Percocet and Addiction..Do I need help!?!?!?!
So here's my story..I was diagnosed with Degenerative Disc/Scoliosis/Arthritis of my back and hips 2.5 years ago and have been on Percocets 6 months after being hospitalized for 9 days during this diagnosis. I feel that I am now full blown addicted but also know that I need to be on a pain medication THAT WORKS. They started me on Vicodin and that soon wore off after numerous increases in my dosage. They started me on Roboxin along with my 5mg Perc's and they had to up my dosage on those again. Soon after this I became immune to the Roboxin and they began treating me with Soma. I feel that I am now addicted to everything. I'm currently taking 7.5mg of Percocet 3x's a day and take my Soma at the same time.They have also added 500mg of Naproxen to be taken 2x's a day and I still have pain. I am completely losing it here because my Dr. (new physician since I relocated) told me that she is taking me off of ALL but the Naproxen within the next 6 months! I know I have major health issues that are chronic and are with me for life so what do I do next for the pain??? I also know that I have built up a tolerance and addiction to these meds and I'm so clueless as what to do next!?!? A year before this diagnosis I also found out that my cheating "husband" had infected me with HIV. So I know my body is quite messed up. I'm pretty young and my Dr doesn't want me to be on these any longer than I've already been but what will be a safe substitution that'll actually keep me pain free?
I'm sick and tired of these meds controlling my life (as they do). I can't leave the house without bringing at least 3-4 pills of each of my pain meds with me for fear that I won't be home in time when that 4th or 5th hour comes and I start going thru withdrawal. I'm at such a bad place right now physically and mentally and have become so dependent on them to live normally that it's taken over my life completely! It's starting to effect my work, school, social life, everything.. I need advice and quick as times running out for me..  :/
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
michelleusam is ... doing ok i guess,how... Comment
07/13
michelleusam joined this group
Welcome them!
04/13
Jdj1976 joined this group
Welcome them!
06/12