People Allergic to Me (PATM) Community
People Are Allergic To Me (PATM)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to PATM - People Allergic to Me.

Viewing 7801-7830 comments:
I really hate having this... the stare as you go in, the cough and sneezing as you come in... i really want this to go away...

i have tried:
the wild rose diet
Betaine HCl
COD liver oil
Omega 3
Now Foods Candida Support Formula

its just not working , i really dislike the effects that it has on my friends and family. I go to SJSU , imagine when the doors are locked...:(

some background - was on 9 month treatment for having dormant tb , have light asthma , ate lots of candy as a kid , used Whey protein for muscle build up while working out. ...this thing started around my 18-19

question: does wearing cotton or certain fabrics increase your reactions?

God bless you, please hang in there -u can do this !   start taking epsom salt baths, go to a sauna at least a couple of times each week if u can, get L-glutamine powder (very important) - take about 2-3 tablespoons with each meal  ( I put it in each smoothie I have daily )

u also should do probiotics each day  and also get some oregano oil capsules with p73 on the label to get your healing started

no fragrances - I use  unscented Dove soap and  TIDE original liquid for laundry

food choices for me :  plant based- fruits and lots of green veggies, nuts and seeds, shrimp

NO:  processed foods, fried foods, meat, dairy, gluten, SUGAR ( i use Stevia )

I truly hope this gives u confidence that u also can become PATM free with a lot of  proactive choices !!!

U got this !!!!
also  :  Vitamin D3 and  B12 and continue with your  Omega 3
Day 7 of my diet, my the stiffness has left my fingers, no joint aches anywhere even my plantar fasciitis gone but still have patm.   How long did it take you to get rid of patm symptoms?
what  "diet"  are you on ?

I am NOT on a diet - my food choices/supplements,oil pulling  are NOT temporary, this is a lifestyle change  which for me is  365 days a year -  

if I go back to   my old eating habits of eating processed food,fast food, junk food etc. -   PATM will return - that is my experience

Congratulations on your proactive choices which have resulted in your better health

becoming PATM free took me many months of trial and error (check out my earlier posts on this forum) it took time to heal my body of patm by trying soooo many things - which probably helped also along the way

I was NOT interested in a quick-fix or band-aid approach
I understand I did a total lifestyle change 10 years ago as my Dr was going to put me on cholesterol drugs.  But with changing what I was eating & exercising was able to control without drugs.  It took me about 3 months to get everything completely under control & with maintaining the lifestyle I haven't had a cholesterol problem.  I was just curious if this would take a similar amount of time, more or less?
I had never thought to try to heal PATM with what I ate as I thought what I ate was healthy.  I see now I had too much dairy for sure and too many complex carbs.  Now I'm a little worried because I can't have my oatmeal with cinnamon in the morning which really helped control the cholesterol  so need to balance everything.
u said u are on day 7 of your diet ?????????

what have u been doing for the last 7 days  ???????
The definition of the word diet when I use it is:  the kinds of food that a person, habitually eats.

My diet for the last 10 years to control my cholesterol was been very high in grain fibers, vegies,fruit, lean chicken or pork, fish  & low fat dairy only I did eat very much processed food but still had sugar in my diet.  

So with every read here & elsewhere I decided that my diet of 10 years needed to change again so I've removed the grains, removed the dairy, removed all the fruit & high starch vegies & sugars to try to get rid of any candida in my system quickly as possible.  In about a week  I was planning on slowly adding back some fruits & some of the veggies like beans that I've eliminated for the initial period, at that time I was planning get rid of all the meat except fish because I would be able to get enough protein from beans.

But my plan was to get rid of what I thought was the worst the carbs & sugars that would feed candida then morph into more of a gap diet.    Which from what I see is what you are basically following as a lifestyle diet.
I have read all your posts but it's hard because without reading the whole thread I only see one side of many conversations.  I maybe also in error on what you eat it may have always been as it is today.  

With me right now it's about eliminating then reintroducing some foods to see how they effect me.  I see lots of trial & error.
yes, lots of trial and error in my journey !!!  

it is a full time job to become healthy !

