Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD) Expert Forum
Actiflex - weakness in legs

Questions in the Peripheral Arterial Disease forum are answered by Dr. Lee Kirksey, associate professor at The University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine. Topics covered include abdominal aortic aneurysm , amputation, arteriovenous fistula, atherectomy, carotid artery surgery , cholesterol , claudication, deep vein thrombosis (DVT) , endovascular aortic stent graft (EVAR), stent placement , stroke prevention, varicose veins , and venous insufficiency .

Actiflex - weakness in legs
I have weakness in my legs, and had read that Actiflex (Manuka honey with bee venom) can reduce weekness in legs due to inflamation of the immune system   After being on Actiflex for 1 week the weakness in my legs worsend, had stiffness in the calves, and mild pain in the calves.  Since then I have discontinued taking Actiflex.  However, it has been 3 days, and my symptoms still exist.  Is there a treatment for the symptoms that the bee veno caused?  

Also, I have been stung by a bee once as a child of about 6 yeara, Other than pain, and redness at the site there were no other symptoms.  Currently, I'm 29.
Hello
It sounds like you have weakness in both legs. Leg pain can be caused by a number of reasons such as venous insufficiency, musculoskeletal disorders and neurologic.  Typically the symptoms are difficult to distinguish. Ultrasound is usually the first diagnostic test to evaluate for venous thrombosis which can be life threatening. Additional testing can be used to evaluate other causes.You should have this evaluated immediately.good luck
I went to see the doctor today, and after a physical exam he determined that I did not hae thrombosis.  This was due to no swelling in the legs, or ankles, and my veins in my legs appeared to be normal with no discoloration.