Peripheral Nerve Hyperexcitability (PNH) Community
nerve damage after radiofrequency ablation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Peripheral Nerve Hyperexcitability (PNH) and the various conditions related to it such as neuromyotonia (NMT), cramp fasciculation syndrome (CFS), benign fasciculation syndrome (BFS), Isaacs syndrome and others.

I had a PLIF with plating in Aug. 2009 with ongoing complaints of pain and radicular symptoms. After having a radiofrequency ablasion I lost all sensation and use of left leg. After IV steroids I've regained use at hip and partial at knee. MRI is negative and EMG shows damage to L5. My foot is always cold and veins distended and leg becomes purple. I continue to have decreased sensation from ball of foot through the toes and marked weakness.  First off, has anyone ever heard of this as complication of radiofrequency ablasion? and recommend further treatment and what's my prognosis?