Peripheral Nerve Hyperexcitability (PNH) Community
Bad Vibrations
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Peripheral Nerve Hyperexcitability (PNH) and the various conditions related to it such as neuromyotonia (NMT), cramp fasciculation syndrome (CFS), benign fasciculation syndrome (BFS), Isaacs syndrome and others.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Bad Vibrations

I've been experiencing internal vibrations for almost 2 years now. They all started when, after a month of 2/3 hours every day at the gym, I started to get fasiculations in my insoles. The fasiculations gradually spread into my calves, at which point I was given a diagnosis of benign fasiculation syndrome. Since then the vibrations have become widespread: legs, arms, neck, and abdomen are affected. I also get the occasional 'thumper'; a short, visible fasiculation.  I've had advanced blood labs, an MRI, nerve conduction and EMG, all of which were normal (except a high calcium on one blood test). One neurologist believes I have RLS; another, channelopathy (the second sent me on my way suggesting I forget about it or get a psychaitric evaluation). I should add that my vibrations are worse at night and after exercise, though they don't usually interfere with sleep. I'm at my wit's end with this thing it's so debilitating. Are my symptoms suggestive of RLS or something else? What is my next course of action?