People Allergic to Me (PATM) Community
People Are Allergic To Me (PATM)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to PATM - People Allergic to Me.

Viewing 7601-7602 comments:
i agree...we need someone who can do new findings and researches and experiments....doctors just go by the book.And they are not progressing at all.
I am going to get the hiB/menC booster vaccine tomorrow, I will let you guys know if I do find any improvement in patm. That is the haemophilus influenzae type b/ meningitis C booster vaccine. I cannot find a place where they do hib on its own.
That's why I said in Texas, where ray2502's allergist works. Dr. Flanagan and Saraf seem to have in interest in what we are experiencing, even ray2502 said to call them!
I feel like everyone is just trying different things to see if it works but it never goes away 100% so we need to try other avenues
I hear you big time on point 5. As seekinganswers3000 confirmed, there is that component which I think is very common with most on this thread. But. The bad odour only seems to get to certain people and ill back it up by mentioning that my psychiatrist and my psycologist who I've seen plenty of times (for other reasons) since contracting PATM are the only people who believe that I have/could have this condition but they are convinced that nothing is affecting them and if it does they are not aware of it but are still wise enough to agree that I could be emitting something .
What frustrated the hell out of me was trying to bash into the heads of  others that an allergy does not have to be smelt in order for it to exist.

Back to the smelling part.
The blatant placing of the cupped hand millimetres from the nose is a common action. I even have a 'friend' who places his forefinger straight across his nostrils. i mean come on seriously, can you possibly make it more blatant. He's extremely tactless compared to other more sensitive/emotionally-intelligent people who will do it the more discreet way.
One joke I make, if you can call it that,  to some close family and friends when they react is "Shouldn't you see a doctor, you've been coughing for years, surely a lung X-ray is due" or "don't you know it's bad to touch your face, you don't want black heads do you?" And the like.
For years i've tried to kid myself that surely it's not a bad odour, its just an irritant that the reactor is totally unaware of. Sometimes that assumption felt like it was true but Ill live with the fact that its not.
It really hurts us or anyone who knows that they give off an unpleasant smell. Its one hell of a blow to our self esteem  its up to us to make a serious conscious decision that either i'm going to try my damdest to get rid of this, per GRATEFUL2011's advice or deal with it (i'm so grateful for you guys because without the advice you've posted i'd be screwed - I wouldn't now where to start). We can reduce it, 50% is a huge step.

During my worst times I would often ponder that I would be willing to exchange PATM for any physical disease or virus. I would happily welcome cancer and months and months of painful chemo, My mom had breast cancer quite recently, I lost a friend through it all, a number of other  acquaintances. I don't mean to offend anyone who has endured it, Cancer is just an example.My point is that any phys disease is something tangible, something known and proven, something that all humans can sympathise with; something that can be cured. I feel extremely sorry for any person who suffers extreme mental conditions, specifically schizophrenia sufferers and all the different forms of it . Their paranoia, their beliefs in strange things happening; their fear of objects that aren't present, Everything that disturbs them can be attributed to our suffering, not that we are crazy (I hate that term describing anyone), but the principle of others knowing and refusing to acknowledge our condition as being to the very least a distinct, sane possibility.

One more thing, pretty profound if you really think about it. Ask yourself: why/how did this condition SUDDENLY start - how did my mind start processing that something is wrong; Was it only due to a sudden acknowledgement of reactions. Had I not given any thought to what was happening would things be a bit different. These simple questions are something I believe most of you might have pondered in the past.
The one reason I ask all these questions and I address GRATEFUL and anyone who is totally cured is what happened when reactions suddenly vanished. How conscious were you really of the sudden halt, or did it have a latent effect like "Something was out of place there". "Something that has troubled me for years has disappeared". I ask you this because the way (mental processing) people get PATM is the same way they get free of it. Rambling always, anyway would love to hear your views on this.

Thanks for reading (If you did), i just felt like penning some of my thoughts to you all.
Pogo, I have been free of PATM before (it obviously came back).  I noticed it went away the more I got my mind off of it (and reduced stress, anxiety, and depression).  It's coupled with happiness about other things (besides being free of PATM) so you kind of just notice it slip away with your increased happiness/stability.  
Pogo, I know first hand what you've been suffering with. It's extremely frustrating to have something that affects every aspect of your life and there's no place to turn for help (dr and dr proved useless for me). This condition causes people to be anti-social, interferes with maintaining steady employment(constantly losing and getting new jobs), makes dating almost impossible, and something as simple as having lunch with a friend at a restaurant torturous.

