Peripheral Nerve Hyperexcitability (PNH) Community
Help Me Plez :- (

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Peripheral Nerve Hyperexcitability (PNH) and the various conditions related to it such as neuromyotonia (NMT), cramp fasciculation syndrome (CFS), benign fasciculation syndrome (BFS), Isaacs syndrome and others.

Help Me Plez :- (

My muscles (mostly all over except neck and head) have been twitching and crawling for about a year now. I read on-line that i might be low on Magnesium, so I have been taking that for about a month now, 500mg, and they have gotten better, but still not completely gone. I have cut back on the coffee also,1 cup a day, but i am wondering now if this is the problem? do i need a different mg of mag? and why is my body not getting enough of this vitamin, is there an underlying problem?..Plez Help :-(   thank you
http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/magnesium
To know, you would have to go to your dr. and get tested for levels of magnesium. Since it has gotten better this is probably your problem, but you may also have too high or too low of some other viatmin which is causing you to not recover fully. I would suggest going to the dr. and getting a blood test to check for your levels on vitamins and other important chemical balances. Some bodies just need more of one thing than another through the years...doesn't mean there is an underlying problem but the trip to get a blood test and to the dr. will help answer that question. Good luck to you!
and yes i have an appointment with Neurologist on the 13th, been to dr and he tested my thryoid an it was fine. so i guess he is passin me on to next dr, which is fine! wanna make sure it is not a serious problem. Thank U so much for your input!!