hole with an BATTERY. The crazy thing it is like my digested system begins working with the energy--> burping, farting..

Pleas try!

X
hi guys, i don't know if it's because of my diet change to only eating rice and no bread, noodles with meats and vege or if it's something else but I have been patm free for 2 days. I suggest you try this air purifier out. It seems to help me.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005E1CW9W/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

but it does emit ozone so use with caution
wow, but is it the air purifier or the diet that made you patm free.

I also have PATM. I think that one of the reasons is definitely stress. I am looking forward to getting rid of PATM
@ItchyLife

Did the doctor say you have deviated septum because of allergies? or allergies are caused by deviated septum? I want to know which one is the culprit.
I don't know which one is your culprit..

With me it was both, so treating 1 was enough for me. Allergies are not caused by deviated septum but your allergie can be worse because off the deviated septum. Deviated septum is the bone, allergie is the mucus.

X
I'm not sure. It could be both but the air purifier will remove allergens from your room and possible your clothes and skin so it might lower your stress levels and decrease patm. I definitely worry less about patm when it's on. i just worry about that ozone may have other effects.
After being 2 days patm free, I ate some panda express and started to smell like ****. so i guess it's related to diet. People weren't coughing or sneezing as much as trying to stay away from me. A lady even thought her baby needed a diaper change. do any of you emit a poopy smell also or is it just patm?

I was suffering from excessive gas when I saw first PATM reactions from other people about 10 years ago till now but my gas incontinence started about 4 years ago with treatment of my bipolar disorder. For example I'm walking with positive thinking now so I doesn't get reactions from anyone except peoples near me itch their skin (because of my fecal odor) and suddenly I remember that I has forgotten something at home (in stressful situation) at this time I can hear some people are coughing with a feeling of asphyxia even 20 meters far from me and I'm pretty sure that they can't smell that odor. in PATM situation I feel my heart beats inside my bowel when exhaling also I feel cramps in my colon that makes reactions from other peoples even worse. It is my dreadful life that you and all of the members in this website made my life much easier. I wish you the best. God bless you.
ME MY bugger smells like poop of baby...but i dont think it canot  be smelled by others...i have nver had these poop bugger smell since just about 2 weeks from now and my patm has been like for 5 years alrdy...and i started using probiotics , chlorophyl tables, and xanthione teas(for this tea just started today   just about 2-3 weeks ago.. i dont know why just know thus my bugger smells like poop ...i hope it wont get worse
put heat pad or get a bottle and put warm water inside a cloth in your stomach if you can...at home probabli to relax it  
I had the belief that PATM is an allergic reaction by others not to odors but just odorless airborne substances from us.
Yet I perceive so many complaining about odors. Is it possible those complaining about odors have some other problem like TMAU or something else altogether but not PATM, and perhaps a combination. There is also the possibility that there is no odor as we all started thinking that way before we realised that it’s an allergic reaction to an odorless matter.
Things are getting weirder.
I've seen a couple of posters mention that they usually either have patm triggers (other people itching, sneezing, coughing) OR they have the fbo symptoms (fecal, rotting, etc. body odor).  I've noticed this as well in my case.  This is strange, is this "nature's way" of warning other people that we have something contagious?  I ask because it seems that anybody I "get with" ends up getting sick (upper-respiratory/flu-like sick).  I have been to the infectious disease m.d. THREE times, and they can not find anything (surprise, surprise).  
poopy smell is patm !!!!  your body is crying for help from the inside it needs support and detox  by eating/juicing/smoothies fruits and veggies, Natrenes healthy trinity probiotics, L-glutamine, black seed oil and other supplements

greens ( veggies and chlorella for example) CLEAN THE INSIDE OF OUR BODY = NO patm or poopy smell
I thought that patm and fbo were 2 separate issues as many posters stated that people very only allergic to them and not smelling any specific odor.

In my case, I'm not sure if I have fbo or patm. It seems to both sometimes and 1 or the other at other times. Sometimes I do not notice any smell at all but my housemates start coughing like crazy. but at other times I do notice my room smells like **** but others have no reaction to it.

Our bodies may need some detoxing but I don't think we should just cut foods out of the diet for good. Why do we specifically need to detox when the rest of the world are eating junk food and oily food all the time with no problem? If you cut out all those food from your diet it might make matters worse when you go off the diet. Your body could lose the ability to digest those foods completely.

My theory for my fbo is that I have a weak internal sphincter because of straining, constipation and unconsciously not relaxing that part of my body. I get this sore feeling in my lower back and rectum  and wetness at my anus when people start looking around for the stinker. My stool are also very dry so I think my rectum is just exposed to the world because of the loose sphincter.

Girlaghast, hopefulman89, perhaps all 3 of us are in the same situation? try doing kegel exercises. They may help strengthen those muscles.
I suggest getting the air purifier I posted earlier (or another air purifier) to try to kill any allergen or bacteria you may be releasing.
Happens to me when I eat or drink sulfite preservative laced stuff -- i wonder if what you had had this type of preservative in it -- somehow releases a build up of hydrogen sulfite from inside???
U are right - we with PATM do NOT smell the odor - only people around us do !!!!  after many times of people  around us with sour faces, couging and sneezing - thank God we PATM sufferers finally get the message that it is us that is causing these painful embarrassing reactions from people.

God Bless you on your journey to stop PATM - I have learned and discovered that my food choices were the root of my PATM problem and I am thankful to have the opportunity to drastically change my eating habits BEFORE any major disease happened and I am thankful my PATM is now gone !!!!!

no dairy, no meat ( i do eat shrimp everyday), no sugar( i use Stevia instead), no gluten and of course no junk foods

I embrace and love my fruits and veggies, plant based food choices and my very important supplements to give my body support - Natrenes healthy trinity probiotics, l-glutamine powder, black seed oil, chia seeds/flax seeds, vitamins, water , sauna etc.
so you don't smell an odor at all? even at home or in the car? I sometimes smell a fecal smell when I'm in a small enclosed space and other times I don't just like sometimes I smell like poop but people don't cough and sneeze and stuff. They just look to see if I **** in my pants.

to all you who are having a rough day, this might cheer you guys up!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_5tpLjUcrE
I think that the Original so called PATM's important factor was/is that we can't smell it self not even doctors.

I agree with your post about detox and cutting food, i did not even eat bad foods not more than the average or atook antibiotics before PATM started. Even though it still might help to follow a plant diet, for me it did not. maybe it's protein or hydrogen sulfite. Or something genetic.

Still the stranges thing for me is that children under around the age of 18 do not smell it! and it is possible that older people react more to it. Just like missterre also mentioned.

I said smell, because how else can they now it's coming from us? or maybe they don't only when you go near them?
My PATM has flared up pretty bad the past two weeks. I've been on an experimental Morgellons treatment that uses horse dewormers to attack unidentified parasites. I feel much better but my PATM is much worse as the die off is happening.

Any explanations for this?

Also, most of the posters here sound to me like they suffer from Morgellons.

But a minority of Morgellons sufferers belong in this forum. Morgies get PATM when they first come down with M.

I got over 90% of PATM, but now its back as the dieoff happens, and I feel like invisible bugs are feasting on my skin at times.
how do you guys cope with all the reactions from people? like the dirty looks and looking to see if you **** yourself and the coughing and sneezing.

I hate how invisible our issue is. It's not even considered a disability. If we had a visible disability at least people would understand but to them we just look like a normal person who have hygiene problems.
Here is the full routine that I've tried and has worked for me.

Ok these are the things you need to buy:

1) Tea tree oil shampoo
2) Tea tree oil soap
3) 100% Tea tree oil essential oil. (has to be 100%)
4) Carrier oil (i used Olive oil)
I also bought dead sea salt and used 2 cups twice a week in my bath water.

I started by making sure i wasn't allergic to TTO (tea tree oil) by putting a small amount on my hand and waiting 10 mins to see if there is any reaction.
I then mixed 50% TTO and 50% Olive oil and rubbed it all over my body.I did that for one month but only ONCE a week. Left it on for20-25mins. Made sure not to get it in my eyes or swallow any.
After 25mins I washed it off with the TTO shampoo and soap.
I keep washing with the shampoo and soap in the morning and before bed for a week, then just in the morning, but made sure I washed my face with the soap every morning and night.
I threw away my pillow and washed all my bedding and towels in the machine. I put 10 drops of 100% TTO in the rinse cycle.
Changed Pillow cover every 2 days and linen twice a week. Do this routine for 3 months but you will see results in the first week.

Now you need to build up your immune system.
A simple and natural way you can start with.

1) Half an organic lemon with warm water first thing in the morning. (drink it through a straw so you don't damage teeth)
2) A good probiotic half an hour later. ( I use Yakult).
3) (Breakfast). I used greek yogurt low fat with ground flaxseed and berries.
4) Cut out sugar completely that includes sodas and fruit juices.
5) Cut down on carbs & dairy (Cheese, milk etc). I've changed to brown pasta and rice.
6) Drink lots of water (filtered)
7) Try and have a clove of garlic a day.
8) Instead of tea & coffee I now drink ginger root & herbal tea.
9) For BB you can drink wheatgrass. I buy the powder and mix with water before bed.
10) Multi vitamin and mineral + B-100 complex slow release (this is very important).

