People Are Allergic To Me (PATM)
People are allergic to me. And a lot of other people around the world are suffering from this condition. Doctors do not beleive the reports, and most of them claim that we are crazy but we all know that we're far from being crazy. This condition causes so much heartache and stress. I have sent emails to CDC, NIH and WHO with no help. Would you please address this issue?
Hello soiledsystem,

While you were taking the  Xifaximin, did you experience migraine headaches? Also, my urine has a terrible smell. The best I can describe it would be like walking into a restroom that has the urinal out of service for a week. Very strong potent smell. Did you experience this also?

Ray---No and No...but again, Xifaxamin did not work at all in my case, I must have a different bacterial profile than you...when you say it is working, what exactly do you mean?  Less SIBO symptoms (intestinal symptoms like burning, roiling intestinal gas) or less PATM?
Hello soiledsystem,

I don't know if it's working but yes I do have intestinal symptoms like rolling intestinal gas, intestinal pain, migraine headaches and an awful urine smell.

PATM has increased quite a bit where I was at 4 in a scale of 1 thru 10 before meds now I'm at an 8 or  a 9. Don't know if I'm going thru a die off phase or not.

You didn't experience anything like this huh? What did you experience?
Recently I heard about a powerful lazer detection of particules developed by a team from Max Plank institute from Germany. The goal is to detect particules in the humain breath for cancer disease.
For sure that would be very interesting for patmers.
Could you please tell us more about the drug you have been taking, if we can buy it on the web, or even the name of the product, scientific name or any indication which help us look for that and perhaps that is the cure.
For sur that will be a valuable information to all of us.
I have good news and some bad news.

First, the guys in our chem lab do have the ability to do an organic test using the Gas Chromatic Mass Spectrometer. They can take a healthy person's breath and use it as a standard to check an unhealthy persons breath. They will take the data and plot it and we should see the differences. Something should be out of the ordinary or stick out like a sore numb.

The bad news is that it would cost $2000.00 and I would be exposing myself to the company/government. I can try to buddy up with him to see if he might do it as a favor.

He is going to provide me with some names of gases that usually show up on people's breath that have cancer.
That’s great news Ray!!! Congratulations! I wish professors and researchers within my university were easy to approach. For once I was convinced that I’d be the one to do that experiment 5 years from now but looks like we may have a chance to do it much sooner. I think it’s better you guys do it because you have far superior equipments than ours or any other university out there. I feel jealous..lol.

Please try and befriend him if that’s possible and if not we’d need to raise some funds.

I think the best thing now is to thing about collecting samples. You can’t use yourself because you’re the one doing the coordination. So we need samples from others, 2-10 people would surely give good samples in case a repetition is needed.

We need to arrange some members with patm near you in the U.S. to come over with samples. Patmers giving samples must eat as much junk as possible 8 hours before donating samples.
Taking samples for patmer is easy! Just take an empty plastic bottle (like an empty thoroughly cleaned plastic coke bottle) which is air tight when closed, have the patm breath inside with a long bend straw that goes all the way to the bottom end of the bottle (bottle must be inverted when this process is done). Patmer must blow and push all the air out of the bottom of the inverted bottle to replace it with his own breath, the bottle must be closed air-tight still upside down. You can store all 10 samples of bottles and wait while we negotiate how to do this experiment. The lab experts can easily extract the sample when needed. The bigger the bottle the more sample you have lest the researchers want more samples later.

If we can identify the organic molecule(s) involved in patm, it will be case closed for patm. We can just ask the same people afterwards or some researchers elsewhere around the world to connect the dots between those molecule(s) and cellular processes within the gut/body etc.

I’m doing an assignment and reflecting on what to convince those researchers to do this experiment without looking like a total loony. What would it take other than money?
I stongly believe I have Hyperthyroidism, I have many of the symptoms, it links a lot of things for me, but I do not want to go to the doctor and get it diagnosed. Can I just live with it without having medication?
I agree with your ideas on private message. You can start with yourself to establish a pattern first. There’s just one problem with that. Because of the diet and medication you’re taking, it might lower the effect and therefore the overall result. For an experiment that cost so much we need to maximize the result and leave no room for errors.

One way you can counter that deficit is by proceeding on a junk diet during the holidays for two or more days and secure samples promptly and store, then you can return to your diet afterwards. If you are able to convince your researchers for a date, you can just acquire the stored sample to utilize that preferably.
Lots have been happening since my last post. I see CO has been ruled out, how about the other gases like HS, which is very similar as well. I know it has an odor but apparently low long term exposure causes olfactory fatigue?

Anyways I have been looking into IBS, SIBO and gut bacteria based on ray2502's GI doctor's diagnosis. Hopefully this will lead us into the right direction.

Ray2502, that's great to hear that you might have a chance at using the GCMS at your workplace. I would suggest trying to convince the guy to possibly do a test run to see how it works because your so fascinated in learning about it. Maybe he'll agree? At the same time he wouldn't know what your real motive is. If you do get a chance, I would just go back on a normal diet with no food restrictions of course, that should likely be enough. Just make sure that your patm reactions are noticeably higher than usual. I think eating lots of junk food may actually skew the results.
To add, you should first complete the treatment your doctor prescribed and if it does not work then try GCMS. Otherwise the results for both will be all messed up.
I myself had my tonsils removed which helped some.Allergy shots helped a lot. I also noticed eating salads helps. Maybe eating a vegetarian diet would actually cure us. I also stated taking two gas pills a day especially at night. Weird, but it works.

I was just recently diagnosed with alternating IBS. I also had an EGD performed and was diagnosed with mild inflammation due to acid reflux. Not anything else.
@jn4357, great ideas. We had a long discussion about that on private message. I did suggest to him to go on a junk diet prior to taking samples but perhaps staying on a normal diet is one way as you say. I think he’d choose to go on just a normal diet as it’s easier for him. It turns out he’s a family man with a successful career and kids probably our age in college. He’s got other priorities so couldn’t be bothered with things that many of the single guys would do. Hope you don’t mind me just revealing this part ray!

I really hope he can convince the researchers to do this test. If it does happen, I’m thinking about other things that could go wrong. For example mass/gas spectrometers looks at different ranges of molecular species. For example, what if they choose to only concentrate on just a range of large organic molecules but the source molecule is instead a small molecule like CO? If they don’t test for those ranges, then we wouldn’t know. Again I’m just hoping for the best as this all depends on what the researchers do and what we tell them to test for. Intriguingly, I’m have the suspicion that it will be within the Trimethylamine (N(CH3)3 ) molecular size range.

@ray2502, please collect all the information as much as possible. If he has notes, books, videos etc. that will help us understand more about the procedures then please let me know. I’m thinking if you fail, I’ll have a look if I can try once again to approach and convince researchers at our university. I tried approaching one before and he was so arrogant so I changed the subject altogether.
“Maybe eating a vegetarian diet would actually cure us.”
no it doesn’t, but it lowers patm. I’ve been on a vegen diet for years now and patm hasn’t disappeared. It has remained pretty much moderately low for years and it doesn’t get any better than that. I don’t know anyone in this patm community who’s ever said to have 100% patm free or cured completely from going on a vegetarian or vegan diet… you can call it a control mechanism if you must but it’s not a cure. If it was a cure, wouldn’t all patmers on the strict diet be cured by now?
And also remember that when people talk about percentage of their patm symptoms, it’s really a subjective measurement. My 70% patm free could be the same as anyone with 30% or a person with 99% percent. It’s all a subjective measurement of each one of us according to his own experience. I sit in labs with students and lecturers for hours so I believe many who claim to have 90% patm free would change their minds after a few hours in close encounters with other students on an enclosed space for hours at a time. Most of us test patm symptoms by going into a restaurant or bus and sit there for a few minutes or half an hour. I test mine by sitting in a lab with students face-to-face and discus materials for hours each day. So our measurement is not always the same therefore the percentage claim is not always trusted.
As my theory goes from one to another, this is where I stand. I agree that is some gas, but those Morg particles seem to be the hair of demodex mites. I think Morgellons is a form of demodex infestation and it attacks the nose and other easy paths to mucus. This is my ritual, seems to reduce PATM. Use Head and Shoulders to clear the fibers, it does, but does not kill the infection. I have lint rolled my body head to toes till there are no particles on the lint roll. Then I apply hair spray to my head and my whole body, yes, whole body, including groin area. Hair with alot of spray. Then hair spiking glue inside nose, that seems to be a big source. This seems to reduce the effect, but not eliminate. The gas I think is the byproduct of the infection and may either be the gas produced by the mites, or our own body's way of trying to repel it. We all have the identical situations, so this is not some gray area thing, its exact, its one thing, we have and I think Morg people may not have noticed as to notice this but they may have diff levels of PATM. This is a mite. The fibers you can see if you back-light with your cell or any light or the sun and a window or in your car when the sun is hitting  other parts, those fibers come from our bod and fly away, they are magnetically charged and that is how they move around. I think this is a demodex mite infection. I think Morg is a demodex mite infection.
Internet shows this as medicine for animals with Demodex: Mitaban Dip (Amitraz) .

Lets try this and report back.
Hey,

This is a very intersting study: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjH4O5_r6rM.
For thos who do not understand french, this doctor claim that he can detect intestin infection using breath. He claims that there is gas output from our breath which is the result of fermentation, the result of the activity of bacteria.

Please search google for more detailles about this doctor and his theory.

Unfortunatly, he is from france and may be expensive to travel there.

Sorry bad english.
I am from Algeria.
@BBoy123456, that’s a presentation, not a study. There are numerous claims by many professionals. His claim is most likely true but it doesn’t matter because it doesn’t help us. There could be hundreds of things going wrong in the gut. Our patm problem is a claim too. If we want to get out of our problem, we definitely cannot use other claims to solve our own claim. We need to use well founded studies.

Detecting diseases through breath test is straight forward on the fact that they are looking at different molecules within patients’ breath and determine if they are unique enough to identify a particular disease from others. So detecting a disease through breath analysis is not a new thing as long as researchers can find the particular molecule(s) in question and link it uniquely to a disease. The process of drunken drivers taking breath test is a form of molecular breath test for drunkenness so breath test is not a new thing. The new thing is when researchers discover a particular molecule(s) in the breath to tie uniquely to a disease.

Our current dilemma is that we don’t know what’s causing patm. We don’t know if it’s the gut, an organ, enzymes deficiency. And if microbes are involved, what kind is it? Is it a protozoan, worm, virus, bacteria etc.? So we don’t know what to look for at this stage. There could be hundreds or thousands of different molecules within our breath. To test for each one of them to where it leads could take decades and there’s a chance we’d miss a couple. Therefore if we knew exactly what the problem was and what particular gas it’s supposed to produce, wouldn't we just go straight to the expert in that field and ask for help.. but that is our problem we don’t know that. The possibility for whatever source it may be is enormous.

What ray2502 is doing is trying to cross referring at least two plots of organic molecules(s) from a patmer and a normal person and compare to cancel out similarities and leave out differences to stick out like a thumb as he said it. It’s much easier that way to just track in reverse, once we have the isolated molecules in question, the chemical pathway to the source within the body. The source could be the intestine, microbes in the liver etc. The reason why we can trust the idea of Gas Chromatic/Mass Spectrometer, is because it prevents any chance of excluding patm in the test itself.It's like a fishing net design to capture all fish and none excluded. Almost any other test that we do has chances of patm being excluded. Other form of test can come later but once we isolate the molecules in question with this initial test, everything else is easier.

What I’m worried about is that researchers might not accept ray2502’s approach. They said it themselves, its $2000. If that doesn’t happen or something goes wrong, we are looking at many more decades of more frustrating journey.

I think personaly that Dr Donatini  is revolutionary. Why? Did you already try to explain to someone Patm and tell you that you are crazy ? I am sur that you did. This desaese is so special, and even trying to explain to someone what patm is, is not possible, you will not able to expalain him. But me, I am patmer and I know what it is.
The reason why I believe in Dr Donatini approach, is that he use material for bacteria detection in breath and the various gas from the body. Dr Donatini do not know Patm. But his approach is more likely to detect this so special desease. I do not know if he will effectivly solve the issue, but, to the best of my knowledge, no professor or specialist of that kind did already speak about desease detection using breath.
Our body is emitting molecules for which others react. That why Dr Donatini approach can be interesting.
For sur understanding patm is not an easy task. If that was the case, that certainly be solved for years from no.

This is my analysis. When we cough, the body is reacting to some strange particules. That could be virus, or any other strange element to the body. This means that the concentration of toxines in our body is anormaly elevated.
Dr Donatini claims that there is two aspects of interstin infection: bacterial and hormonal. Fortheremore, he proposes a cure.

Patm is very strange and painful condition.Hundreds of desease are not explained for now. Think about mycose for example. Also, even when certain desease is known, sometime no cure is proposed.
So, patem, for the time of this writing, do not belongs to any of the categories. Why? It is not even recognized. No doctor know this desease. The medical community do not know how to proceed.

That said, keep working guys, may the change be with all of us !  
chance, sorry.

My patm begins when I was 20. That simply break my life. I
abandon the studies at the university. No one understand what happen with me or even think that I was crazy. Thinks to the internet, I was able to read stories about others who lives the same condition.That was like a light in the dark !.
Now I know that others live the same situation. For me, this information is like solving the issue itself ! Because for years I do not understand what happen when others react to me. Do they hate me? Are they some secret service wishing torment to me? That's crazy. After that, alone with my head, I begin to explain to myself why this happening.

That a short story about what I lived.

Just to add, I read that some patmers are cured using antibiotic. Others have stopped  dairy. Other have used diet. Well, that excellent. I wonder  why that do not work for other.  
Hey all.

Just a quick question.

Does anybody here has a hypothesis for how long the projection of our molecules can be? In other words, how far away can someone be before they begin to experience reactions? Seems to me like it could be 20-50 feet.

If anyone else has any information on this it'd be helpful to me.

By the way, incredible work everyone here is doing. I'm getting more and more confident that we will reach a cure by the end of this year, if not then next year!

best.
So how did you figure out... what do you think it is?

I have kind of a similar/ same story, just interested... especially at the beginning the complete confusion is killer.
When you hear nd see others with it is the first bit of light I agree...
Then when you can start to see every reaction can be for different reasons, not the same... the second bit of light..

What do you think now?
Well, I am pleased to share my experience and my thougths with you.

Patm is a natural phenomenon. Very painful and inconfortable, but NATURAL.
That said, we have to find a solution to this desease.

Btw, I heard about an announcement on "change.org". That could be interesting in the way of a solution.
Recall the following news. Customers experiencing an issue with their Mac laptop have written an announcement on "change.org". Some days after that, Apple had  recognized the technical problem and proceed to change the faulty component to all the users. Many people have had to report their issue to the concerned authority.

That is what we have to do. Please try to sign on "change.org" the patm announcement. This may lead us to be more supported and, why not, to a cure.

regards  

Does anyone else here experience reactions when people are at least 20 feet away from you or is it only me? Just wondering.

I feel like this 'cloud' that surrounds us might potentially have a radius of like 30 feet going all around us.

I might just be paranoid.

By the way I did go on the vegan diet for about a month and I didn't notice any reactions diminish. I cheated last weekend (it was my birthday) and ate sugar and meat and drank alcohol but i'm back on this extreme diet where I don't eat any grains, dairy, gluten, sugar or meat.

To those to did in fact go on this diet: how long did it take you before you begun to notice reactions diminish?

Also if anyone has any advice for temporary relief can you please share it with us? I want to in fact prove to myself this I have this disease.

Thank you all for reading, and I get a reply from someone.

Best wishes.
I only get reactions from people that are at the most two feet away. Anything further can be caused by dust in the air or many other things. Be careful because the brain can be your worst enemy...Good luck.
Is PATM and bad breath connected ?
in work i have seen pepole 49 feet away get crazy from me
you get reactions with in two feet only! I get reactions like a 100 feets away!! Also I could be locked up in my room my family's reactions are still as bad out in the living room.

I have noticed the reaction being about 20 feet, when I am having a really bad reaction day. Those days only happens after I take a lot of medications. Medications definitely makes it worse!Eating junk food most importantly, gassy foods,makes the reactions worse.

I also noticed animals scratch or lick themselves constantly when around me.

One thing that I have also noticed is gas pills helps some guys! I take two at night and two in the morning. I also drink lemon water or tea with lemon juice. That helps as well. Eat. If your hungry eat. Calm down. Stressing out makes it ten times worse. Drink Apple juice. That seems to work for me as well. Also, taking a bath at night and shower in the morning also helps. Tongue scraper! That helps. Rest, and lots of it! Wash, all the time. Wear clothes once and wash.

I feel it may possibly have something to do with some form of morgellons. I hate to say it. The only difference is that there are no scars or open wounds.

I also believe it is some form of gas. This PATM happened to me right after having surgery. I haven't been the same since. I have paid attention to every constant changing thing happening to my body. It feels as if I am a lot older than I am. I have had gallbladder surgery believing it was bile acid. I have had a tonsilectomy believing it was bad breath from tonsils stones. An EGD believing it was some crazy SIBO infection or h.pylori, even an hiatial hernia. I have had a stool test, blood test, x Ray, and a ct. Scan. All tests comes back negative! How is that possible? I feel horrible!!!
Stressing seems like it has a lot to do with it as well. Meditate, don't smoke, or drink. Try to not focus on it. I repeat whatever I see the person in front of me reactions was. Lol! It makes it fun.

Oh one question. Does anyone react to themselves sometimes?
You said allergy shots helped. What allergy did you have?

What do you mean "react to themselves"? I do sneeze and sniffle sometimes, but it may be environmental.
I read that gallbladder issues could relate to parasites. Im actually doing a parasute cleanse now and the first few days got lots of action in my body. In india some groups do parasite ceanses yearly.

Yes i react to myself. I make myself sneeze usually after a big yawn. A few tines while using oxypowder. I let out some huge loads, and whatever i relased was in the air and i had coughing attack.

Bornto be-were u tested for sibo,? im leaning toward that, seeing gastroenterologist Tuesday
Borntobe, never react back....
I know it's so tempting and gratifying, but just leave the person, have a positive thought and get them out of your headspace or aura...
hi sorry for my bad english hope you understand.
i have don all the test for bad breath but they say im good but when im round ppl i see them hold there nose and look at me.
do you think its not bad breath ?
It is not bad breath. I ask everyone I am comfortable with whether my breath stinks and they always answer back no. I found out my immune system was very low. I started to become allergic to everything airborne. Grass as well. Which was very odd for me. So my allergist recommended allergy shots to build my immune system back up again.  I also decided to get the allergy shots because I heard that suggestion from another PARKer. Yes, I do have I.B.S which seems so smiliar to S.I.B., my gastrointestinal doctor told me that I may have I.B.S after I described to her the abdominal pain in under the belly button and the mucus in stool. Your stool tells a lot about your health. I have had my gallbladder taken out the test showed nothing wrong but he did tell my fiance that it appeared slightly not normal. I looked at the picture of it after the surgery and it only seemed a little dry looking. Otherwise, normal.  

I react to myself whenever I open my mouth really wide like, when I brush my teeth, I lean forward towards the mirror andopen my mouth wide, and instantly begin to rub my nose. My kids have actually told me whenever they are around me and especially when I talk, it feels like hairs crawling up their nose or tickling down their throat which makes them cough as well. I figured carbon dioxide does the same thing to people. I noticed that whenever I get out from surgery and have gas mask on. My face and nose itches like  crazy!! This is why gas pills seems to work for me a little. Gas can also have an effect from people farther away as well. This could explain why reactions are happening far away . Mucous glands could be where it is affecting. Which unfortunately are darn near all over the inside the body.

Has anyone noticed a change in their stool ? Who has silent GERD or Gerd that doesn't seem to go away with medications? Who has IBS or SIBO symptoms? Who has a vitamin deficiency? Who suffers from low immunity? Is the gender in this group a majority of females or males? Who notices animals licking themselves or shaking themselves off After coming in contact with you? Headaches from people around you? Dizziness and confusion from people being around you?
Hey I'm new but I also have the same problem, I posted my detailed story in some german forums and don't wanna put it out. But in some other Forum somebody is convinced that he has the 100% Cure. But I don't know if the medicine is risky, so I want to ask you, if it could really be the solution or if it's just a troll.  Here's the medicine:

"NEXIUM HP (it is a package medicine, inside: 1. Nexium 20 mg, 2. Amimox 500mg, 3. Klacid 500mg ) every 12 hours on empty stomach for one week! Then seperately FLAGYL 200gr every 8 hours for one week on empty stomach! I promise it is 100% CURE!!!! It got rid off just in one week! IF you still have you can continue second week, it depends which level you have the sickness!
Because we have bakteries and mushroom in our guts, nexium will soften your stomach and removes the mushroom and bakteries and Flagyl is antebiotic, it kills the rest of bakteries and mushrooms then you are healthy again. Enjoy life guys!"
That's what he posted. Do you think this could be really the solution?
Hi ALL!

Hope everyone is hanging in there! I am still actively pursuing answers for this medical mystery. I like to think we were chosen to deal with this for a reason.

I am messaging because I would love to get together with a few of you guys!! Who lives in the Midwest United States?? I am in Iowa. I am willing to travel to neighboring states... Also- I travel often for medical conferences and for fun so I'd love to meet up with you if I am able. Please message me on this site and let me know where you're living. Would LOVE to get to know you guys more.

Rachel,
tennis89
Hello of you. I am PATMER that lives in Japan.
It becomes impossible to endure sniffing and having a fit of coughing and the nose from surrounding people has been stopped though it was a student. The bulletin board of Japan is talked about about PATM.
Everybody suffers. I seem to crumble, too. Please help.
I'm sorry by poor English.
in some other Forum somebody is convinced that he has the 100% Cure. But I don't know if the medicine is risky, so I want to ask you, if it could really be the solution or if it's just a troll.  Here's the medicine:

King2700 i was prescribed nexium by my ent doctor and later dyfilan by my gp and it did stop it while on the meds but returned once stopped. I had no intention of staying on reflux meds from now on. Silent reflux was a concern of mine at one time which i posted probably years ago. Still searching...
I read that too, but no idea if it works or not, sorry for that. I wonder if it work.
I am trying that for one week, no result. Will try other tricks and let you know. Also, some patmers have already posted some tricks that may help. Read the previous post.

Good luck
Thank you for your response dude. I just came on this forum today and there are 9200 comments, so I don't really know which previous post you mean.
It would be nice, when you could tell me what you mean. Thx

And another question, from where did you get the Nexium HP? From your doctor? I can't find any in the internet.
NEXIUM20 is prescribed with the doctor for me.
It is because there is a pain in the stomach. Moreover, it is light GERD
To our regret, it is not effective in PATM.
I have not used Nexium HP, but another product with the same effect, plus an anti anaérobic. No result as said before.

About the previous posts, some persons suggestion are diets, avoiding sugare, protein, L-glutamine powder, taking lemon juice, and the like.

So take time and read, mainly the most recent, an even older post, there will be useful and valuable info.

Good luck
The other thing about GCMS is for the mass spec you need to have a really good and large reference library in order to find a good match. Ideally the matchability should be above 70 to 100 ( which is a perfect match) to be significant.

With collecting the breath samples that may  be hard as you do not want to contaminate the sample or have any other confounding factors. In a study I read using GCMS they cleaned the equipment with nitrogen gas first etc.