After nearly two decades of suffering, I have finally made some improvement with diet change. I also agree with hellodolly, in that you have to commit to being happy no matter what and try to be as happy and as positive as possible. Every time, without fail, I'm out with my friends, they are constantly rubbing their noses, sniffling, and coughing. I try to have a good time despite this and still continue to hang out whenever I'm asked even though I know what the reactions will be.

It's tough, Pogo, but hang in there. My symptoms are starting to fade and ppl are reacting a little less, so progress is being made. I changed my diet, exercise more often and made a conscious effort to stress less. I also push myself to socialize more despite reactions. You have to live life to the fullest no matter what. We will conquer this. I know it.
wow, wow. Remember someone mentioned Saccharomyces boulardii  helping? Then i mentioned blue cheese, both of which contain beneficial yeasts.

Well, I was on another forum when someone mentioned PATM reactions and the person said she gets less reactions when she takes a drink called 'Kombucha'. So i googled Kombucha, guess what it is made of ? ...... fermented black tea that contains bacteria and yeast. SO THIS IS THE 3RD TIME PEOPLE MENTION FOOD CONTAINING YEAST HELPING.  
sodium bi carbonate helps to reduce my patm
hey pogo651, u rock !  thank you for your generous and kind words !

i believe patm is always possible and is dependant upon our choices we make each day - so if I decide to go bacto my old habits of poor food choices and unhealthy lifestyle  - my patm will return !!!! I have experienced this before

we are sensitive to peoples reaction around us - since discovering we have patm - so when we finally make proactive choices to get rid of the patm and it amazinglystarts to make a difference - and start to notice people are no longer sniffling, rubbing their nose, coughing etc - when u are around

it is such a great, reborn, uplifting, freedom, peace and joy feeling- we can dance again yesssssss !!!!!!!!

I am thankful for each patm free moment I have and respect it by continuing  to  make healthy choices  24/7 , 365 days  year joyfully !!!!!

God's continued best always, u got this - never ever give up !!!!!
Ok, i found Kombucha locally, it's expensive though, like 4$ for 450ml. However, you can make it yourself with a starter kit.
I tried Kombucha years ago thinking it would help, and had a terrible experience with it. It aggravated my symptoms. However, it may just be me personally that it affects. I say give it a try. It may work.

hi folks, i've got my tests back and everything looks normal except I've got vit d deficiency. so my doc prescribed me a powerful vit d supplement (50K UI per week/12 weeks) I don't recommend you take such large dose unless you test and the test comes back low. I will report back in a few weeks once I give the supplement a chance to make an impact. it was a bit difficult to convince the doc to order the vit d test, so go prepared with some good reasons for it (other than PATM of course).
sarcos - that's great you went to your doctor and got those tests.  Get those vitamin D levels up!  =)

All - I drink Kombucha all of the time lol.  I like the taste of it.  It IS expensive but it's my little treat.  I've made it before too, it looks gross lol (well obviously, it's a culture).  
I wouldn't recommend Kombucha for treating PATM.  It can definitely aggravate symptoms.

HOWEVER --

I use Kombucha to treat another symptom I have -- body odor.  It is the only supplement I've found to be effective for that.  It was tricky, because while I was trying to figure out how to treat the PATM, the Kombucha I was taking for the body odor was having a negative effect.

Then, after I took the Sacc Boulardi and Spanish Black Radish for PATM, and it got cured, I was able to take the Kombucha (and still am doing so) to suppress body odor.  So, there was no more aggravation, because my candida problem wasn't big anymore.  The brand I buy is Raw Kombucha from Garden of Life, but other good options include the Swanson and Vitamin Shoppe brands.
I thought it was crazy to google such a thing, but I did and can't believe there are other people experiencing this. I first noticed this among my course mates  particularly the ones who have hay fever. They would sneeze pathologically and their eyes would get irritated always in my presence. The same happened when I started to work recently, people at my workplace would start sneezing suddenly and seemed to be puzzled why it happens. I am not giving away my concerns and I hope they will not link it to me as that would be such a crazy thought....
I think it must be infection, bacteria etc causing this. I think I have low grade infection in my lungs followed by lung infection few years ago. I have constant tickling feeling in my trachea and left shoulder blade pain, which I think is radiating from top of my left lung. Doctors say it is not possible to have infection for such a long time and think it is nerve related. I think it is infection though. All my symptoms are also accompanied by really bad breath. Thing that I found helps a bit is garlic, funny enough to my bad breath as well. Once I eat whole fresh garlic clove all my symptoms get better after two days and they stay improved for about 3-4 days and then I have to repeat all my garlic thing again. I have been dealing with this for 4  years now and it really is frustrating. I had antibiotic treatment 2 years ago for h-pylory and it cleared all my symptoms for 2 months, but they gradually came back. This is why I am convinced it is bacteria related and since garlic has some antibiotic properties it helps a bit but not completely. So I think those people around my are experiencing a defence reaction to this bacteria or what ever is cause of my chronic infection. Does anybody else have similar concerns?
Thanks for the feedback on Kombucha, I'm still gonna try it.
I have similar symptoms as well..
thank you hopeful12345 for sharing, wih us - the great benefits of :

