Leg cramps and PAD
I am 61 years old, have a family history of severe heart disease, but I have a very healthy diet and have lived longer than two of my siblings (one died at 45 and the other one at 54,) and the remaining one has had a tripple bi-pass.

I do have some blockage 40% in one and 20% in another artery.  Something I read at the Dr. office this week is leg cramps can be the beginning stages of PAD.  I have had little muscle "jumps" in my legs since 2002 and the past year I have had leg cramps at night.  I take Coral Calcium Plus (2,000 calcium) and one 99 mg of Potassium Gluconate and I don't have the cramps, but if I miss a couple of doses of it I start getting them again.  I am glad that this works, but could it be PAD?  Is there something else I should be doing to reverse the PAD if that is what it is?
I assume your are referring to Peripheral Artery Disease (I think I've got it right).  Your symptoms sound like it is possible, get it checked by your doctor...suppose it isn't an emergency, but given you family history, maybe it is.

Good luck.