Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD) Expert Forum
CHEMO INDUCED PERIPHERAL NEUROTHTHY
About This Forum:

Questions in the Peripheral Arterial Disease forum are answered by Dr. Lee Kirksey, associate professor at The University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine. Topics covered include abdominal aortic aneurysm , amputation, arteriovenous fistula, atherectomy, carotid artery surgery , cholesterol , claudication, deep vein thrombosis (DVT) , endovascular aortic stent graft (EVAR), stent placement , stroke prevention, varicose veins , and venous insufficiency .

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

CHEMO INDUCED PERIPHERAL NEUROTHTHY

AM A 70 YEAR-OLD FEMALE.  EIGHTEEN MONTHS AGO I FINISHED 6 MONTHS OF CHEMO FOR COLON CANCER.  EVER SINCE, I HAVE HAD NUMB FINGERTIPS AND NUMB LEGS FROM MY KNEES DOWN TO THE BOTTOMS OF BOTH FEET.

I AM NOT IN PAIN BUT I HAVE HEAVINESS AND STIFFNESS, LIKE LEGS IN A CAST.  THIS IMPACTS MY WALKING, DRIVING AND BALANCE.  MY HANDS DON'T WORK WELL AND I HAVE TROUBLE WRITING, TYPING. BUTTONING AND OPENING THINGS.  I HAVE NIGHT SWEATS, RAPID PULSE AND PUCKERY MOUTH.  I AM NOT DIABETIC.  I AM CURRENTLY CANCER-FREE.

I AM NOT ABLE TO DO MUCH WALKING.  I SWIM MOST DAYS AND WORK MY LEGS IN THE WATER FOR UP TO 2 HOURS.

I HAVE TRIED CHIROPRACTIC AND LYRICA.  THE ONLY PRESCRIPTIONS I USE NOW ARE MAXIZIDE AND MEGACE.  ACUPUNCTURE, GLUSAMINE, ELAVIL AND ANONYNE THERAPY HAVE BEEN SUGGESTED.  WHAT SHOULD I TRY NEXT?