Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD) Expert Forum
localized intermittent headache
About This Forum:

Questions in the Peripheral Arterial Disease forum are answered by Dr. Lee Kirksey, associate professor at The University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine. Topics covered include abdominal aortic aneurysm , amputation, arteriovenous fistula, atherectomy, carotid artery surgery , cholesterol , claudication, deep vein thrombosis (DVT) , endovascular aortic stent graft (EVAR), stent placement , stroke prevention, varicose veins , and venous insufficiency .

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

localized intermittent headache

I'm a 22 yr old male and for the past 6 months I've been having a very localized intermittent headache in the very same spot it started 6 months ago. It was present for 2 months, went away for 2 months, and is now back and has been present for 2 months.  It's about 2 inches above and behind my right ear. Go 2 inches from the top of your right ear and then 1 inche toward the back of your head.  Could this be a spot for an anuerysm to form?  Would an anuerysm present itself like this?  The pain will go away and then I will get sharp shooting pains in that spot, and occasionally at the front and very top of my head. Not very often though. I'm also very tired all the time, I sleep 12 hrs a night and it's till hard to wake up and then I'm tired all day long.  How would an unruptured anuerysm present itself? does this sound like my case? I had a complete physical exam done yesterday, eyes, ears, nose, mouth, and reflexes.  All good