I am thankful to be PATM free !  God's continued best to you always !!!
Did you have any other symptoms besides  PATM? Was it yeast infection related? What was your diet consist of? & how long did it take you to get cured?
Anxiety can also develop chemical imbalances because anxiety genuinely affects our brain chemicals. The way we think and our emotions is known, without a doubt, to cause problematic releases of serotonin. So it's possible that we though something is wrong with us like infections doesn't exist & we need to stay positive, live a stress free life and correct our brain chemical balances in our brain and boost our serotonin levels.  Maybe that's why when we go to doctors & they don't find anything wrong with us  
any one can try to drink own urine
Amazing site. I've been suffering from PATM for nearly 3 years it would appear! Everyone's thoughts are so familiar to me.  Thank you so much for your help.
Hi, I am so glad to meet you here. I've been eduring patm for about 6 months.
I have read all your posts about patm. And i think Vit B may be the key to us.
I am so appreaciate that you are sstil here to share with us. And I am also going to take a fruit and vegtable based diet and it seems makes a differece to me. And i want to kown what do you take as your Staple food.
welcome and God Bless you for your kindness !

plant based foods for me, fruits, veggies (lots of green veggies), nuts, seeds, shrimp

I like  dr joel fuhrman - Nutritarian lifestyle - google for info
I recommand you to try vitaminB2, wish do some help.
Pls come and report your conditions, we need communicate, especially those who is getting better!
  Thankyou very much fou your kindness!! I will insist my diet.
Does anyone here who know chemistry or chemistry related subject? I am sure that the odor (whether smelly or not) from our breath or pores must be a kind of irritant gas. Only if we find out what the gas is, we can find the disease finally.
We just need a chemical test or analysis to find out these “amazing odor”! And I also believe that the odor emits from every pore, especially our breath.
I really hope that you can stand out to find the reason, and do not just stay in your comfortable zone to complain.
Everyone, just cheer up!

Dear gratefull2011, do you have any idea about this?
  no  knowledge about chemistry or science , sorry
I agree...di we have any chemist here
Hi, I´m from Perú and I´ve suffering this weird condition since I was 19, now
I´m 22...As you may know, it´s very difficult to deal whit, Only hope we could find a treatment, at least, I don´t think Icould find one in my country...I was sent to a psychologist and psychiatry... If yo guys find a cure, please help us all...Please forgive my English, thank you
Hi, how are you going now with the new diet?
It's going good I've had lots of improvements in my general health but my patm seems to be at a medium level,  I expect it will take a long time, I've heard it can take months to get gluten out of your system, not sure if it's part of the them problem.

How much B2 do you take daily?, I take a B complex now was wondering if that is enough.
Ok this first part (just venting) I don't know about anybody else but I seem to have thoughts of suicide more and more lately. I don't think a life like this is worth living if we can't find a cure or a treatment. The crazy part is it seems to be getting worst. I've had patm for about 7 months now, but I've had tmau symptoms aka an odor for almost 3 years now. I just recently though, like the last couple weeks, just started to react to myself with the coughing I mean. So whatever it is its getting worst. The unbelievable part is that I remember not having any of this it seems almost like a dream now.

When I sweat and I wipe the sweat of my face I seem to get this weird smell I don't know how to describe it maybe like medicine or like sick people whatever that means. I wonder if that's what other people smell.  
However sometimes when I drink water (only with water) sometimes  I will get this smell like poop or something like that, almost like the water allows me to smell better for a few seconds. Maybe my sense of smell is faulty or something. Does anybody else get similar smells and does a nybody else react or cough at themselves?

I have not gone to the clinic because I am usually counting my penies and its usually a choice between paying the rent and eating for another month or try the clinic. I would choose the clinic in a heartbeat only if I knew that they would be able to help me out. I wouln't mind staying homeless for a bit you know, but unfortunately I have no faith in doctors no more. What if I waste my money for that month and They can't help me at all and only take my money. There are free clinics but how much can a free clinic help?
does anybody else have this problem?

Ok thanks for letting me ven't. Now for my 2 cents. The only clue that I have is this.  The only clue that I have to bring to the discussion is this.
Back when I first started getting these symptoms, before the coghing. I had people sniffing around me like they smelled something. I thought that it could be parasytes because I also had some problems going on with my stomach and dygestive system. So I wen't to the dr and explained my problems with my dygestive system ( I did not mention the smell part because I figure that the smell might be too relative like not everyone might smell me you know) and he suggested that maybe instead of parasytes it might be a bacteria that produces symilar symptoms to parasytes I guess.
He ran the test and said that the blood test came back positive. He said that I had a high level of this bacteria. He gave me a antibiotic treatment but I never completed it because the side affects got just intolerable but now I wish I would have finished it. I also never went back to check if the bacteria had gone or anything. I plan on doing so once I am able to afford it.