The lemon will alkaline your stomach and help your liver detox and clean your skin from inside out & you get a vitamin c boost first thing in the morning so you'll be able to fight the colds and flu better this winter.
The probiotics & yogurt will increase your good bacteria
The ground flaxseed will clean out your stomach.

If you do this within a week you'll have more energy your stress levels will drop your skin will feel great and its even cleared my acne. bonus.

Good luck guys there is a way out of this.
And please let us know how you go.
the die off is getting rid of all the junk, patm, toxins, poisons OUT of your body that is why symptoms gets worst - let it do the job of getting out of your body - TTOistheanswer, looks like a great regimen - keep up the great work - u can do this !!!!!
   like the song says ....     "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" that is how I have learned to cope and how it has helped to reveal that I had a problem that needed immediate attention - so I am thankful !!!!!
excellent detailed regimen - it is very close to my daily routine - great job !!!!!     thanks for  posting and continued patm free health to you !!!!
so if wefollow the regime fr 1 week will it be free patm days....
I believe that PATM may be caused by an intense shedding of the skin at all times. Thats why we get so many reactions. Now this i only a theory but i believe that ou skin sheds probably hundreds if not thousands of times more then normal human beings skin. Don't you guys notice that there is always floating dust around u as in too much sometimes. This is because our skin is shedding at an abnormal rate. This is also why alot of PATM sufferers have bad skin. I don't know if there is a connection to Morgellons or not but I believe my theory may be partially true.

Alot of people claim to ave a cure on here they don't its all just words there is no cure yet for whatever this is until we actually figure out what the problem is how can their be. Keep up the good fight guys no doubt this has already lead to some unexplained suicides.

I know its hard to hold on but hang in there and keep having hope in God and a better life.

God Bless
hey grateful2011. I try to fight and be faithful but it's hard when you're fighting alone. cancer patients at least get support from others but with this people may understand that I have a medical condition but it doesn't stop them from getting as far away from me as possible.

to those who notice that they give off a fecal odor, do you guys feel wetness and soreness around your rectum and get a warm sensation there when you smell? if so, it could be a weak internal sphincter. the warmness is most likely gas that would usually be kept in but instead leaks out.

I do not understand why you talk about morgellons. PATM is something else ...

U ARE NOT ALONE - U HAVE US !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  this forum has been a lifesaver for me -  u must work hard each day to improve your health, no one else can or will do it for u

hang in there and get busy
You will feel and see results within a week but you need to do this for 3 months.
Some people with PATM have bad breath and/or body odor. Other people with PATM  don't have any odor at all. PATM and odors are related but one is not the cause of the other. Why? Because the root cause of it all is probably an infection (fungal or bacterial) which can cause dozens of symptoms - PATM is just one of them, so are odor problems, PND, cold hand/feet, etc, etc.

There are probably millions of people with our infection but most of them were lucky enough to not get the PATM symptom. Symptoms vary from individual to individual for almost any disease. PATM is not accepted by modern science because it's a rare symptom, not a rare disease.
If johnnyboy was right about the shedding skin then there should be no PATM when you’re in the shower, swimming pool, beach…as we’ve all experienced that is opposite to what really happens. People still react if you’re in a pool or not unless the shedding skin still flies when soaked. I use to think about this possibility 20 years ago.

I have been searching for Morgellon disease as it’s mentioned by many in their post and to my surprise this phenomenon has been researched by the U.S. CDC and after throwing in millions of dollars they concluded it’s a mental disorder. Wow, how did they get so much money to fund something like that? Lucky them!

How I wish that this amount of money and support would have been thrown in to PATM research to give us a hint of what’s going on. At this time we have not even convinced one Dr to our side of argument. I believe it’s easy to investigate the Morgellon phenomenon because once you zoom in with a microscope no bug can hide on the skin because obviously it can’t be smaller than an electron, but how easy is it to detect airborne patm causing particles.

Is there any machine out there capable of detecting something like that?
Hi grateful2011, I have done so many things and followed numerous methods claimed by many in here only to prove its pure hogwash. Your method is the only one that seemed to work for me. I have only tried it for 4 days now. Each time I try I manage to increase the number of days. It sure does decrease the reaction as you’ve described in your previous postings.

Nevertheless I’m kinda curious and I know the best way is to ask you. You say that after a while, I deduce this to be a month or so, you become patm free! What I don’t understand is that even though you’re PATM free, you still try other supplements and continue to say you’re still searching. Searching for what?

What I’m curious about is if you’re PATM free then why are you still searching for other products and so forth. Are you trying to say that by turning totally vegetarian as you’re doing it now PATM will decrease to a controllable level but not total gone?

If that’s the reason, then I understand. Even if it is, it’s still good enough for me because I’ve never found a method that worked as good as the veggie diet has done so far for me.
Am still trying to change my diet and will never stop trying!
God bless.
congratulations, so proud of you for doing the work !!!!  this has been a long, trial and error , labor of love for me -since I found this life saving forum last year - thank God !!!!!!

at this point and time I am content and satisfied with my daily regimen to eliminate symptoms ( odor, reactions)  and remain patm free !!!! it has been necessary for me to detox and clean the toxins etc. from my body first in order to begin the healing process which was done through various supplements along with my food choices

like  "ttoistheanswer" i have a daily regimen - mine is as follows:

first thing in the morning before breakfast -  1.  oil pulling with  organic coconut oil 2. fresh squeezed lemon in warm/hot water - to support our liver

3. about 30 min after my lemon water, I take 2 Natrenes healthy trinity probiotics  ( take no other supplements or meds for 2 hours after taking the probiotics)

4.  breakfast smoothie consisting of fruits and/or veggies whatever u desire,including l-glutamine powder, ground flax or chia seeds, stevia

as u know my food choices are plant based - no meat, no dairy, no sugar (I use stevia instead), no gluten, no fast or junk food - I do eat shrimp almost daily

the rest of my supplements i take after 2 hours has passed from taking my Natrenes healthy trinity probiotics ( they are the best and highly respected in the health buisiness)

black seed oil (nigella sativa), kyolic garlic formula 102, vitamins b,c,d3, echinacea, chlorella, zinc, vitalogic thyroid and kidney formulas

I go to the sauna at least five days per week to release toxins from my body
also i take magnesium supplements before bedtime

I am thankful I am patm free now - however I still have much work to do in reversing all of the damage i have done to my body from the many years of eating junk food and fast food everyday ( excess body weight, which I have learned is nothing but - waste in our bodies ugh )  !!!!!   I am grateful that I do not have any other medical conditions to take care of.

continue to stay on the path u are on the right track - great job and God Bless always !!!!
I don't think anyone has tried hogwash yet. Thanks for trying it so we don't have to :)
Thanks grateful2011 that is a great encouragement because I have a lot to deal with. If I can cover 2 weeks in row I think things will get easier.
It’s tough with the existing everyday tasks because I always expect a good meal when I get home exhausted. I think the best way is to go on leave and try it out until I get used to it. Thanks for all the help!

Londonblob@ cool it,,. Don’t take it personal cos I didn’t mean that.
Nothing will work over night or over a week or two. If you are having success with low carbohydrate diet then it is plain that there is a candida/yeast overgrowth in the digestive system. And if that is the case then leaky gut goes with if because the toxins from the yeast cause the LG. Malabsorbtion of vitamins and minerals will result.
when you say no meat no diary ..just plant ..what is your typical plant based food..please specify..becoz im hard of thinking what are the plant foods I can eat in variety for everyday..do you eat rice...whats your typical lunch meal and snack meal howabout dinner..please help becauz im short of ideas for this..hehe..
for breakfast i make a smoothie with frozen strawberries, frozen blueberries, cilantro, spinach, ground flax seed, frozen banana, l-glutamine powder - for example ( u can choose any fruits and veggies u desire - the combinations are endless)

mid morning another smoothie

snacks ( whenever I feel like it )  :  sunflower seeds, popcorn organic already popped or if i make it myself will make it with coconut oil (NO microwave popcorn), dark chocolate covered almonds , Crunchmaster- multi-seed gluten free crackers, baked sweet potato ( when they are at room temperture and/or after refrigerated - i eat them with nothing added- they are sweet and delicious), also any other  gluten free snacks, i may want to try

dinner:  salad with shrimp, hummus,sunflower seeds, bell peppers  OR shrimp and asparagus stir "fried"  with coconut or grapeseed oil  OR  now I have started making soup for dinner ( i have a vitamix machine that enables me to make my smoothies and soup )  for my soup i now make asparagus, with shrimp, flax seed, ginger, cilantro, tony chachere's original creole seasoning ( whatever i have in the frig i want to use ) - it is yummy creamy and warm

my frig usually on any given week :  has celery, spinach, strawberries, blueberries, grapes, watermelon, bananas, kale, parsley, collard greens,
sweet potatoes, bellpeppers,

of course i use stevia in my smoothies, i also like to add hersheys natural unsweetened cocoa - when i want that chocolate taste, also u can add a tablespoon or so of coconut oil or grapessed oil to the smoothies, soup or salads

hope this helps - enjoy God's  yummy healthy goodness !!!
It's the opposite for me. Plants give me terrible PATM while foods with no carbs (meat, cheese, butter) give me less PATM. Milk and yogurt have a lot of carbs so they're a no-no, heavy cream is acceptable.

A Zero-carb diet reduce my PATM by 75% after about 3 weeks. If you don't eat carbs, then your calories MUST come from fat so the fattiest cuts of meat, the better. That diet is easier to follow than you think - unlimited amount of fatty meat, cheese, butter and heavy cream can be pretty yummy but inconvenient in social situations.
God bless u my friend !
wow...you really are creative...must be a lot of trip to the grocery? though ..but nice taste trip..,,,,thanks for sharing evrything.
guys,go you still guys drink coffee and softdrinks....??? i cant live without softdrinks..
I mean guys ,do you still drink coffee and softdrinks....
I love my softdrinks as well i mostly drink Coca Cola and they don't seem to have an affect on me
so do you drink diet coke or jus the regular... do you think that candida is the problem or culprit of your patm or something else...
Check this out!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-20081895
It seems to say our antibiotics law enforcement officers got kicked in the **** by the PATM terrorists so we need to call several combinations of good but very tough and super navyseals bacteria to take on the mission of invading gut-land and completely exterminating patm terrorists permanently. LOL>.
Im thinking of buying a large variety of different kinds of probiotics and try different combinations. If it doesn’t work for a month then I’d change combinations and so on.
My guess is the best method is to take faeces samples,, Under a microscope, isolate the most dominant microbial species as the most potential villain. I think the dominant one would probably constitute more in numbers in comparison to the rest.
Isolate that microbial species and do experiments.
Easier way is to do experiments with the diet and monitor monthly whether they diminish in numbers in each faecal sample. If not change the food combination, probiotics etc.
A friend of mine left me a microscope but I don’t think it’s powerful enough for this purpose.
Looks like faecal transplants from a healthy patient is the only traditional cure. But this is the most disgusting thing I could think of… I ‘d rather stay with PATM if multiple probiotics don’t work.
good work !!!   the best PROBIOTICS is :

NATRENE's Healthy Trinity Probiotics -  they must be refrigerated

it contains : lactobacillus acidophilus - 5 billion cfu
                   bifidobacterium bifidum   - 20 billion cfu
                   lactobacillus bulgaricus   - 5 billion cfu

I take two each morning before breakfast - and after I drink my hot water with fresh squeezed lemon  
Thanks grateful2011. I’ll try and get that.
I don't think soft drinks are a culprit because I have them quite a bit and they don't seem to make it worse
i did some research and i came across a website which told me how hayfever particles cause someone to get an allergic reaction. It says "the body misidentifies it as a harmful substance and so the body produces histamines which causes irritation and itchiness"
What if our bodies are producing a similar thing to hayfever because like hayfever only some people react to me
also people with hayfever are more likely to react to me I've found
I started with very bad gas for 2 years and this patm thing only happened recently. I did think it was candida but I couldn't stick with the no carb diet. If it is candida, this patm thing must a severe case of it.

I'm trying tea tree oil body wash right now and it seems to help. I haven't noticed much sneezing or coughing around me anymore but I still get those "looks" from others which is probably because I have another odor, fecal maybe, that others can smell. I'm also on VSL#3 DS prescription probiotics. It has like 10 different strands of bacteria in it and is really good if you have IBS or gas problems.....and you don't want to take any probiotics with hot water, and if in powder form, don't mix with soluble fiber.
Fecal implants are usually taken from a new baby, the 'coil' is usually green and this can be implanted in the butt with an enema bag.

However most of us don't have access to a baby :-)

So the cheapest and best probiotics are homemade pobiotics, however this takes a bit of study, materials, time and practice.

Rejuvelac is the common term for them, made from sprouted grains, cabbage and such like.

However there are a few short cuts that are easy and quick to do, they are

Organic apple cider vinegar with the mother in, the mother is important because this is where the probiotic is. Mix one table spoon in a pint 1000ml and drink spread out through the day.

Hulled barley or perled barley  water. This is simple to make, get a large jar and fill one third with the barley. You can rinse the barley in fresh water. Fill the rest of the jar with fresh unclorinated water. Put in a cool dark place and leave for 24h. It is now read to take out about half a pint of the resulting water, then refill the jar with water and put away for another 24h, you can do this for about 2 weeks or until the taste changes.
The 500ml you strain off every day drink through out the day.

Both Apple cider vinegar and hulled barley are cheap but very effective

research these two cheap options. Michael Coyle recommended hulled barley water.

Wanted your opinion on exercising and the relationship it has with PATM.

Other sufferers of PATM have mentioned that it makes it worse for them. I run at least 60 miles a week to relieve my stress and remove all the toxins from my body. I feel tired afterward but it makes me feel better....Thanks for your input.
I also did a lot of exercise but I stopped since this patm thing. I just started to exercising again and it makes me feel better mentally but I literally stink when I'm jogging. I can smell it myself. I know I leak gas but it feels like it's coming from my pores when I jog.
Ray,

I do exercise and play sport, I think the only way exercise would be detrimental is if too much was done and the body was completely drained. Remember the body needs some energy for digestion and immune function.

The sweat from exercise does release some toxins but not a lot, but sauna and especially FIR sauna release a lot of toxins - you can find info on the net.

One of the things exercise does is produce lactic acid so it can push you into an acid state especially if your diet is acidic ie: meat, soda, coffee, bread, pasta, processed food. Why this is not good is because the blood clumps together and therefore does not carry oxygen efficiently. There are other bad affects but too many to mention now.

Ted's alkalising formulas is what I use and have used for 9 months
you can find them by doing a simple search 'ted alkalising formulas' I would suggest reading s many of Ted's postings as possible he also has candida advice. he is the biggest contributor on earth clinic.

Also look up Walter Last for info on treating intestinal candida and systemic candida.

also read Michael Coyle fungus pdf - very informative - that's where I got the hulled barley water probiotic tip from.

I was at that point once with people hacking (coughing) next to me, nose's running, I even had people tell me to my face that I smelt even after  shower.

Things only changed when I started to detox, alkalise, treat candida in the gut and systemically and improve my diet to more veg. Milk is food for candida don't touch it.
Exercise works for me i don't get many PATM reactions after i do it
What foods did you guys eat before you got PATM ?
I ate pretty normal food, probably healthier than most people. I ate a lot of veggies, non oily foods, meat, and occasional junk food. I didn't have any problems with junk foods and carbs either except for really bad gas. my patm started after I went back home for a week and had acupuncture and chinese med. but there was also mold growth on the ceiling of my bathroom and I have a cat and dog so I don't really know what caused it but I would rather have super bad flatulence than this.

@ray2502 have you tried the steam room? does that work also?

one problem with my particular version of PATM is that apple cider has sulfite preservatives, which causes me to breath out a hydrogen sulfite smell (rotten egg gas). But for others it may be fine
I usually exercise ( need to do more lol) at home, shower  and  then go to the sauna - sweating the toxins out in the sauna is the magic - it gets rid of the toxins in our bodies

fyi:  if u have gas, bloating - this is also part of patm

God Bless us all to make better food choices and give our  bodies SUPPORT with the necessary supplements !!!!
How you noticed more about PATM being worse after showering, I can't tell for sure if it really has to do with showering. I don't think it's the shampoo or body wash i use. It might be because of hot/warm water and skin reaction. If showering really make it worse.

For maybe a week my PATM was less, i did not follow a diet, did not do anything unusual except, which i already did for some time:
lemon water first thing after waking and after a half hour or so probiotics with breakfast. AND trying to think its nothing, people just do these things haha, it's hard to believe and think that but well i tried...

Today it's worse again...!? also i heard some girls in the back of a tram (public transport) saying it stinks, did anyone fart?
And a small kid only who was only a few years old i guess, coughed strongly multiple times just like a PATM cough when standing in front of me outside. Which than would be the first time for a kid showing strong reactions.

Like i told before my PATM somehow does not effect children under the age of 16 or 17 or somewhere close as far as i know.

If there are more people with PATM and kids are immune to you, let it know. This also explains why almost nobody reacted to me (except parents) when i was at a amusement park.
Correction previous comment:
* 'How' should be 'Did'
I do think showering could make it worse.
Hello LondonBlob,Grateful2011:

Thank you for your input, you have been an inspiration to me and to many people around the world. I take your input very seriously. Having said that,  I'm happy to say that my PATM reactions have considerably diminished. The only time that I get any kind of reactions is when I'm up close and speak to sombody directly.

LondonBlob, you just gave me some pointers on how to run more efficienly and I will put them to use and see if I can better my 10K PR. Lol......

aj129, I will try the sauna next...thanks.

Yes ACV is not always appropriate but then I only take the organic ACV with the mother in, there are no preservatives in that.
PLEASE LISTEN UP.
I'm sorry for not speaking up sooner, but I needed time to test.
This whole thing is olfactory reference based. All of us went through a period of stress when this showed up. We all have usurped a social disconnect as a result. Worst yet, we've falsely assumed that the minor occurrences around us are somehow linked to us as individual antagonists. We have become narcissistic and fargone.

