Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD) Expert Forum
pain in neck

Questions in the Peripheral Arterial Disease forum are answered by Dr. Lee Kirksey, associate professor at The University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine. Topics covered include abdominal aortic aneurysm , amputation, arteriovenous fistula, atherectomy, carotid artery surgery , cholesterol , claudication, deep vein thrombosis (DVT) , endovascular aortic stent graft (EVAR), stent placement , stroke prevention, varicose veins , and venous insufficiency .

pain in neck

dr, i have been having pains in my neck, sudden pains, that do not last long, but come frequently at diffrent times. im afraid its my artery, what could this be?
Hello
There are many causes of pain in the neck. It can be caused by muscle strains, inflammation of the lymph nodes, arthritis within the spine and pinched nerves. It is uncommon for a blood vessel problem to cause pain in the neck. Blockages of blood vessels in the legs may cause pain when people walk when the blockages diminish the amount blood reaching the muscles of the calves.

I would consult your physician to examine you and do the appropriate test to determine which of the above is causing your problem but as I said, it is less likely, no impossible, that the pain is caused by a blood vessel problem Good luck