spanish black radish   and  saccharomyces boulardii

just got mine and will now be part of my daily choices !!!
Hey guys, a major researcher on this has contacted me ..

Contact me by PM if you want details :D
There's help and an end to this I promise..
Hi dear. Nice to hear your voice again. You are on the right path, thank God. Only a research will redeem us. Nothing else but scientific research. We are willing to assist your researcher in whatever manner possible. One area they must concentrate on is the sweat. Certain components in our sweat could hold the key to the PATM mystery. Please inbox me the details on our fb group page. Im very much interested
besides sneezing, blowing noses, covering nose/mouth, itchy sinuses, does anyone's patm cause people to become say, sleepy and tired/exhausted?
yes i have if  that happen with me  every day people sitting near my they feel sleepy and tired
omg .....patm related our energy field there is another group hy guys search your google ....why people sleepy around me I am shocked and there talking about energy field ...probably ...satvik energy ....wow...I found my answer people not coughing and snezzing they sleepy tired exhausted ...around me every day
yh people get headaches,throwp tired/exhausted, aroundme
yup.. feeling of tiredness.. sleeping.. eyes watering.. getting angry lol.. these are the symptoms which i give out as well..  well, i have been trying to follow a healthy diet.. yeah, there has been some reduction in the odor i guess..ppl not complaining about the odor much now.. but still ppl do cough..like there is some dust in air.. so.. have to keep on fighting!
No problem!  Happy for you!
Hi Worsethanjob,

Great to hear you too.. didn't think you got my message before on the facebook page.. no probs will email you

This researcher wants to take all of us on.. please inbox me if you haven't guys...

this is literally our prayers answered xxx
and we just need to talk to the guy online. No personal appearances , completely anonymous..

In fact, use the names or create a false name on the fb page we have 'patm community' and he'll talk to us on there.
Yup that too..is not new to me. i get that alot to. But to hell with them...dont get it on your nerve..refocus.think of getting back to your life.what makes yu happy.this thinking will make you inhale fresh aire. Sometimes i make fun of it.....When ever i am with pipol ...i already imagine a particular person reaction and i already exhale it in my mind..then i inhale fresh bright happy ideas and words like God, faith, happiness, money...then i exhale and think of the opposite like anger,uncertainty , unconfident or whatever negative feeling im feeling rigth now.kind of inegrates me to what i want and what ive just been a moment ago.Making me choose which one i want better....then i inhale agen thinking only of the goodies..and exhale..and do again the comparison. As long as u do this ull see less reaction.
Hey 1st post

tried dannon activa garden blue berry yogurt.  has really helped with my symptoms the 2 days i have taken it
So glad you shared that. To survive and overcome this, it really is super important to be as positive as possible. I won't oversimplify it and say that it's easy, but you really have to try as hard as you can. That's how I've maintained all these years.

