People Are Allergic To Me (PATM)
People are allergic to me. And a lot of other people around the world are suffering from this condition. Doctors do not beleive the reports, and most of them claim that we are crazy but we all know that we're far from being crazy. This condition causes so much heartache and stress. I have sent emails to CDC, NIH and WHO with no help. Would you please address this issue?
Hi cursed, I think that's the only course of action to get help.

You have to show him/her the reactions in person- Is there a a particular place where somebody repeatedly gets those reactions when hear him/her and does not get the reactions when you are away.

Random instaces of reactions will not be accepted as valid.
This is my current theory...

Since some of us are attracting dust, and most of us attract flies where their are flies, I feel something is attracting us. I feel that dust mites in the air or some bug is liking odor we emit. When I say odor, I don't mean body odor. I feel we might have a fruity and/or fungus scalp odor coming from our scalp/head.

I read that flies can attract to fruity and fungus odors from 30-40 feet away. That could explain PATM from long distance.

PATM has the same symptoms when a dust mite is present, so I feel we are attracting dust mites in the air.

So, we wonder, why is PATM so random?? Well, I think is that some places the air is more cleaner (for example, the doctor's office, where they have air humidifers that keep the air clean). Isn't PATM less when you are at the doc's office. Most people I heard on this forum say that.

I've been trying to heat (using hair dryer) my scalp/head, so the odor can go away. My PATM has reduced a bit, but it's still there.

Which doctors study odors/chemicals that our body gives off ?

One thing I don't understand is why my PATM is very less when I get a haircut or get my eyebrows done. Does this happen to anyone or is it always a coinidence for me?

Any other thoughts..? thanks..
Myself,

Bottomline- There are no Doctors that treat PATM.

Go to a therapist and show/prove him PATM. Take the therapist to places where you cause PATM to people. If you prove PATM to a therapist, then you can go to an Allergist with a credible medical witness and then this can get escalated and they will investigate.

Go to a therapist and say I think I have this thing we call PATM. I'd like to do exposure experiments to either confirm or rule out my observations.

Go to a therapist.You have to play by Doctor rules- they're not gonna play by yours. They went 8 years to school and they make $100,000 a year and there is nothing about PATM in the medicine books. Go to a therapist.
OMG i don't know what to do? I don't know if I can face another week of this PATM - its kinda ok on the weekend but being at work really brings the whole PATM situation back to reality!!!! This thing is destroying every aspect of my life - I hate it so much much - i really wonder if i can possibly go on like this for much longer. For those who don't beleive PATM is not real you can F^(&*k off!!! It is real, if you had it you would know! It's definately not imagined.
In the previous forum: http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Allergy/messages/264.html

KingKhan posted yesterday:
"the first thing I would like to say to all is relax- I have the cure...

I will post it up april 3,2008

I have read every comment in this forum, my brother also have this unknown disease.

I will give you the cause of this now.

It is cause by over use of soap when bathing..

I am %100 sure all you are victims of mass soap users...
See you aprail 8, 2008 for the CURE"

Let's wait....
Ive noticed that whenever im 10feet away from someone the allergic  reaction is at its worst,those people would start sneezing and coughing,but when im near for example to my sister when she talks to me before sleep she doesnt cough at all also her husband when im w/ them they try to make conversation w/ me when i sleepover in their apartment i noticed they dont cough when theyre very near to me,but when their far from me thats when they cough so loud,im afraid they would really get a lung infection because of me,its really weird?i think the air we exhale turned into something allergic compound when it mixes w/ the air?!?i also noticed it w/ the cashiers they dont do any sniffles when i pay for groceries and then yesterday i was waiting for a bus station i was so calm i try to stay my compusure and then im observing people walking in front of me if they would react,when they already passed me about afew meters away thats when  i already hear someone sneeze,but the woman standing beside me never react at all,i havent see her rub her nose?i got stressful day yesterday,ive seen my cousins transfer in our neighborhood,im so ashame to strike up a conversation w/ them,all i could do is wave and gave a monalisa smile for them and hide in my room ive change a lot from being a happy go lucky kinda girl to an outcast,living this abnormal life would make me go crazy,this PATM is really controlling for a long time i tried to fight w/ this but im starting to lose hope,at the end of these month if i cant see any improvement in my condition then im done...i tried a lot of times to win these battle,i think im destined to be a hermit and its hard to fight in our destiny,i may sound a loser but i think ive done my part beyond my limitations.For you guys who keep searching for cure,i salute you for being strong enough stay that way as long as you still have something to do and something to give,as for me i had no resources at all, i had been poured out spenting all my money and effort but gained nothing  but frustrations...
please get a hold on yourself...relax. i used to be just like you.