I have wasted much money, time and sanity constantly checking these forums, reading EVERY post and testing these breakthrough suggestions that seem to come up every now and then. It's all placebo.

The fact of the matter is, these reactions are not reactions at all.   Odors come and go regardless of where you are.. The smell sense is the weakest developed. A smell can linger on your conscience after it has passed. People sneeze, cough, wipe their noses and faces at random and for just about any reason. This is basic human nature and we've foolishly assumed that we were somehow causing it. We need to get back in touch with reality.

I understand that this is a hard pill to swallow and most of you may contest me. But I hope you all are listening, because I was once in your shoes.

Lastly, I am prepared to clarify and elaborate any part of my conclusion, because you all have a right to live your lives without this nightmare. I promised myself that I would put the solution out there if I ever found it. So I'm keeping my word.
i got a cat three weeks ago and it does not have any effect on me i got PATM before it anyway
@Omega333 This is the same with me however for me kids under 18 do react, this is probably because I go to a school and so there are lots of kids but anyway some kids cough some don't.
@CuredofPATM I understand what you mean because I do notice that people cough and sneeze all the time when I'm not there such as on TV shows but for me it just feels like I make it worse because people cough a lot near me but when they are not near me they don't cough as much
Okay, don't take offense. Pay CLOSE attention to what you just said. I quote you...

"I do notice that people cough and sneeze all the time when I'm not there such as on TV shows but for me it just feels like I make it worse because people cough a lot near me but when they are not near me they don't cough as much"

You don't' know if the coughing is amplified by your presence, but you continue to ASSUME that you contribute to it. This is classic hyper-vigilance and assumption which is the combination behind all this PATM. We all know that when we ASSUME, we make an "A$$ out of U and ME". Get the picture?

This is PATM down to the tee.
Something tragic happens in your life or you are under large amounts or prolonged emotional stress. As a result, you subconsciously lose your focus and become introverted. You start paying extreme attention to your surroundings and normal occurrences that seemed to fly over your conscious when your mind was clear. You become pessimistic and paranoid because the stress was never resolved, and you become self centered because subconsciously and/or consciously, you dwell on that stress and how it may have impacted or shaped your life. Your mental reference is thrown off at this point, and you blame yourself for things you wish you could change or have done differently to negate that original stressor. So you're walking down the street and every other person that you pass either wipes their nose or looks down at the ground. Rather than be like everyone else who goes about their business and doesn't acknowledge/focus on these things, you wear a guilty expression because you think you're the cause, and now you're unknowingly drawing attention to yourself, which then cues people to look at you in disgust (a natural human response to low confidence.) You misread these people thinking that they smell something foul on you or are having allergic reactions to you. However, whenever you ask one of these people if you smell or are irritant to them, they tell you NO, rightfully so. This isn't enough of a verification that you aren't an allergen because you're still focused on everyone else more than yourself. You assume they didn't want to hurt your feelings, and end up on this forum with a bunch other individuals just like you who gave this condition a name and quite frankly, don't really know what's going on. They post placebo solutions out of desperation and mix in things like "confidence" which is part of the solution; and you end up making the wrong connections and become confused as to why you aren't progressing. This is not a deliberate fault, as it is the circumstances of this issue. We really did have some valid leads (Olfactory Reference Syndrome) which were unfairly shot down in place of 9 volt batteries and urine. Those who saw a doctor and were told about this being a psychological issue, but rejected rather than hit the psych links, wasted time.

THE CURE
I saw a doctor, explained only my hyper-vigilance (the mysterious odors the blatant sneezing and coughing.) Immediately I was questioned about drug usage. I'm a cigarette smoker. I was asked about emotional issues. My Father passed away 4 years ago when I was in high school and the PATM appeared a year later after I began smoking under depression.  Like others, I felt hopeless and foolish because I had no odor which was contrary to what I perceived from the awful reactions going about in the waiting area. So upon trying to prove my sanity I went in the waiting area and asked people if the room smelled or the air was thick. Not a single person agreed to my perceptions.This is when Olfactory Reference Syndrome was explained to me. I left the hospital upset that they now knew I was crazy. But upon leaving, the PATM reactions were gone and hadn't returned since. It was at that point that I knew the doctors were right.
Upon reviewing the stressors that bought patm into my life and learning about how emotional trauma hinders the olfactory system, I instantly lost the PATM and returned to my original frame of reference. A few days into living once again without this PATM, my confidence renewed itself and I began to reform the avoidant damage I inflicted on my relationships during the PATM experience. 4 months in and I still remain on the outside looking in on this condition. You have to acknowledge what that stress is doing to your psyche, do away with it and bring your perspective from "I'm in a room full of people coughing and sneezing" to "I'm in a room with other people." This is going to take a lot of will power, because you'll have to redirect your attention to your LIFE and not something that you have no influence on such as others coughing and sneezing. We're not Gods or subhumans. We are people that lost our mental footing. You work on that and tell me if you still have PATM.

The posts mentioning olfactory response were on the right track. Everything else is speculation and placebo .

--
Cure Of PATM
so are you teling me you are cured no reactions...so the key is recognize the things that haunts you or gives you great anxiety
u must keep making the proactive decisions each day, 365 day a year, IF u want to enjoy a PATM free life !!!!

lemon water first thing in the morning, then about 30 min later - probiotics before breakfast , smoothie (fruits, veggies with L-glutamine powder)

and your plant based food choices throughout the day

go to the sauna each day to release toxins - preferably before school or work
congratulations and thank you for your kindness !!!!

the sauna will help u greatly on your road to PATM freedom !!!!!
I have absolutely no reason to lie. I am an intelligent young adult with a rational mindset. Despite my poverty,  I've dropped so much money and time on these supposed solutions only to end up frustrated like the rest of you. Me seeing the doctor was my final straw as suicide became more appealing. It is out of the sincerity of my heart to help everyone else by posting exactly what I went through, my perspective, and my relief.  This is all being typed from my phone, because the loudest voices on here unfortunately have it all wrong. I could no longer stay silent with an ongoing four months of relief under my belt. I am your stereotypical loner and nice guy.

I did not post sooner because I know that my stance is a hard sell for some of the people who've assumed that they were correcting this,  when all along the answer was under our noses online and in books. It is also hard to believe that some kid found the answer, just like it is hard to prove PATM to doctors. I need you all to hear me on this. I am a constant reader and problem solving is a long time niche to me.

I am CURED,  bottom line.
I haven't swept PATM under the carpet or ignored it, but instead picked at it, was fortunate to see a doctor whom knew immediately what was wrong, faced facts with acceptance and rid my conscious of it. I regained the grounding that was lost when this appeared.

PATM is a perceptual illness,  not a social, dietary or physical one. Fact is, this borderlines OCD in that we hold unhealthy obsessions with normal occurences because to us,  there must be sentiments attached.  We forgot what human nature is.  People cough and sneeze all the time for any given reason at any time. When we focus on others while in this hyper-vigilant state accompanied by a disturbance in our grounding as fellow humans and low self image, we feel alienated and believe that our personas are responsible for why people look at us weird. Doesn't that sound like OCD? We look at the things everyone else knows to be normal and attach supernatural sentiments of victim hood because subconsciously we have been mentally taxed by by an unresolved stressor.  Lastly,  our olfactory plays tricks on us and we associate odors with the so called "reactions"  and assume that we are to blame. It's the classic "I'm the one to blame" mindset that is throwing us off. People often feel this way when they feel a lack of control over their shortcomings (ie: a child who feels at fault for their parents divorce.) However, if the stressor is addressed, you accept that you are not the cause and you acknowledge that your olfactory is the cause of these perceptions, your PATM will leave you instantly. Because this is a psychological 180, you must maintain. Walk with confidence, smile, socialize, eat what you may, and don't concern yourself with stepping on cracks, dust flying around,  people sneezing or walking passed a garbage can while others acknowledge an odor. The world does not revolve around you, and you must come to terms as I have. We have fragile egos due to stress and our olfactory goes haywire.

--
Cure Of PATM
Your caption should be curedofOFS

congratulations man but don't call me crazy :-)
I agree with you but I can't remember what happened to me 2 years ago to cause PATM. I have just turned 16 and I got PATM when I was 14. At this time the only stress I got was from school and sometimes video games(I was very addicted back then). I don't see though how that would have caused me to think about my surroundings because I did not lose a loved one or friend. The only thing I have against this theory is that my maths teacher covers his nose near me and he does it every lesson, this makes me think I smell bad which I don't because I shower every morning and night.
I still think of it everyday,  trying to think it's not me causing it. Some things also point to being it in my head. But it's really not easy, you are unconsciously in an alert state and every cough you hear will remind you of PATM and then i start to analyze think of reasons en possibilities and all. It's strange because it's not everyone who gets effected even if they are all strangers. And it's also strange that people near me cough worse then those a litter further away (i can still see and hear them clearly) i also sort out the ones i think are just a normal cough.

What about seeing things? Do you know something about that? is it also related?
because when i am talking about PATM it's not only the normal small things like touching noses, sour faces, coughing holding breath or breathing excessively (louder). Rarely I do see people (for example inside a train) stand up and walk a little further away and sit there. This does not happen often it's rare but the one who do are ones usually effected most and look at me too. Or once during a presentation, someone sitting next to me turned 90 degrees away from me with his hand covering his face and nose and making uncomfortable movements, like he could not stand it during the presentation, while everyone else around me did not even cough or show any effects.