On a side note... For those suffering from bad breath, I've recently found that eating yogurt works and the freshness lasts for hours. Personally, I plan to couple this with oil pulling in the mornings as suggested by grateful2011. This, of course, is in addition to regular brushing and flossing.
Glad it worked for you. I had a major setback with it after nearly 6 wks of dramatically reduced symptoms. No more for me. :(
I think we need fruit enzymes and probiotics work as grest team
So do u mean it no longer works for u .probabli just have to give it some break and bring it back aftersometime
It's never worked for me, but everybody is different. Activia is loaded with sugar which may be part of the reason for me.
Hey friends, here's the solution.
1 be patient. Time is your healer
2 make the decision every morning to be happy and create positive energy
3 pray each day, or at least make a conscious decision within yourself to calm down and be grateful internally
4 stop eating processed junk. Anything from a factory, has probably lost its nutrition.  Junk food undoes the healing process.
5 balance your diet, fruit, vegetables, seeds, nuts... Meat, dairy and starchy foods like grains should be limited to keep you fresh healthy and light. If you cheat, never feel bad. Eat at least half of your F & V Raw. Try to never overeat, instead choose to feel out your emotions. Observe the mind.
6 as you go along your journey dont let any person or any persons reaction make you feel guilty, your positivity heals you.  Keep your vibration high.
7 tell someone you love them each day. If you haven't anyone to tell, better yet, tell God.
Minor addition, if you don't believe in God. Tell yourself "I love you" self love is also very important.

If you are looking for a dietary guideline to help realign the intestinal flora.
Please check out GAPS online.

This is very famous for healing the digestive system.
It has to do with staying away from certain types of carbs starches and sugars (saccharides) that remain undigested in a damaged bowel, feeding pathogens and creating inflammation that prevents the bowel wall from healing and stops friendly bacteria from repopulating. Probiotics essential, the instructions are all online with many sites to choose from its a worldwide healing technique. all will be explained just check it out. Gut and Psychology Syndrome (GAPS)
Thanks for your posts. A lot of what you mentioned has been discussed and suggested here (check out some earlier posts to get an idea). Most of us are already on diets of some kind, taking probiotics, herbal supplements, vitamins, and even vaccines in hopes to reduce or possibly eliminate this issue altogether. Since the immune system is located in the gut, this is the first area most ill people tend to target first. On being positive... this is super important. It's difficult at times when confronted with reactions from other people, but we must try daily. Again, thanks for your recommendations.
That's cool. It's just all about time and balance and minimising things in our diet that are overly processed. Balance in all thngs including your mind. The interesting thing about GAPS is that it bridges the link between the issues of mental balance and balance in the gut. I think our issue does stem from something related to emotions. Controlling our emotions is a big deal, and we should talk about this more  especially the healthy expression of emotions. This is a good place for that. But at the end of the day how we express ourselves day to day is what matters, along with loving intentions toward those around us as long it's done in a way that is soothing. Release and let go :-)
yo guys buttermilk  it has probiotics and ithelps with digestive probms
Worrying, stressing or over the top consideration of what our next food, supplement or healing concept is going to be only makes it harder for our mind to do all the other 10 trillion processes it has to do this second. Chillax and just focus on being in a positive space. Get a massage. Take a bath. Let the mind do it's job. The ultimate probiotic is homemade KEFIR , YOGHURT or if your vegan SAUERKRAUT. If you research GAPS you will learn how to make all of it. I'm sure buttermilk is good for you, the less processed the better, if you have it in moderation and also enjoy it with a smile I'm sure it will do you good.
what do u guys do at freetime and does the reactions bother you
During free time ( which is lots of of no job :D )  i watch movies.. inspirational or sad movies which would help to cry :P .. now a days i am learning slowly to ignore the reactions.. hope i get better at it. but its hard
Has anyone experience less patm when coming home from doing groceries or shopping compare to prior where ur just on your way to shopping or grocery....less patm after yuuve done the groceries....hahah strange patm very comnected to our emotions..like some energy block when were thinking too much on what to buy..
It's obvious what is happening, Our soul, something that we cant necessarily control shakes or "floats".
What causes us to float?
everything we look at will cause us to float. That is why, might you have realised or not realised the hallucinations and voices.
We are emotionally distressed. That is to a severe degree.
I am new to this forum..and would like someone to tell me more about the Candida yeast overgrowth... My gender is female and I believe I often smell down there but no itching or soreness associated with a yeast infection...so I am not sure if I have an infection or is it just overgrowth?
A trip to your gynecologist should get to the root of the matter. Fortunately, for you, your symptoms are not consistent with PATM. Good luck!
Hi Guys

I have prepared a quick survey which won't take long to fill out.

We need to get a number of people to answer it so that we know whether certain things help improve PATM symptoms or not.

The link is as follows (obviously I can't put the full link in as it will get auto-deleted but try typing the following:

Normal "http"  then type "bit" then "dot" then "ly/" then "1s6Gq1l"

It would be great if you could please respond I will try and post the final result once we have a few responses. this will help us all.  
Viewing 7601-7602 comments: