Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD) Expert Forum
what is wromg with me?

Questions in the Peripheral Arterial Disease forum are answered by Dr. Lee Kirksey, associate professor at The University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine. Topics covered include abdominal aortic aneurysm , amputation, arteriovenous fistula, atherectomy, carotid artery surgery , cholesterol , claudication, deep vein thrombosis (DVT) , endovascular aortic stent graft (EVAR), stent placement , stroke prevention, varicose veins , and venous insufficiency .

what is wromg with me?

Im on dialysis. and im on medication for my high blood pressure.my question is why my pressure never go down even after i took the tablet.now im on 'caslot' 25 mg twice a day. i always feel my irregular heartbeat.its like its pumping really hard. im really worried.and my doctor never explain to me why.
Hello
ESRD (End Stage Renal Disease) is a progessive deterioration in kidney function that ultimately requires dialysis to filter the and maintain normal electrolytes and to rid the body of fluid. The dialysis machine replaces the kidneys

The most common cause of renal failure is essential hypertension which damages the tissues of the kidney and ultimately cause them to fail. Sometimes, after the kidneys fail, they continue to produce an agent that causes the blood pressure to be elevated.

This is one of the surgically correctable causes of high blood pressure in renal failure patients. Diagnosis of this condition is made by drawing blood samples to check for the presence of this agent. thanks and good luck