People Allergic to Me (PATM) Community
my PATM started following a trauma

This patient support community is for discussions relating to PATM - People Allergic to Me.

my PATM started following a trauma

I was wondering if anyone else in this community recalled if they had a trauma before the signs of the PATM started. I had a trauma in 2012 after a long period of dating (6 years) came to an end--so many goals, memories, plans were lost I was devastated. Am a golfer, and the following weekend I went to play with friends, and after 9 holes my friends quit playing because they could not stand the sneezing, coughing, and runny eyes. I was the only one unaffected, and I could only think I was the cause of their misery. this was devastating because we have been playing golf for years, and this never happen. I have not played golf with them since, and the PATM remained.

I notice the affect on people more when I use anything that carries perfumes ie, soaps, deodorants, body wash, laundry detergents and colognes. I also notice the affect on me personally when I drink milk, coffee, tea, and eat white bread. My take so far on PATM is that our body is releasing toxins in responds to fighting off environmental allergens, and that it all started following a traumatic event.    
What kind of trauma did you experience?
I was verbally abused to an undesirably great and intense degree. However I should also take note these comments were said indirectly to me. Most of them anyway. People didn't realise what an affect these comments could create. And that my friend is the world of PATM. How long have you had PATM? To recall I've had it since I could think consciously. I started thinking negatively at the same time I started thinking consciously.  
I agree with you 100%~ I noticed my PATM in 2008 while working an extremely stressful job. And although I am 90% PATM free, I notice it's worse every spring when everything is in bloom and it almost seems like the extra pollen in the air, along with me, lol, are just too much for people and they react. I do also agree it's a reaction from us with PATM releasing our own toxins as I notice a lot of reactions come from my breath
I wouldn't call my bad break up a trauma .. But I realized after a serious two year relationship came to an end, that's when my PATM came along or at least that's when I started to realize it.
I was like you, went for surgery. Now my situation is much more better. Wanna know more information email me at ***@****