Peripheral Nerve Hyperexcitability (PNH) Community
Pain of neuropathy in soles of feet.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Peripheral Nerve Hyperexcitability (PNH) and the various conditions related to it such as neuromyotonia (NMT), cramp fasciculation syndrome (CFS), benign fasciculation syndrome (BFS), Isaacs syndrome and others.

Pain of neuropathy in soles of feet.

I apologize, but I may not be able to express my question in a few words. My problem is loss-of-sleep via neuropathy. An Electromyography procedure(EMG) performed 10 years ago predicted I would have carpal-tunnel syndrome in wrists and ankles. I am a military veteran, and the VAMC in Houston, Texas, prescribes a medication that only works for me , maybe 50%:  AMTRIPTYLINE 50-mg. I sleep two hours a night in my bed until awaken with stinging pain in the soles of my feet. I move to a recliner and sleep four hours as long as my feet the touch the floor. Years ago in the US Army, I was taught to sleep in a vertical position. This is far-out, but I wonder whether I could force myself to sleep upright in a vertical position so my full- body weight rests on my feet eliminating neuropathy pain? I am age 78.
Hi!
It is at times very difficult to treat neuropathic pain. Apart from pain killers, you can opt for well designed orthopedic insoles for your foot wear, find out if you have a peripheral nerve disorder due to diabetes or not, reduce weight if you are over weight, dip feet in warm water every night before bed followed by gentle massaging of the feet etc. There is no harm in sleeping vertical, but this would keep your feet down for long time and cause venous pooling. This can become dangerous if clots form. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.