Peripheral Nerve Hyperexcitability (PNH) Community
Systemic or local injury

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Peripheral Nerve Hyperexcitability (PNH) and the various conditions related to it such as neuromyotonia (NMT), cramp fasciculation syndrome (CFS), benign fasciculation syndrome (BFS), Isaacs syndrome and others.

Systemic or local injury

The peripheral neuropathy in my feet is unusual in that it completely disappears after a night's rest.  My feet feel normal in the morning but after I have been walking around for 30 minutes or so it comes back and gets worse during the rest of the day.  My podiatrist has found nothing wrong with my feet but the nerve conduction study shows that I have mild neuropathy in my feet.

Could this be due to an injury in my feet rather than a systemic problem.  Can a systemic problem manifest in this manner?

Rick
this may sound ultra-dumb, but do you need arch supports? I knew someone who suffered excruciating headaches and spent fortunes on specialists and tests trying to find out what was wrong with him. He finally visited a noted diagnostician who noticed the way he walked. The patient had orthotics made and never had another headache. I knew both the patient and the doctor.
By the way, even though your podiatrist can find nothing structurally wrong with your feet, satisfy your curiosity by buying a pair of arch supports off the shelf in your local drug store.