Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD) Expert Forum
localized intermittent headache

Questions in the Peripheral Arterial Disease forum are answered by Dr. Lee Kirksey, associate professor at The University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine. Topics covered include abdominal aortic aneurysm , amputation, arteriovenous fistula, atherectomy, carotid artery surgery , cholesterol , claudication, deep vein thrombosis (DVT) , endovascular aortic stent graft (EVAR), stent placement , stroke prevention, varicose veins , and venous insufficiency .

localized intermittent headache

I'm a 22 yr old male and for the past 6 months I've been having a very localized intermittent headache in the very same spot it started 6 months ago. It was present for 2 months, went away for 2 months, and is now back and has been present for 2 months.  It's about 2 inches above and behind my right ear. Go 2 inches from the top of your right ear and then 1 inche toward the back of your head.  Could this be a spot for an anuerysm to form?  Would an anuerysm present itself like this?  The pain will go away and then I will get sharp shooting pains in that spot, and occasionally at the front and very top of my head. Not very often though. I'm also very tired all the time, I sleep 12 hrs a night and it's till hard to wake up and then I'm tired all day long.  How would an unruptured anuerysm present itself? does this sound like my case? I had a complete physical exam done yesterday, eyes, ears, nose, mouth, and reflexes.  All good
Cerebral anuerysms can present in a number of way depending upon their location and the pressure that they exert on surrounding structures. the symptoms range from pain, vision changes, dizziness among the list.   The difficulty in diagnosing is a result of these vague symptoms. I would ask for referral to a neurologist. Sleeping for 12 hours is agnormal for a 22 yr old. At the very least they can assure you that it is not a life threatening condition like an aneurysm. good luck
I had an MRI/MRA done friday.  Would that show an anuerysm?  
A related discussion, localized headache for weeks now was started.