u need to understand that people rub their noses everyday. it's a normal thing. try to get it out of your head that it's you. yes, i know you are thinking, why do I always see people rubbing noses, sneezing, etc in far distance...please dont assume it's always U causing it. it's not. there are over 100 allergies in this world. PATM is one of them.

i recommend that you don't observe too much around u from far distance...else it's gonna get you and you'll be really really frustrated like you are now.

are you a girl or boy? what shampoo to you use? and body soap? how many times do you wash your hair? let me see if I can spot anything u are doing wrong.  

Hi Isolated,

Most of the time, you can only by repeated tests with the same person. Sneezes and coughs can happen whether or not you are on the bus.

What I am trying to say is try to be critical- A lof the reactions are not due to PATM or you.

My advice to eveyone is to try to get a therapist involved- why?

With a cooperative therapist you can set up "controlled" experiments versus random observations. The lady on the bus... how do you know she is reacting to patm, and that she does not ahve a cold or an allergy to something else?

You need to get feedback from the people that get the reactions, but you can't go around asking strangers.

Try to set up experiments with a doctor where you can get feedback from the people that get the reactions.
I DONT THINK ANYONE ON THIS POST CAN SAY THAT PATM IS NOT REAL. YES, WE COULD SAY THAT ITS SO MUCH RUNNING OUR LIFE INTO THE GUTTER, AS WE THINK EVERY TOM, **** OR HARRY IS RUBBING THEIR NOSES BECAUSE OF US.

ISOLATED, I FEEL WHAT YOU ARE GOING THRU, I HAVE WISHED NOT TO LIVE LIKE THIS SO MANY TIMES, BUT WHENEVER I READ ALL THE POSTS HERE, I GET THE  COMFORT OF NOT BEING ALONE. I AGREE ON EVERYTHING YOU SAY ABOUT PATM REACTIONS FROM A DISTANCE.

I ALSO KNOW THAT PATM IS A WICKED, CUNNING, AND DESTRUCTIVE DISORDER. I SAY THIS BECAUSE WHENEVER ONE WANTS TO PROOVE THIS DISORDER TO SOMEONE, IT DOSENT HAPPEN.

IF ANYONE FEELS DOWN, YOU ARE ALWAYS WELCOME TO WRITE TO ME AT keshimathatyahoodotcom. WE MUST WORK ON THIS TOGETHER.

GURUMATH
Thanks everyone for your support,yes this PATM is real ,i wont be sharing in this forum if im just imagining nor assuming things because it was really me whos making this people get sick.Whenever im around i always get allergic reaction from people thats why i quit my job because of this humilation.My co workers always get colds and i can hear them saying they got allergies,they never tell that it was me but i know that theyre refering to me,i try to avoid those people who got sinusitis or astmah because whenever im with them they wont stop coughing or sneezing,it was really scary that i get nervous when im w/ them,i feel so guilty because i make their allergy at worst.
I dont wanna be like this anymore,i had been into doctors after doctors and i dont know if another treatment can still help me and i cant avail it anymore,i had been taking candida treatment now and i noticed a little change in me physically but not w/ the allergic reaction,i still have them and people still cough and sneeze whenever im around.
About the shampoo and conditioner im using an antibacterial shampoo and a regular conditioner,im not really thinking that its has something to do w/ my hair,i had change my pilow cases and sheet into silk so i wont have that fury dust in my hair every morning since its not winter anymore.
I actually working more on the inside of my body but as i said i had tried almost every regimen and supplements suggested in curezone furom and it was just the same regimen people does here.Living in this condition is like living in hell.Thanks and hope we all get finds a cure soon before its too late...
Hi Isolated, I gave you an idea- Have you tried it?
Hi Guru,
If whenever you want to prove PATM it doesn't happen?
Either you are not doing a good job of proving PATM or you don't have it.
Again, I suggest you set up conclusive experiements with a Therapist to prove or rule out PATM.
Please participate in this very easy experiment. This could be quite a breakthrough if we get similar results.