I don't know if this may have anything to do with anything. Its just my only clue. The bacteria was suppositely called Helicobacter pylori or Hpylori. I've done a little bit of research on this bacteria and its a particularly nasty and hard bacteria to kill off. It is also the most common bacterial infection but most people who have it however are asymptomatic.
Not everything is yet known about this bacteria and there seems to be so many articles on the internet the link this bacteria to more and more medical conditions everyday. Its seems to be really hard to kill ( but not impossible) also there is evidence that this bacteria seems to cohabitate with candida fungus. So they strengthen each other making it that much more difficult to get rid off. Also these bacteria seems to break down urea into carbon dioxide and amonia (ammonia) that might be relevent also.

Ok thats my only real clue, but it may have nothing to do with this at all even. Please let me know what you guys think and if any of you guys share similar symptoms? If any of you guys been diagnosed with Hpylori?
Thanks for listening. Let me know what you guys think.

God bless you always with courage and action, 365 days a year - to be come patm-free !!!

L-glutamine powder with each meal gets rid of the ammonia in our bodies

what are your food choices each day ?
Have you ever been tested for this bacteria?

NO

what are your food choices each day ?
I eat what I can afford. It can't be just the food . There is a lot of people that eat the way I do or even worst and they don't have this. There has got to be something else. Please let other people answer my questions if you can't thank you.
Hey!

I also have PATM, have had it for approx 10 months now, and same as you, it is really getting me depressed.

I just went to a practitioner in frequency scanning, which basically sends electrical pulses with different frequencies through your body, and the idea behind it is like this: Every parasite, virus, bacteria, mold etc can be "excited" by a specific frequency, in the same manner that water is excited through microwaves in a microwave oven. It may sound hippie-like or strange but it actually works, it has some fundamental similarities with atomic physics.

In addition to some old stuff that I already new I was suffering from, like a candida overgrowth, was the Helicobacter Pylori bacteria.

I've got an appointment with a doctor on Tuesday to do a H Pylori test, I'll of course let you know the results.

I think your idea of the H Pylori/Candida-badass combination producing ammonia is a very reasonable cause, however, should that not be the case, it might be some sort of amino acid deficiency. I recommend to google "how to remove ammonia healthyawareness" and see the first link for some recommended amino acid combinations. L-glutamine might reduce patm-symptoms for some, it didn't do it for me. It seems that a combination of amino acids might be a better ammonia remover for the balance of your whole system.

Good luck and a really good weekend to all of you!
Oh, and I would also like to thank everyone of you that posts and discusses possible cures and solutions here, you are making a difference at least for me, giving hope that we someday will be free of this.

Thanks!
God loves you always !!!!
5mg/day, do you have any improvement after taking B complex?
   How many of you have ever taken the "Trimethylaminuria" test? Now, i really doubt that the odor is TMA. Coz most of us have been through the bad odor before PATM. I think the PATM is the result of Increased concentration of TMA which is irritant.
   As I obeserve, the efficent way we try to free of patm is just the same as the way we avoid tma.
   Have any pataer taken the TMA test? And could you pls post your result here?
   thankyou very much!!
Hey all!

Interesting news about the H. Pylori eckiuME23, and it could explain why the L-Glutamine is working (since this bacteria is in our stomach lining)..

Wikipedia about H Pylori:

"Two related mechanisms by which H. pylori could promote cancer are under investigation. One mechanism involves the enhanced production of free radicals near H. pylori and an increased rate of host cell mutation."

Maybe this is why the people are reacting around us, maybe the H. Pylori can activate other bacteria from distance (which would confirm the different reactions from people).

Anyways still I do think that the root Canals treatments are not good for our immune systems. The last one which was done to me was not well done (my dentist said this) and told me that I have to come back. And the dentist also confirmed there is a bacteria in this root canal.. I'm making an apointment with my regular doctor next week to discuss this matter.

Even if you come up with things like other people on the side of the telephone are reacting to me, the only thing I could think of is an overreacted liver. But even this is due to the overload of bacteria that are entering your system because of an suppressed immune system.

Anyways maybe not everyone has a root canal filled with bacteria, then there should be something else which is suppressing the immune system.

