Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD) Expert Forum
shoud I be alarmed???
About This Forum:

Questions in the Peripheral Arterial Disease forum are answered by Dr. Lee Kirksey, associate professor at The University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine. Topics covered include abdominal aortic aneurysm , amputation, arteriovenous fistula, atherectomy, carotid artery surgery , cholesterol , claudication, deep vein thrombosis (DVT) , endovascular aortic stent graft (EVAR), stent placement , stroke prevention, varicose veins , and venous insufficiency .

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

shoud I be alarmed???

I saw my cardiologist today for a routine visit.  I am 47 year old female with a history of PVC's, PAC's and IST.  Both the doctor and the nurse noted on the exam that they could feel my aorta pulsating in my abdomen.  They didn't seem too concerned but ordered an abdominal ultrasound that will be performed in five days.  I am a relatively slim person and the cardiologist noted that it is not uncommon to feel this in slim people.  After leaving the doctors office, i began to get concerned that this could be something quite serious.  Do I need to have the ultrasound sooner than five days?  Is it normal to see a pulse in your stomach?  Is all of this something to be alarmed about?  Could a sharp pain in my right side a couple of weeks ago be related?