Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD) Expert Forum
finger sensitivity, numbness and Sleep apnea
About This Forum:

Questions in the Peripheral Arterial Disease forum are answered by Dr. Lee Kirksey, associate professor at The University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine. Topics covered include abdominal aortic aneurysm , amputation, arteriovenous fistula, atherectomy, carotid artery surgery , cholesterol , claudication, deep vein thrombosis (DVT) , endovascular aortic stent graft (EVAR), stent placement , stroke prevention, varicose veins , and venous insufficiency .

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank

finger sensitivity, numbness and Sleep apnea

Hello,
I am a 65 year old male and I am in fairly good health. Over the past 3-4 years my fingers have become increasingly numb and my toes to a lesser extent. I am finding it increasingly difficult to do ordinary actions such as buttoning my shirt, folding clothes, grasping objects. My gait when I walk is a little unsteady at times espc in a.m. and p.m..  I usually wake up with severe neck pain and discomfort. Ocassionall my hands will cramp on me and likewise some parts of my leg muscles, usually when I try to stretch. In addition to this it seems I have sleep apnea which I am going to begin cpap treatment for in the coming week. Are any or all of these conditins related? my inability to use my hands effectively is giving me some grave concern. I take Cymbalta, VyVanse,Lipitor,chantix and use androgel. If memory serves me I am pretty sure that most of these medications I started taking post symptoms.

Thank You
CHG