Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD) Expert Forum
Actiflex - weakness in legs
About This Forum:

Questions in the Peripheral Arterial Disease forum are answered by Dr. Lee Kirksey, associate professor at The University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine. Topics covered include abdominal aortic aneurysm , amputation, arteriovenous fistula, atherectomy, carotid artery surgery , cholesterol , claudication, deep vein thrombosis (DVT) , endovascular aortic stent graft (EVAR), stent placement , stroke prevention, varicose veins , and venous insufficiency .

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Actiflex - weakness in legs

I have weakness in my legs, and had read that Actiflex (Manuka honey with bee venom) can reduce weekness in legs due to inflamation (inflammation) of the immune system   After being on Actiflex for 1 week the weakness in my legs worsend, had stiffness in the calves, and mild pain in the calves.  Since then I have discontinued taking Actiflex.  However, it has been 3 days, and my symptoms still exist.  Is there a treatment for the symptoms that the bee veno caused?  

Also, I have been stung by a bee once as a child of about 6 yeara, Other than pain, and redness at the site there were no other symptoms.  Currently, I'm 29.