1. Buy some Activia
2. Eat two a day for 3-5 days
3. Report whether you get fungus/feet/fruity type odor from...an area where only a female could.

I know it's gross, but this IS easily measurable and could be very informative.

Remember, you have to eat the Activia first and give it at least three days. Eat more in a single day for quicker results I would imagine.
I'd like to make another observation.

I believe now that looking inwards is the wrong approach.

We need to look outwards.

In other words, we need to ascertain who gets PATM and when does PATM happen?

For example, if you get on an elevator and person there shows the reactions of PATM, how do you know if it's PATM and not something else?

We need feedback from the people getting the reactions, but you can't go around asking strangers and co-workers, can you?

That is why I suggest to work with a therapist and and to set experiemnts where you can get the feedback required about PATM: who gets patm and when?

Is it possible that not one of us can find a therapist and set up experiments that will allow him/her to witness PATM??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
im going thru the same thing.I have noticed it since I was about 19, first year of college..It seems to be worse when im out in the sun and then come inside, I sweat alot, i have the white tounge, and I make everyone cough or sneeze, Without if 5 people are around me, at least one will sneeze or cough, Its weird though becuz its not everyone thats allergic to me. My family never coughs around me, my friends never cough around me. If i wear cologne and spry it on my arms and neck, it seems to make the situation worst. So lately ive been just spraying my shirt and ive experienced less of a reaction from people. I went and played poker at the casino last night and sprayed my shirt, and no one coughed. but it wasnt hot outside either, it was nighttime, so that could have also been the reason. How many of you spray cologne on ur body? Try just spraying ur shirt and see what type of reaction you get.I really think this has something to do with the reaction, its like it makes it superstrong or somethng.
I have actually gotten one of my therapists(yes I have more than one) to perform some "tests" in public. Unfortunately, it was a total failure. Not a sneeze or cough anywhere near me, even while waiting in a long line. My therapist doesn't seem to be affected by my PATM either.

To danger: When I was 19 my symtoms were similar to yours Unfortunatley, they got worse with age. If i were you, I would make sure I eat healthy, stay away from smoking, drugs and alcohol. Exercise regularly. Maybe start taking a mild social anxiety med to control the stress. Also use a soap-free, ph balanced wash in the shower. Good luck
Having more than one therapist is a great idea.

Isn't there anyone that you know that gets reactions on a consistent basis?

Perhaps if you volunteer at some kind of community center, someone there will develop patm when near you- then you can bring it the therapist to witness.

Line-ups are not a good idea- the time is to short and as I've said in previous posts, we may have been confusing PATM with random reactions because we are oversensitized to such allergy-like reactions.

If I may suggest, first find people that react to you consistently and make sure that your rule out people that get these reactions for other reasons. Once you have identified a scenario and people that will react to you, bring in the therapist.

How does that sound?
does anyone have a problem trying to smoke cigarettes around other people? ive quit now, but when i use to smoke it made the patm 80 percent worse!
also does anyone notice that people around you become sleepy or their eyes begin to burn?
People are allergic to cigarretes? that should be a new forum for debate.....
This discussion was closed by the MedHelp Community Moderation team. If you have any questions please contact us
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.