Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD) Expert Forum
Chest Pain near heart/Left leg and left foot pain

Questions in the Peripheral Arterial Disease forum are answered by Dr. Lee Kirksey, associate professor at The University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine. Topics covered include abdominal aortic aneurysm , amputation, arteriovenous fistula, atherectomy, carotid artery surgery , cholesterol , claudication, deep vein thrombosis (DVT) , endovascular aortic stent graft (EVAR), stent placement , stroke prevention, varicose veins , and venous insufficiency .

Hi.
I have been having this problem for a long time and it gets worse with time. I basically had shortness of breath, back pain,feeling of phlegm some 4 months ago. Went to a doc and he said that it was Post Nasal Drip problem. Did a IgE test on me and it was high [around 385] Gave me some medications and it went away. The feeling of Phlegm and the same not being able to cough out still remains.
Since last 1 month, i have this heartache kinda thing on the left side of my chest. This is not continous but happens only when i stretch my back or move my neck or left arm. I also have a strange pain in my left foot and leg. dont know how to really describe it but it is more like that of a blood circulation problem. This pain in the foot and leg goes away when i stand and resumes if i lie down or sit cross legged.
I forgot to mention that i am a smoker who used to smoke 10-12 ciggs a day [ i hv got it down to 5 a day..Phew!].
I am really getting worried now...Can someone help me here...I really dont know if i am in the right forum or not...

regards
Your chest discomfort with stretching is not typical or cardiac problems nor is your leg and foot pain at rest. Regardless, you still have a significant risk for Cardiovascular disease given your smoking history. Why not stop? I would discuss your symptoms with your primary doctor so that he can rule out cardiac issues by a thorough exam