B-12 tests
I take B-12 shots and I am still getting worse with my foot numbness is there another B-12 test that shows if I am defient in other Vitamins that go with B-12?
Have they checked your Iron levels. Without efficeint iron levels you can swallow all the vitamine B12 they give you and your body will not take it in.
I do injections because I have Prenicious Anemia.
thanks
There could be 2 different issues. I too have PA.

You may simply not be getting enough B-12.  I have to do daily self injections some times when mine gets really bad.  You can also add B-12or b-complex sublingual.

I have met a few others like me(and you :)) who require more than a weekly injection or infusion.

That being said, it is always a good idea to have a full nutritional panel done.  Vit D being the one that comes to mind.
thank you I do monthly shots now that is what the Doctor said I should do but I keep thinking that I am missing something else, I don't feel anemic just that my foot numbness keeps getting worse and I am doing my monthly shots.What test did they do to detect your Prenicous Anemia?I had the Schillings Test done 15 years ago. I wonder if I should have that test done again.
To be honest I have no idea what the initial test was.  I was tested as a young child. ( I inherited it from my grandmother, along with a heart defect)

Now they monitor my RDW, and B-12 levels. As well as homocystine, MMA levels, and  antiparietal cell antibodies

I have never had a schilling test as my gastro and rheumy don't think that it is probative for me, and there are blood and urine tests that are better at detecting small variations in the disease.

Hope this helps