Now i am staring to think it might be my breath? (extra next to PATM) since i also taste something bad in my mouth the last week and few times before. A bad taste i think mucus, i do not have a burning feeling in stomach or so just in mouth which can also change the taste of foods i eat. I notice with almost everyone when talking they do smell my breath. I need to get my nose checked again, probably a deviated septum also causing  inflammation and every associated taste and smell.
I always wake up with a stuffed nose which opens slowly.

In the mean time, talk less in front of people ;) and remember It's not me causing PATM.

God Bless you - please understand that the examples you have shared is is PATM my friend  - do NOT be in denial it will not help you in solving the problem !!!!

get to work, changing your food choices, add supplements and go to the sauna : see my past posts for more info
@grateful2011 Thanks, but I don't see improvement because of that. I'm gladd you do :) There is something that triggers it or it's just randomly worse or less for a few days.

@ALL
persauto said this in his 'My story, hypothesis, solutions tried' thread:
"...the problem seems to be more apparent after some sexual act"

I thought i read more people saying it started after sex or something about sex i don't remember. But just wanted to let you know.
@ Omega333
Yes... I talked about sexual act... I don't know why but I get a weird smell after sex (normal sex or masturbation). I must admit it feels very shameful to talk about it. But thank god we are somewhat anonymous here...

Somehow sex causes me more constipation, a weird smell that lasts for days and increases PATM.

If I were to give me unproven hypothesis I would say that:
- Maybe there's something wrong with my hormones, secretion or something...
- Maybe there's something wrong with my own body causing inflammation/allergic reaction to myself causing weakening of my body's internal barriers
- Maybe I do have a problem dealing with hydrogen sulfide (H2S) from digestion... It is often one of my main hypothesis... Maybe sex just releases it more into my body, blood stream... or something. The thing with H2S is that it dulls the sense of smell. So you end up cannot smell it anymore... But sometimes I would perceive that weird smell.
- Maybe it produces too much irritant gas... I have excessive flatulence and when I burp sometimes I can smell that weird smell... And it sometimes irritates my nose...
- Maybe maybe maybe... I don't know.

Maybe it's all subjective and coincidence but I find myself related to people who had similar experience of having digestion/smell problem starting around puberty and got worse... And then that's when I noticed people coughing when I was near them. The irony is that PATM also deteriorates mental health which does not help: getting paranoid with cough... Not knowing which coughs we are causing and which are totally not related to us...

@All
I try very hard to ignore PATM but I have to say that it is very hard. The past days I tried to test subjectively if people were reacting to me... And it is so weird... People were intensely coughing near me... I moved to another area and the people around were coughing like crazy.

In my head I wished that people further to me would cough to prove to me that it's all in my head and all coincidence... but it's mostly only people around that were coughing...

It's too much coincidence... It really HAS to be a very weird condition that we have... Or we are all very crazy with cough hallucinations or we have a neurotic over-focussing on random normal coughs.

To give a analogy I would say that it is as if I were smoking a cigarette all the time and people around would get bad reaction to the smoke (many people have bad reactions to cigarette smoke and would cough...) ... But with PATM there is no smoke... Maybe just an irritant gas/molecules going out of our body that is abnormal to normal levels...

@ All (again)

In my own wannabe-scientific knowledge and perception I would say that people with PATM make up a too far fetched crazy story in their head if either:
- They think they cause people on the phone to cough
- They think it's a gigantic conspiracy of fake coughing to hate them
- They think they cause coughing on a random person driving in another car far from them
- They think there are dust floating around them and it's related to PATM (I think it is very unlikely that it is related to PATM... because there is dust everywhere but the human eye cannot see it clearly except if you see it thru a reflection of a ray of sunlight for example...)
- ...
(PATM is a very abstract condition... It's very easy for our mind to go into crazy theories/imagination because our mind wants to make sense of it... and it is difficult to have absolute solid proofs)

The problem is always the same... We have no proofs. We just make more unproven hypothesis and try to find a cure based on unproven hypothesis... And then we give subjective non scientific conclusion to our own testing...

I do that do... Because we don't have a research lab for PATM testing...

It's hard to find a cure when we cannot pinpoint the exact problem and be sure about it...

My best guess right now if PATM is real is that a good "PATM diet/nutrition" could help the symptoms... (Because we are organic creatures made of 100% of what we eat and drink)... The problem is that I have no idea what should be the right diet/nutrition for PATM as I don't know what causes PATM... I just have hypothesis like everyone else.

Hopefully one day we will find "PATM-ingredients-free" labels on food at the grocery store...?

That's just my best guess...
IMPORTANT THING TO CONSIDER:

I'm always a little ambivalent between PATM being real or us being crazy...

Here some somewhat science...

To try to bring to sense about coughing I made some very informal researches on the internet...

Consider this:
- It is normal for 1 person to cough probably between 0.5 to 2 times an hour
- In a room with 200 people, expect at least 100 coughs every hour... or 1.6 coughs per minute
- In a room with 30 people, expect at least 15 coughs an hour... or 1 cough every 4 minutes
- In a room with 2 people, expect at least 1 cough an hour...  

One source is this:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1511564/
... Other sites were very informal sources...

This is just the more rational explanation to exclude the "normal coughs".

There's something called the Fresher's Flu too:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freshers%27_Flu

People cough all the time... If PATM is real then people coughs a lot more when we are around THAN when we are not there (consider also that people might have a cold or have heavy smokers coughs too... which is possible and we have to exclude that)
just making my first ever post. i make people cough and sneese. i see how it is hard for ppl to believe. my nose is always blocjked and i seem to always need to clear m,y throat it never goes away. when i come near to ppl they generally start coughing or start trying really hard to clear their throat. i feel bad because i see they start to feel like me. they usually begin to feel sick that day or the next few days. will talk m,ore soon. Robert.
we all know how you feel so don't be scared to tell us how you feel. If you got PATM recently did you notice when it started and what you think might be causing it
@curedofpatm, I know what you are talking about. I've had insomnia for 6 years and horrible gas for 2.  every night I tell myself to go to sleep but it didn't help and when I stopped thinking about it, it went away. my gas got worse when I started to think about it also. It's the same with patm that when I think about it gets worse but the difference is that it's still there when I don't think about it (at least I'm not conciously thinking about it). However, I do notice that people don't notice a smell on me as much in the morning (maybe because I'm the most relaxed then) and I smell worse at night. It's also less noticeable when I'm lying down.

@all, sorry if another poster has already brought this up but have anyone tested for celiac's disease? and malabsorption of fats? I just went to the doc today and he told me I might have them but the celiac panel is $350! wtf?? i know someone has posted that gluten and meats cause problem so it that's the case, celiacs would be a good fit
Lets create a discrete FB page so we can see our brothers and sisters that are hurting from this disease!.

Mike
u are right - what triggers PATM : is the junk food we choose to eat !!!!!
yes hi. there is something internally wrong with me. i have never tested positive for any stds. almost 3 years ago i got sick with an infection of some sort. whether it was viral bacterial or fungal i do not know but it could have been any of them. maybe 4 to 5 months later i began to get loose stools which i think may have been caused by me worrying about what this problem is and why i make ppl sick. i honestly wish it was all mental but im not completely stupid, i can tell when people arent well. doctors treat me like a fool, except for 1 he was the first i saw he wouldnt admit anything, but i could see it in his eyes. he knew i wasnt mad. the initial onset was flulike leaving a chronic cough and stuffy nose. the rash was another initial symptom "tinea versicolor". anyhow it is much worse in winter and people are much more effected by me. winter time causes peoples defences to drop so they are more susceptable to my disease. winter nearly kills me. im 26 and live in australia.
or maybe the cold air causes susceptability to allergy.
for me summer is much worse because people have hayfever and they seem to react to me more than they would on any other season. Luckily for you winter is over in australia.
Im from the UK.
@AJ I agree that not sleeping well has something to do with it because before I got it I was staying up to 4 in the morning every evening during the summer holiday
detox, detox, detox your body !!!!  and get Natrenes's healthy trinity probiotics, go to sauna and begin to eat plant based food choices ( lots of fruit, green veggies, nuts, seeds), l-glutamine powder, ground flax seeds or chia seeds

no dairy, no sugar, no gluten, no meat, no junk/fast food

God Bless you always
do you remember taking in antibiotics before you got patm...
grateful2011 I got some questions:
How many probiotics capsules of strains do you use and when?
And the same question for L-Glutamine

Are you PATM free?, for how long? for how long have have you taken lemonwater, probiotics and glutamine?