I bought some L-Glutamine again, my name was before Itchylife and I was the first to mention this (I lost my e-mail access).. But I can tell you that this really helps, An other cheaper remedy that helped for the PATM is Vit c with unrefined sea salt (You will only notice this after some time taking it though), but this is an cheaper way of treating your symptoms. This time there is some B12 in my Glutamine so I'm kind of curious what it will do for me! I'll keep you up to date.

Greetings!

Mr_Feelbetter a.k.a. Itchylife
Thank you for answering and please let us know. I was wondering do you think I could go to a free clinic and ask for an Hpylori test? I couldn't tell them about patm. I would have to make something up don't you think?
I also think that it has to be somekind of gas either is or similar to tmau but I just don't have the money to get tested. Thanks for bringing it up. I hope we find something soon.
Hi thank you for posting the Hpylori is something I threw out there because thats my only real clue, but like I said it may have nothing to do with this at all. It does seem to be a really nasty bacteria tough and it is being linked to more and more health conditions. I , however, also have dental problems so I cant discard that either. We have to try everything we can as long as is safe. Thanks
Yes, I think it might be a good idea to at least save the PATM-symptoms for a better day, I think it would be enough to say that you've previously been diagnosed with H Pylori and that the symptoms you experienced last time have come back.

I told the doctor over the phone about my symptoms (except for the PATM ones for obvious reasons) which are my more and more frequent acid refluxes, periodic pains in the upper stomach, that I never feel hungry anymore, and my more or less permanent fatigue. I also told her about my meeting with the frequency therapist of which she surprisingly was positive to and found very interesting.

Yes, I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much, but since we now are two with indications of having the same bacteria it seems like a good idea to investigate it.

Looking forward to hear more from you all!

Thanks for the reply. Its funny you mention acid reflux because I get that almost every other night now.
Oh okay, at first I forgot to mention the refluxes, but later in the conversation she asked me specifically if I'd had any refluxes and said that it was a very typical H Pylori-symptom. So there you go! :)
I've taken the B complex for years, my husband calls it brain food.  I haven't noticed that it helps with patm.  But I think with patm we need a cocktail of things to get rid of it.  In the B complex I'm getting 50mg of B2
I also find I need to take the B complex in the morning because my brain doesn't want to turn off at night if I take it in the evening.
welcome back Itchylife !!!!!!!    yes we all owe u a debt of gratitude for being the

FIRST one to research and share this life changing supplement with this forum :

L-glutamine - thanx to you I remain PATM free !!!!!   I now take it with each meal.

You informed us about L-glutamine  way back in   2012 !!!!!!!

God's continued best to you always  Mr_ Feelbetter !!!!
hi hopeful on day four of oxy powder and saw no change, how long did it take u to see improvements.
Hello everyone I'm a 19 year old male, I've been lurking the these forums for a few months now and decided to post before I left for a little bit. I have fecal body odor and PATM, no matter how many times I shower and no matter how much deodorant I put on I still smell like poop sometimes. Even after having such a terrible condition I also have a gas or something similar that my body gives off, the feeling that you get when you have mucus in the back of your throat is happening to everyone around me.

I have to swallow every 10 seconds or clear my throat to get rid of it and whenever I go into a room or near people they start clearing their throats and coughing. Before this happened I was already eating healthy and only drinking water and coffee; even when I stopped drinking coffee my problem got worse if anything. I was also really active at this time running about 6 miles a day but the "gas" in the back of my throat makes it ridiculously hard to breath properly when running.  

My biggest problem is I'm from a low income family so I couldn't buy anything except cheap probiotics, probiotics helped a little bit by clearing up the smell most of the days but PATM is still there, having to clear your throat/swallow every 10 seconds and making every single person I've met during my symptoms clear their throats and cough for a year and a half have already caused so much mental damage to me, I believe even if I clear up my PATM and fecal body odor I will still be scarred the rest of my life.

I am going to Army basic training November 18th and I hope I will be able to try some of the things mentioned on this board with the money I earn but I'm not sure if I can deal with this during my entire military career and hope that we can all finally get this **** over with.
Four days is too short of a time.  Take it for at least 10 days, four pills a night, preferably on an empty stomach.  Have as many bowel movements as possible to rid yourself of the toxins.  Have patience, change doesn't come overnight.  Good luck!!
Viewing 7801-7830 comments: