People Allergic to Me (PATM) Community
heat allergic reaction

This patient support community is for discussions relating to PATM - People Allergic to Me.

heat allergic reaction

Hi i have a condition that i can't control. when I'm running or if I'm in the sun for a long time, i heat up and i start to itch threw out my skull, chest, back, and even in my legs. Once i cool down my itching calms down. I don't know what this is. hopefully someone know what this is. thank you
This is called sweat-induced urticaria. It is an allergy to the proteins in the sweat, so try taking a shower soon after sweating alot. You can't do much about the itching...just try to stay cool and in AC as much as possible. I have the same issue, so it is hard to workout, I get rashes after, every time...sometimes I shower twice just to be able to workout for longer durations. Also, if you have any food allergies, they will come out your pores when you sweat, aggravating the condition. I hope this helps. You're not alone.