nerve damage due to a blood draw
my wife recently went to the lab at our local hospital to have a blood test for her calcium level,i was with her and when the phlabotomist inserted the needle in my wifes left arm it litterally took her breath away.When the needle was removed the pain has continued and also numbness and loss of motion has occurred,can this be permanent and what should she do now.
Sounds like a nerve was irritated related to the blood draw.  She needs to have this checked by a physician ASAP.  Only time will tell if she has any permanent damage.  Most of the time the problem resolves over time.  
It will resolve. It is pointless to have it "checked" (unless you are of a litigenous nature) because there is absolutely positively nothing that can be done. Having it "checked" involves time and, more importantly money. Travel money, a co-pay. It is not going to be permanent.

It is unfortunate there is pain, but sometimes veins are hard to find.

And some phlebotomists are pretty crummy at what they do.