Do you have Candida? for how long do you think you will use probiotics..
and how is it going with OXY-OXC?
When I got sick, before I got patm, I went to the doctor to get help all he could offer was antibiotics, however I rejected them to protect my immune system. anyhow I am going to take grateful2011's advice and take on the healthy hippy lifestyle. Time to eat black wild ricealong with a legume based diet for protein. We can become stronger andhealthier without being weighed down by refined wheats and sugars and tough animal protein. Back to the garden of Eden ppl!!! Haha. Love to you all I will be back to let you know how successful this goes.  I pray we can be inspired to reject this worlds attempts to hold us down and break free and experience the vitality of nature again. My heart goes out to you all keep your heads up!!
Hi all, I've been reading some of the earlier post and found someone created a survey to organize some of the stuff we have in common. Since the user doesn't seem to be active on this thread anymore I thought it would be nice to organize some of the symptoms from the newer users. so..I made a new survey that's based on the old one but a little longer and with some different questions. Here's the link. Hope you guys will take it when you have time.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dG9CVzREUXQwcEdSbGtaXzJCbkF4U1E6MQ
thanx for the great questions.  I have to look at my posts on this forum to determine how long I have been doing Natrene's Healthy Trinity Probiotics - I would guess since  July-Aug 2012 - finally got my dosage right and NOT to take it with any other supplements (especially garlic). So I do my hot water with lemon in the morning before breakfast and about 30 min later I take my probiotics ( 2 capsules for me) - then my breakfast smoothie

Natrenes probiotics contain:  Lactobacillus acidophilus 5 billion cfu
                                               Bifidobacterium bifidum   20 billion cfu
                                               lactobacillus bulgaricus    5 billion cfu

I have been taking L-glutamine since Itchylife (I believe it was him) informed us about it - probably since June ????? ( check my posts for a more definite timeline)  I take L-glutamine now everytime I have a smoothie - I put some in  about 2 tablespoons or 6 tablets if u don't have the powder

I never have gone to the doctor for my patm condition - just thank God for this forum and all my "google" research - I believe I suffer from leaky gut syndrome which comes from candida I believe - i believe I have had this for many, many years  and did not know it - finally by God's grace all puzzle pieces came together last year where I could recognize by peoples reactions and my sensitivity to their reactions - that the problem was me and began to seek a solution and found this life saving forum last December, thank you God !!!!!!

I am patm free as long as I continue to eat my fruits and veggies and take my supplements, go to sauna, detox my body - plant based food choices the majority of the time rather than junk food/fast food

no dairy, no meat, no gluten, no sugar - I use Stevia

I have not reordered anymore oxy-oxc after I ran out ( it is a good product) I chose to reoder my Black Seed Oil capsules instead (nigella sativa)

I have learned that to have good health is a full time job - each and everyday - our bodies are magnifiicent  machines that we must lovingly respect by giving them all the support it needs

God Bless always - u can do it !!!!!

p.s. I do eat shrimp everyday too !!!!
I recently had a small operation on my hand - next morning my poop was firm and lots of it -- a week later, still the same -- evavcuating consistantly well, which is a change for me. When the doc was removing the stitches I asked him if he gave me an anti-biotic after the operation -- he did and seems to think it was Keflex. Looks like i may have had a bad bacteria overload and the Keflex corrected the balance??   I the one that has a big issue with taking any food or drink (just about everything) that has sulfite preservatives in them -- somehow after I exhale a mixture probably containing hydrogen sulfite -- rotten egg gas. Anyway, you may want to ask your doctor about getting a good dose of anti biotic to see if that helps -   a few years bak I had a urinary tract infection and had a course of antibiotic and a similar thing happened with my gut -- Too much antibiotic I'm told is not good but maybe okay to kick start your recovery along with healthy eating and with the consumption of the food specific regeme shown in a lot of these great posts --
Put an probiotic capsule in your *** overnight..

No reactions today.. Look out with which kind off capsules u use (some can pretty paste).

X
I took your quiz, some good questions
@m16htymadm00. Thanks!

@ALL, here is the link to the results of the survey.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApatfyhXyjePdG9CVzREUXQwcEdSbGtaXzJCbkF4U1E&pli=1#gid=0

The survey is still open for anyone who wants to take it. The link to the survey was posted in my last comment
Could not open the file......
it says i need to request for it so i sent a request plz accept
@grateful2011 Thanks for the detailed info!
i was using a probiotic with way to little strains (well that's what i get if i take a solgar brand name i suppose ;)

@ALL i still find it strange that not everyone is effected... even people or friends you do not see often for them to be able to get immune to is impossible... One possible answer is what CuredOfPATM said, but then i would like to know why one person does get effected and another not, it's not just the normal few percentage that does not get effected i am talking about. Let's for example take someone I know who was in the same class as me about 8 years ago and in between not seen or talked to > not effected!. There has to be a explanation for that right? even if it might be something i image realistically. Or is it because that example person was in my class for a few years which at that time got immune, even though i did not have PATM. maybe i did at the lowest level which no one noticed but still was there?? now i'm going to far lol..

To make it clear, it's not the usual small things like the normal cough or touching nose, it's something that clearly is related to me, for example people do not have a sour face and rubbing their face and keep (peaking) looking at me when sitting near me in a train. And Yes it is possible that people from outside get effected, just like it's possible it's room filling. It can spread real quick, the gas or whatever it might be is maybe not strong (people can still come near you before completely noticing it), but at least quickly transportable by air / wind.

Does anyone else notice things like that only people with ..x... get effected and people ...y... do not get effected maybe there is a pattern lol

what about children? if im correct the ones with PATM (thus meaning: you can't smell it yourself and doctors also can't smell it) are all 18+ ?? right? i guess?

Speaking about 18+ ;) the the reason i found persauto's post about sexual act causing a weird smell is because i though about that before and searched for it (thinking that it might worsen PATM), but i can't confirm anything i don't even know if i also have this. And that weird smell you was talking about, can you smell it yourself?
What if it has to do with that kind of smell (you know) and that would be even more embarrassing to hear from someone.

I do have a burning feeling of my scrotum when made contact with my inner thighs (when sitting), warmth makes it worse. GP and neurologist do not know what it is.. other than that it looks normal and everything works fine. I have this maybe two years with different severity before PATM showed up.  

maybe i am schizophrenic -_- , make that 'PATM Only schizophrenic' or it's just Candida overgrowth, even though i can't say i used antibiotics or eat junk food (only occasionally) it still can be.
sorry, now the results are public. you should be able to view it now
u are welcome - yes - Natrene's Healthy Trinity Probiotics are the best on the planet !!!!!
Yes its available. Thanks. From results i can see that most of the people get PATM reaction by self, than slowly it spreads around. Also PATM reactions are less on the next day after holidays, or weekend. Also its less when fasting or empty stomach.

let me just clarify with you,if you may,,that fruits is ok. becoz iver read that fruits should also be avoidd fr candida... or what is your idea on this
Does anyone think we are actually making them cough?
I know it is a weird question because we seem to be making them cough but what I have noticed is that I'm not making them cough automatically, because your body usually makes you cough. The coughs I hear mostly are coughs to clear out your throat, what if we are not causing them to cough but actually causing a blockage in their throats.  
is there anyone who's PATM does not effect parents, partners or friends (only counts if you live with your parents, partner or with a friend/roommate or hang out a lot with them). My parent don't show any reactions same goes for friends.

Just thinking about a theory where we might release some bad energy towards people we do not know (not enough to be comfortable or trust or something) as a sort of self automatic offensive mode, i don't know... Even though i mostly don't feel uncomfortable in everyday situations, it seems that strangers get effected more than people i know.

It might sound like of a fear we have. I do not, not that i know of.., though i am also not the most spontaneous person who is impulsive and is not afraid to put his finger up for example. maybe anxiety related (anxiety is more than what most probably think)

Hi all, so today I finally caught a whiff of my odor. The smell was not fecal but it was a rectal/intestinal smell, which is more irritating than a fecal smell. It wasn't really strong but people around me could definitely smell it. My stool is always dried and my rectum feels dry even though I take fiber and drink a ton of water. My anus is constantly wet which I think is moisture leaking out from my rectum and therefore causing the smell. and I constantly have lower back pain. My doctors told me I don't have any weakness in my sphincter and they don't know what it is. I started out thinking it was a digestive or fungal problem but after that "whiff" today I don't think it's related although a bad diet will make me smell worse because of a stronger intestinal odor.

Some have mentioned that people close to them don't get any reactions. It's the same for me. I made everyone cough and sneeze in my classes 2 months ago but I'm getting fewer reactions now. I think that it's not because it doesn't affect them but because they get used to the odor. I overheard my housemate commenting on my odor and that's definitely what she said.  

