Painful muscle spasms and pain radiates up to my shin
What can an orthopedic doctor do for involuntary muscle spasms in the foot caused by nerve damage?
Hi!
Usually this will be treated by a neurologist. The cause of the nerve damage has to be found out. It may be peripheral neuropathies like diabetes or due to pinched lumbar nerve. Foot arch strain due to wrong foot wear too can cause this. Once the cause is found, treating the cause usually improves the symptoms. If diabetes is the cause, then effective blood sugar control, along with regular exercises, and vitamin B12 and folic supplements helps. If it’s a pinched nerve that manual traction and physiotherapy helps. In all cases aerobic exercises, foot massage, dipping feet in warm water all help. Please consult your doctor regarding this. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.