Someone once told me that a better type of equipment for analyzing breath besides GCMS is Fourier Transfer-Infrared Spectroscopy (FTIR) and you some way/how can just blow into the device rather than collecting a sample. Making it much easier to do the experiment.
Hi borntobe,

In regards to being allergic to airborne allergens, I have the same issue. It is weird because I have never had allergies until having patm. I went to an allergist the first time and found out that I was allergic to dust, pollen only. Then the second time I went because I wanted to try the allergy shots and had to do the skin prick test again and discovered I was allergic to more airborne allergens such as mold and more types of pollen!!!!. This is nuts.

My theory is whatever this irritant is, is effecting our mucus membranes, making them very dry and reducing their ability to protect us from allergens thus making us susceptible.

I was reading an article yesterday on causes of sore throat and interestingly enough there is a similarity between the mediated response to allergens and cold dry air meaning the symptoms are the same. I always hear people make an excuse that their reactions are related to being cold.

To answer your question about animals licking themselves etc. I have a dog and he scratches himself when I am near him, does the shake, and has a plugged up nose as well. This patm thing really ***** essentially we are attacking peoples immune systems and making them sick, who knows what the long term effects are.
One last thing, I want to keep an open mind, as there are people on this forum that have posted things that may or may not make sense or don't necessarily agree with.

But I want to say if you think its demodex or high  PTH levels or anything else. I strongly suggest that you see a doctor to confirm your suspicions/check it out.  Or even find a supporting article that may lead us to something. We need to work at this, I am tired of letting the days go by. I feel we might be close to it. We need to make connections to what others are saying and hopefully we'll find the answer.  If you can, see as many doctors as you can (sounds dumb) but you never know.

Lets not focus on one thing for too long, but instead keep it on the side while exploring/researching other things. For example, instead of looking at patm coming from inside us, maybe its from a bacteria on our skin. I recently learned that we produce volatile fatty acids on our skin (butyric, propionic and acetic acids) maybe we are producing more of one kind.  

This is just my plea, please don't take it personal or think that I'm suggesting you aren't working hard enough etc. I just want us to keep at it and not give up.

Thanks everyone!  
funny how you mentioned the cold air environment...the moment i walk into a cold grocery store, "it" fires off like a canon and makes somebody cough...every single time.  not sure if "it" doesn't like the cold (after all, we seem to generate a hot/stuffy environment around us)

anyway, i agree, we have to keep open minds about this, and remember that there may not be just one PATM, but several subtypes (electrical phenom. type, dust/fibers type, etc.)

my current research topic is that it inhabits the hair follicles (head/crotch), bacterial in origin, feeds off oil in follicle, doing experiments...

also, could be a bacteria that inhabits glands, working on that too
It's not for you soilsystem, the interface keeps changing back and forth between the old one and new and it's confusing.
Hi, folks,

This thread will be closed to new comments today. With nearly 9400 posts, this thread has become difficult to navigate -- it's loading slowly for existing participants, and it's difficult for new members to find a place to jump in.  

Please know that this thread isn't going away -- it contains a great deal of valuable information that you've contributed over the past 8 1/2 years.  You'll still be able to view all of the posts for your reference, but this thread will be closed to new comments.

The PATM Community is still here, and will remain open.  To see all of the threads in this community, including the newest posts, click here:  
http://www.medhelp.org/forums/People-Allergic-to-Me-PATM/show/312

Please feel free to start a new discussion by clicking the "Post A Question" link near the top of this forum's page."  There are already quite a few questions from new members who are hoping for answers from those of you who have some experience with PATM.  This may also be a good time to start topical threads about PATM (e.g., "what is PATM?", "symptoms", "treatments that have worked", etc.)

Thanks,
Claire

when there us a new thread someone post link here, i cannot lose touch with these people
Hi, meowkitty,

You can see all of the threads in this community here:

Hope this helps!

Claire
This discussion was closed by the MedHelp Community Moderation team. If you have any questions please contact us