I was thinking that whatever is making them cough is the ammonia, acetaldehyde,ethanol, formaldehyde,carbon dioxide coming from the fungus or yeasts inside our digestive tract......maybe theyre bodies are rejecting it..becoz whenver I do my exercise I get that ammonia smell in my wardrobe after cardio ex with sweat....
i Think anxiety makes our stomachs do more movements that also cause those fungus emit there gasses..I think Its about our stomachs not relaxed.. if you do  breathing make sure that it has gone well to the lungs so that our breath is going out from our lungs not from some parts of our digestive systm.
because I think If the air we emit touch any part of the digestive systm ...yeast by product is emmitted.. well , i think
hey people just thought i would say hi and let you all know i officially made my first vegan meal so it has begun. has taken a little while but we are here people i feel better already. just thought i would say that i understand how anxiety makes the reactions worse. i think it is because when we are relaxed our body is able to deal with the infection easier, when stressed the body cant deal as well and the admittance of the albican spores is enabled, also toxins are released when we are stressed, making it difficult for our immune system to function. immune function is definitely a problem here due to the overgrowth of bad bacteria. we need to make our bodies a place that is not fun to be for bad bacteria. which means alkalising, detoxing and hydrating out bodies so that they can continue to effectively filter toxins out of the body allowing our immune function to be enhanced, mental function also clearer giving us relief from anxiety again helping the immune system. then the bad cycle can be broken and be replaced with a good mental and physically healthy state, which is able to be maintained through continual dieting and detoxing. this may be a continual thing for us as we seem to have something systemic which to me means that i may never know if i actually beat this thing because it may come back after the reactions go.
don't believe the hype !!!!   what does your gut tell u - fruits and veggies or junk food/fast food ?????   u decide - u have the power to get rid of the bad bacteria in your body ( detox, detox, detox) and replace it with good bacteria - Natrene's healthy trinity probiotics, l-glutamine powder, black seed oil (nigella sativa) and plant based food choices - go the sauna

this everyday will get u a patm free life !!!!
GREAT WORK SNIFFEDOUT - CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!
thanx for the info
thats true with me my parents and other people i know are not affected
Hi All......This worked for me

I've had this and it is quite frustrating at times. People sniffing and getting a runny nose around me. Was worried it was bad breath or body odour but I asked my wife and she said i was fine. She'd soon tell me though as she has a nose like a bloodhound so I'm not sure theirs a smell associated with it. I had a period of insomnia through stress at work and found myself drinking whiskey on a night to make me sleep and then loading up on coffee, energy drinks, sugar drinks and anything I could find to get me through the day. I drank a lot, perhaps 6-8 cans of cola a day, an energy drink, 3 cups of tea, a whole bottle of lucozade. Too much really. I read you can get an inbalance in your body PH and figured I was leaning to the acidic side because of all these drinks. So I thought I'll do a sugar detox which involved quiting the drinks I just mentioned including alcohol. Got a few cravings and a feeling like my skin was crawling but it was a relatively easy ride. As part of it I soaked myself in bath salts to pull out the toxins through my skin. I drank a teaspoon of bicarb in water each morning (tastes horrible) and also scrubbed my tongue each morning to an inch of its life. All I drank was water and green tea and for good measure I changed everyone of my usual hygene products just in case. It worked. People have stopped sniffing and twitching. In fact people seem to get almost too close to me now and never do any of the usual PATM things you expect. I found it odd at first as I always used to pull away from people to try and minimise the reaction but they just move up closer again. It was odd at first but I'm getting used to it. My tongue is no longer white on a morning even BEFORE I brush.....and the best part is I am so calm. My breathing was quite rapid before hand and it was only after it slowed down that I realise. It's the strangest feeling and I have more energy. It's like before the detox there was a fogginess in my mind but I'm really switched on and I noticed a lot more detail in things I see. Feel great and I'm losing weight. I think our bodies get out of balance or something and we just have to haul it back into line. So this worked for me and if any of what I mentioned sounds like you give it a go as well and I hope you solve it. Best of luck.
this could be true just before I got this the doctor said I had an acidic tummy and it hurt because there was too much acid in my stomach anyway do you still drink alcohol or cola obviously not as much but do you drink some
Hee Barney285

Your right! I think this is an important thing to mension, the ph of our body..

I also believe I have drunk too many energy drinks too much coffee too much junk!

Drinking water with some sea salt also helps!

X
I haven't touched any cola or sugary drinks since (about 2 weeks now), but I did have 1 glass of wine at home last night with my wife. I was careful not to drink any more than that. Just been out for dinner with her today in a crowded restaurant and I got no reactions from anyone. I think my body was overloaded and it just needed time and some help to clean itself out. I think an occasional drink from time to time will be fine but in moderation. I'm feeling so good at the moment I don't want to spoil it so I think it's going to be a lifestyle change for me going forward.
@grateful2011 I use fish instead of prawns. do you think thats a good substitute. Prawns is too hard to find in our area.
Yeah i agree. I think the ph thing is the key. When you read the ingredients on some of those drinks its frightening what gets put in there. I don't know what most of it is.
yes - please google for more info  ( fish is a better choice than meat for sure )

shrimp is my own personal preference - great health benefits it also has something called Astaxanthin (had never heard of this before)  

keep up the great work
hi barney.that's goodnews for all...well where do you by bicarb...is that same is baking soda....??
When or how did you caught a whiff of your odor? (rectal/intestinal smell)
For how long could you? can you still smell it?
For about a week now i have only drank water,  I have not drunk anything with sugar. I did not eat anything with flour and any sweets. I only eat grill chicken and veggies and fruits. My patm have reduce, will continue this week and let you guys know  how it goes.
I smelled it because I was sitting and air was blowing directly at me. It was very brief like a few seconds but I'm sure that others could smell it constantly. It's just that it's my smell that I'm always around it and it's so faint that I can't possibly notice it. I think it could be caused by an anal fissure or anal fistula. I am going to get it checked out by the doc. I've been applying hemorrhoid cream since yesterday and I think it's helping but I don't know if it's acting as a barrier that prevents my intestinal smell from leaking out or if it's covering up the fissure and preventing it from smelling.
good job...I'll start tomorrw.
Do you guys unconsciously contract your ab muscles? breathe from the chest instead of the belly? notice that your belly is flatter (not puffy out as much) than before you had patm?
do you maintain a plant diet...do you eat meat .........do you use regular toothbrush or the tonguebrusher for the tongue,..sori to many questions...just need some light here...hehe
I have been noticed that just after my abdomen muscle (about 10cm upper than my navel) contracts, people react to me and cough. Or for example when I’m traveling with an airplane and it decreases its height, that muscle unconsciously contracts and I can hear a few of passengers are coughing. Also when people around me react to me I’m breathing from my chest. God bless you.
The reason for me asking my previous question was because I've noticed a whole bunch of abdominal problems from feeling full, having back pains, to just the lack of normal intestinal function that I normally feel before patm. and my abdomen is flatter than before even after I eat. Anyways, I spent like an hour yesterday trying to untense all those muscle. I did that by forcefully taking in breaths from my belly. It was really painful at first because my muscles had been all clenched up for so long so I couldn't really expand my belly but I got there in the end and all the back pain and stuff disappeared. I don't smell so bad anymore....and probably after a few days of retraining myself how to breathe and not  clenching my stomach muscles, the smell will disappear.

Oh, by the way, the exercises that I did are qigong exercises you can find online. make sure you breathe by pushing your belly out and not down
Now you mention it, i don't remember having a little sticking out belly after eating much (for half hour) with PATM, which i sometimes did have before PATM. But i now also can eat my plate empty before feeling full. I also have more hunger even though i do not exercise anymore...
but
I think i am PATM Free now. i might be patm free for maybe 4 days but i did not go outside for 2 days (only short) so i can only say with confidence that the last 2 days i did not get any PATM reactions. I have yet to try in different places for example school, i just hope its not temporary.

The last difference i made is starting to take L-Glutamine (2x 2.5 grams) for maybe not even a week.

If i will be PATM free for longer times i will let you know what else i did and even if its physiologic.
yup I agree w/ hopefullman, why is it that if I do deep breathing relax breathing from the chest there is less patm reaction.. although not totally zero just less
hello, im from malaysia. did you know im also suffer this patm. i start notice this when im in form 5 in secondary school. the first day of school of that year. my friend behind me suddenly sneeze many time and i feel so nervous. and it getting bad from day to day. also that year i have SPM( a highest exam at school in malaysia to go to a-level, mariculation etc). because of the exam, im getting stress, and stress make this disease more worse. near the exam, it was getting bad. the examination is arrived, when the exam start, suddenly many student sneeze and cough . it was situation that i never heard. it was so bad. after the exam, i just stay at home for 5 month hope this diseease will gone. how my physical and my emotion suffer from this disease. when i told my mom about this,  she say it just my feeling maybe my mother also dont have this experience so she say like that and also just dont want make me worry. many ambition that i released and i want to be pharmacist because my sibling have take doctor and dentist. at first really hard for me to accept this, but now i accept . and now i just study at private college near my home even i must face same situation everyday. HAPPY GUY!
thank you for talking about this - our physical body and how it relates to patm !!!!  

I learned first hand this week when I am stressed, nervous, upset, anxious - it is VERY important that my body stay in a relaxed position - for example when i am sitting - I must be in a slightly reclined position - (forget about sitting upright in perfect posture - this is EXTREMELY BAD - if we want to remain free of patm reactions from people around us

so sit back and relax in order to remain patm free (even while u are nervous or stressed) it appears our intestines needs the room to "stretch out" and NOT be tight

and as always keep making healthy food choices and taking supplements, and detox and go to sauna

enjoy and God Bless
Like i told previously i am/was PATM free for 2 maybe 4 days

Yesterday and today i only heard people coughing (people who walk pas me for example) but in general less than usual and WITHOUT the visual reactions like touching/rubbing nose or face.

I will take 2x 5grams L-Glutamine  (5gr after waking up and 5gr before sleeping) I just need to know if glutamine has any bad effect on liver because i have Gilbert's syndrome (high bilirubin level) and caution should be taken whit liver or kidneys diseases (although GS is not called a disease its still has something to do with liver)

In the same week when i started with L-Glutamine i also ate chips every evening (not computer chips :p but potato chips, yes the unhealthy snack... ;) which i usually don't eat often or at all.

I am also out of my (first) bottle of probiotics (with a too low number of strains for candida according to some websites) which i started maybe a month ago.
If is really is because of L-Glutamine than it might have something to do with our brains, because if im correct glutamine is good for a specific thing with your brain, which we maybe are deficient in because of stress or lifestyle? Or maybe colloidal silver use as a antibiotic?

And about abdominal problems and sitting position.
Did or does everyone with PATM also sit behind a computer for long times or sit for something else by bending a little forward? (might effect stomach)
https://lh3.ggpht.com/-J33H2LI99ps/Tu6q2rHRSyI/AAAAAAAAQxo/ZE5PjH1R2Lk/s1600/evolution_pc2.gif
I have the same thing where sitting and "compressing" my abdomen makes it worse but even when I'm standing, people will still react. I like your theory about how our intestines needs more room. I thought about that also because I have a short upper body and long legs. Sometimes I feel like my upper body is getting shorter and shorter. I only have about 2 inches between my lower ribs and my hip bone and I swear I had more room there before...I used to be very active until about a year ago when my gas problems were so serious that I couldn't concentrate on anything but that. so I stopped exercising and that seems like when all the problems started. ..but I didn't have patm until very recently. after I stopped exercising I did notice that I got stiffer around my hips and that my digestion pattern changed.

I was both mentally and physically stressed for the last year before having patm. Because of my gas problems, I started to clench up my stomach a lot and forced myself to burp up all the air in my GI. Maybe it's because I've put so much stress on myself that my body couldn't take it anymore. I'm a student so I also spent/ (spending) a lot of time sitting....College wasn't such a great decision after all.  

now, I'm still learning how to relax my body and my stomach. I got my stomach to relax more by doing the exercises I talked about. It’s making me feel better but I can’t say for the smell. a lot of things have changed in the past week and I have been eating different foods and been off my probiotics so I’ve been smelling worse and so is my stool. It smells like the smell of my stool is coming out from my rectum so now when I have a BM, my stool doesn’t smell because all the smell already leaked out. Anyways, I had 2 doctors check my sphincter and they said it’s fine but I don’t agree. My theory for my problem is that my internal sphincter is not properly closed at resting that’s why I smell like ****.  I probably can’t smell it when my stool doesn’t smell that bad but others can.
I know patm is different for everyone but have you guys done a rectal exam yourself? I know it’s pretty disgusting but you should do it to check your internal sphincter. When you stick your finger up there you should feel 2 DISTINCT circles of muscle. They should both be tight and resist your finger both going in and coming out. You should feel 2 DISTINCT resistances. If you feel it from your external spincter but then can get in pretty easily, it could be your internal sphincter is not working properly. Try to do it without lube or minimal so you can really feel everything.  If it is your sphincter, it would explain why going on all the diets you guys suggested improved your symptoms. It would also explain why others around you are getting sick….because your colon is fully of bacteria and it could be leaking out with the smell. For me, I notice that when I’m not smelling, I do feel 2 resistances when I check myself and when I smell, only 1.  
This is my theory of the mechanism of the sphincter thing. I may be wrong but would like to share what I think the explanation would be. The internal sphincter is controlled by the enteric nervous system (NS) and the parasympathetic and somewhat by the sympathetic NS but your emotions can also affect hormone release which affects your bowels. The SNS is basically your fight or flight response. For example, soldiers that are put in stressful situations of war could experience shell shock which is caused by the SNS increasing blood flow to your muscles but decreasing blood flow to the GI.  It sounds like a paradox: decrease PNS activity should make your bowels quieter but for some reason it doesn’t. I don’t think this mechanism is fully understood yet. Another form of it is when people have to go to the bathroom when nervous. Although we don’t lose control, we still have some sort of smell wafting out. So, assuming the problem is not muscular, it must be nervous control. So basically what I’m trying to say is that emotions can affect what resting state your sphincter is in. If you are constantly thinking about it, the sphincter could be constantly open and over time, it gets used to being that way. Anyways, just my theory. Another cause could be muscle spasms at the anal sphincter that causes smells to waft out but seeing that the smell is constant, that might not be likely.
Sorry for the super long post….I just finished my midterms and I guess all that mental exercise this whole week just trigger my memory to what I learned in physiology.
I should also mention along with glutamine, probiotics, silver, i also trained my external sphincter muscle once or twice a day for 2-3 days by just squeezing and releasing it a few times and trying to hold it for some seconds. (can be done anywhere). Only the external sphincter muscle can trained like aj129 said.
But i doubt if this really did help or not and even if its a fecal odor, just saying, maybe it did.

I can just smell my stools like always, its definitely not less or gone. When i have to pass gas (air?) it has no smell, only when its a fart then i can smell it like usual.

My stomach feeling uncomfortable and making noises and all which where there after sleeping less for even one day are now almost gone too.
I had a similar issue but had a course of anti-biotics for another ailment and that fixed up my gut and that fecal smell and my stools were firm and not as frequent. Sulfite preservatives cause a fecal smell on my breath -- like a hydogen sulfite release or something of the like. Maybe talk to your doctor about the anti biotic (shouldn't overuse them of course) route.
After the antibiotics I took a heap of probiotics and also have turmeric each night mixed with water that also seems to help with gas etc -- all the best
If it's your internal sphincter the problem, doing exercises for the external sphincter won't help very much. Your internal sphincter is an involuntary muscle so you won't be able to control it physically. You can, however, control it mentally but I don't know how to do that. Sometimes running and not thinking about it helps for me but I'm rarely able to stop thinking about it.

The reason for firm stool could be that you are drying everything out before it comes out. That's what I think is happening to me but my doctors insist there's nothing wrong with my sphincter. I sometimes wish that they could experience how ****** we feel.
Yes it is very, very important  and psycholigical ( just found out) - to sit in a relaxed "powerful" position - yes I am at a computer mostly all day - slightly reclined - NOT forward - this sends "fightor flight" signals to our brain

also u must eat plant based foods - no junk foods (like chips) and take your probiotics (Natrene'shealthy trinity) and L-glutamine and other supplements

had my first ever COLONIC yesterday - on my continued journey to "re-boot" and regenerate my body !!!!

God Bless
I am slowly trying Candida diet. There was very less PATM reaction yesterday. But very very high reaction today. I dont know why?
I am also getting these weird noises coming from my stomach, everytime I lay down my stomach keeps rumbling like its hungry but its not
I looked it up and it says that it can be caused by an intestinal virus
do you think we have this?
@applemagnet maybe it just takes time or it is the detoxing effect (releasing the bad stuff) or its just not food related like me i guess? You should keep eating healthy at least until you know for sure, and if possible always.

@ I am also behind a computer a lot. I do bend forward, but try to do that less and lately i also have changed my setup so i can stand behind my screen when for quick things.

Did not know about anxiety and posture either. what i did know and thought about was the internal organs with bad postures.

Just normal bicarb or baking soda. Powder rather than the granular variety as it disolves better in water.
I eat meat but I have increased my veg intake and lots of fruit too. For my tongue I just use my brush but i give it a really good scrub all over. Combined with everything else it started to decrease in as little as a week and now I wake up and my tongue is pretty clear. Still scrub it each morning though :-)
I posted a link to an air purifier a while ago. PLEASE DON'T BUY IT OR USE ANY AIR PURIFIER THAT EMITS OZONE. IF YOU HAVE,  RETURN IT OR STOP USING IT.

I just read a study on how ozone can not only cause lung irritation but can cause liver damage as well as kidney damage. you can google it. I was using the air purifier and got worse.
i know how to deal with this,,
i had this for about 5 years
my english is not good but i'l try
stay away from coffee,, go near coffee and see the reaction of other people they will start coufing,
drink water non stop, evry 15 minutes,, dry mouth not good,,,
drink water 20 oz when you wake up after you do brush,,
eat tumric yellow poweder, indian store you'l find it ,,it makes blood clean ,,
stay away from dairy,, salt, suger, white food, bread, pasta like that,,
no oil or cheese butter, and no no no no no no heat,, stay away from heat that will make people cough,,
will post more tommorww, with step by step and you will get it over with this thing, in just 1 month.
@rahul579 about heat, i think that my PATM started around the spring season and now it's getting colder and my PATM reactions are less!

@All I am also starting to think more and more that i have about leaky gut and candida overgrowth. I know it's mentioned many times here, but i could not find a reason why i should have it. (no antibiotics used, no junkfood only occasionally (less than the average European)) Now i do think i have it just don't know when and what caused it.

I connected all non PATM things i have also to leaky gut (and candida), like for example my sweat smell from my armpit which are much sharper in smell and often happens also without any reason (no exercise or something else that would lead to a odor)
I will tell more later.

thanks barney...how's your patm now...?
This discussion was closed by the MedHelp Community Moderation team. If you have any questions please contact us